You Know You're a Figure Skating Fan When... | Page 15 | Golden Skate

You Know You're a Figure Skating Fan When...

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
... when you try following 2 international competitions per week and get a severe headache from all the drama, numerous scandals on GS and uncertainty for the new season.

... when the only days of the week when you don't have a severe headache are Moday, Tuesday, Wednesday because on these days there are no competitions to follow.

:eeking:

This.

BillNeal

You Know I'm a FS Fan...
Record Breaker
...three days of attending live competition just flew by for you (but you're worried a little bit about the amount of work you need to catch up on come Monday).

BillNeal

You Know I'm a FS Fan...
Record Breaker
...Wednesday is not the most boring day of the week because it's actually the day before FS competitions start and you can review the schedules, skating orders, and also mentally prepare yourself for watching three continuous days of (sometimes simultaneous) competition(s).

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
...you upload a fancam for the first time :slink:.

You collect and save every fancam, as well as every TV broadcast/ TV special/news broadcast in every language and yes, pretty much everything on youtubedailymotionetc, for each of your skaters (and believe me, for some of them {cough}youknowwho{/cough} this is many hundreds and still counting).

And you treasure and rewatch the few you can get for your smaller, less wellknown, not yet or never were superstars favourites just as much....

khtmyzr

Final Flight
When you hijack your family's tv to watch the online stream of a competition's practice session on a bigger screen. Which, in effect, makes your family members (who didn't understand why I have to watch a practice and not just wait for the actual competition) have to watch the practice with you while waiting for their turn to watch soccer on tv :agree:

hanyuufan5

✨**:。*
Medalist
When you consider asking for permission to hook your laptop up to the big screen in the conference room when your favorite skater is on. :eek:: (Someone was in there, so I didn't bother to ask...)

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
When you write 2 e-mails to Ted Barton as soon as you get up in the morning - 2 hours before you even have your breakfast! :eek:

Although, to be fair, I've only actually sent one of them so far. I'm not sending the second e-mail until nearer the time that the Ladies FS broadcast is due to start.

CaroLiza_fan

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Reading everyone's posts made me chuckle, been there, done that, still doing it only
not at the same level. I decided to take it easy now. I deserve a break!

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
When you spend over two hours navigating a Japanese website with only the help of Google translate because you need to have that keyring/video/scarf/magazine/pair of socks for your life to be complete.... (so okay, it isn't the first fandom I've been that mad with my money and nuttily misspelt address in...)

BillNeal

You Know I'm a FS Fan...
Record Breaker
...during ice resurfacing, you watch the zamboni go by and think, wouldn't it be cool to maybe try driving it just one time?

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
When you write 2 e-mails to Ted Barton as soon as you get up in the morning - 2 hours before you even have your breakfast! :eek:

Although, to be fair, I've only actually sent one of them so far. I'm not sending the second e-mail until nearer the time that the Ladies FS broadcast is due to start.

CaroLiza_fan

And in case anybody is wondering, Ted did use both of them. The first while analysing the FS of the skater it was about, and the second during the Group 2 Warm-Up.

In the case of the first, it was providing some background info on the skater. Because I realised from his analysis of her SP that he only knew part of her story, as the significant part of her story hadn't been mentioned.

With the second, I was telling the "how I got into figure skating" story. I admit, I maybe wrote a bit too much (quelle surprise! :laugh: ), which is why he only took bits out of it. But, I like that he included all the bits where I mentioned specific skaters.

In case you are wondering what he left out, it was mainly complaining about the lack of rinks here in Ireland (there are 2 permanent rinks in Belfast, and none in the rest of the island), and how it is a shame that kids on this island aren't getting the opportunity to discover a love for the ice as a result.

So, two e-mails sent, and two used. Thank you, Ted. :thank:

CaroLiza_fan