You Know You're a Figure Skating Fan When... | Page 18 | Golden Skate

You Know You're a Figure Skating Fan When...

LadyB

Record Breaker
When you look up your skating crush's IG just to make sure you do not miss a potential new post, even though you've got them on notification.

When you're super happy when your favourite's family members follow you on IG without you having to follow them first. :hap93:

Seruleane

Final Flight
When you've watched all the skaters' programs several times (livestream and with different commentators), but GPF is replaying on NBC so you decide what the heck, let's watch again! Luckily, my family is willing to indulge me :)

hanyuufan5

✨**:。*
Medalist
When your mom is working on a family tree, shows you a picture of some possible distant cousin, and asks if he looks like anyone to you... and the only thing you can come up with is that he looks kind of like Alexei Yagudin. So you show her a picture on the off chance that anyone named Yagudin might be a link between the cousin and your known family, or the dude might be from around wherever Alexei's family is from. (She said, "WHOA!" when I showed her, so it wasn't just my fangirly mind imagining the resemblance! :laugh:)

rinkside_user

On the Ice
When you have not just participated in the predictions game (let it be junior, senior, or both) but you feel like doubting your status as a fan when you are out of top100 and some of your predictions were so off that a toddler or a racecar could have predicted the results better.

BillNeal

You Know I'm a FS Fan...
Record Breaker
...you're still on a high Monday at work from watching the 16 GPF events at home, enjoying all the pre-, during, and post-discussions. You kind of wish you had taken a week's vacation and flown out to Vancouver to watch it live.

CellarDweller

Ice Time
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
when you're listening to Christmas music while addressing holiday cards, and your mind starts to create a skating program to Trans-Siberian Orchestra's "Carol of the Bells".

satine

v Yuki Ishikawa v
Record Breaker
I was behind a car earlier today that had GOE in the license plate. I got way too excited about it :laugh2:

Metis

Shepherdess of the Teal Deer
Record Breaker
You find yourself mentally rescoring various events as you attempt to fall asleep, under both the rules of the time and current ones.

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
when you're listening to Christmas music while addressing holiday cards, and your mind starts to create a skating program to Trans-Siberian Orchestra's "Carol of the Bells".

Even worse, you're in the supermarket, they're playing the usual schlocky muszaky carols, and part of your mind is still working not only on which skater each carol fits but what their program and costume would be like....

hanyuufan5

✨**:。*
Medalist
When you're considering getting $12 pants from Walmart altered by a tailor because the material looks just like Yuzuru Hanyu's black velvet costume pants, but the smallest size is too big... The alterations will probably cost more than the pants themselves, but the fabric is so perfect... :cry:

Sai Bon

Final Flight
Country
New-Zealand
When you're considering getting $12 pants from Walmart altered by a tailor because the material looks just like Yuzuru Hanyu's black velvet costume pants, but the smallest size is too big... The alterations will probably cost more than the pants themselves, but the fabric is so perfect... :cry:

When you stay up till 2am for four consecutive days to watch crappy streams of Japanese Nationals and end up with severe exhaustion and a cold!
However, against steep odds, my girl Kaori won, so I can't complain! :yes2:

daydreamangel

Rinkside
Happy Boxing day!

You are a skating fan when you spend hours, days pouring over your fav skater's performances to create the perfect montage, timed to their movements and expressions. (Which I've done and will never again - a complete time suck and I lost the video haha - skating fan life)

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Happy Boxing day!

You are a skating fan when you spend hours, days pouring over your fav skater's performances to create the perfect montage, timed to their movements and expressions. (Which I've done and will never again - a complete time suck and I lost the video haha - skating fan life)

I was going to echo your sentiments about "never again", but then I remembered that one of my favourites has a milestone birthday in a few months. And I would like to do something nice for it. But I can't think of anything else I could do, so...

Nah, I'm not very creative or technologically minded, so the videos I have made in the past have been pretty basic. But, even so, I can totally relate to the things you said. It eats up so much time trying to find just the right things to use. And then it is a nightmare trying to get it to fit in time to the music you have chosen, so that it looks half decent.

To me, although you do feel an immense sense of achievement at the end, it's not worth the time spent.

But, I cannot imagine the disappointment to have lost it after all that. That must have been awful!

So, you totally have my sympathy.

CaroLiza_fan

daydreamangel

Rinkside
It was a nightmare!

I didn't just lose the montage, I lost all my skating videos when my portable hard drive got fried. I had like over 20gb of data lost :( Slowly rebuilding my library now but it will never be as complete. (The quality of youtube videos will never be as good)