You Know You're a Figure Skating Fan When... | Page 27 | Golden Skate

You Know You're a Figure Skating Fan When...

cocotaffy

Final Flight
When the letters on the car plate driving in front of you register immediately as skating terminology. Can't see RD on a car plate without thinking Rhythm Dance, same for FD, LP .... or your fav ice dance teams like PC = Papadakis/Cizeron, HB=Hubbell/Donohue.Unfortunately, the two letters on my car plate don't correspond to anything :sarcasm:

Barbara314

Rinkside
When you queue in the cold and dark at 4 am when the doors to the rink aren't going to open for 3 hours (open seating ACI).

hanyuufan5

✨**:。*
Medalist
When the letters on the car plate driving in front of you register immediately as skating terminology. Can't see RD on a car plate without thinking Rhythm Dance, same for FD, LP .... or your fav ice dance teams like PC = Papadakis/Cizeron, HB=Hubbell/Donohue.Unfortunately, the two letters on my car plate don't correspond to anything :sarcasm:

There are so many "JGP"s and "GPF"s on license plates around here. :laugh:

And a related one: when GP makes you think Grand Prix, not general practitioner.

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
...when you watch the highlights of the Proms In The Park concert that was held in Belfast last month, and they show 2009 Australia's Got Talent winner Mark Vincent singing "Nella Fantasia", accompanied by the Ulster Orchestra.

Suffice to say, I was seeing skating programmes in my head.

CaroLiza_fan

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
You have watched some skates - in 8-10 different videos - so many times that when you listen to the actual music you can not only hear the echo of Kurt's voice ("a superstar is born") in the right place, but Tracey Wilson's simple "oh!"... in the right place.

(And it's pretty hysterical when it's the Olympic programs because ALL the commentators' voices echo some days...)

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
When you can’t sleep because Gracie is skating tomorrow.

rinkside_user

On the Ice
When you are dreaming about Kostornaia having a disastrous test skate in your workplace (on a wooden floor) with settings from a recent exhibition you saw and you are trying to help the poor girl with her panic attack. Because even in your dream, Kostornaia and you are both fully aware of the bloodbath Russian nationals are going to be and the consequences at the Tutberidze camp for popping jumps. (And to boot: Kostornaia is not even among my favorite skaters.)

hanyuufan5

✨**:。*
Medalist
When you've barely listened to any non-Japanese/Russian/Central Asian music since you were in middle school but just woke up with "Perfect" in your head. :laugh:

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
When you go into an antiques shop and are drawn to a stand with military medals for sale. And you end up buying a WW1 medal associated with the County Of Tyrol.

And part of the reason you picked that particular medal over the others available is because your favourite figure skater is Tyrolean (as is my favourite female ski jumper).

CaroLiza_fan

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
When your best friend tells you she was diagnosed with arthritis and your immediate reaction is "Oh for (bleep)'s sake, I overly worry about joints already without adding yours on the list"

No prizes for guessing whose ankles are on the top of my list

attyfan

Custom Title
Medalist
When a highpoint in a pre-concert lecture before hearing my local symphony is seeking clips of Yu-Na skating to Gershwin's Concerto -- and Michelle Kwan to Schez.

sk8kirsty

On the Ice
When you sprain your ankle and tell your family, "I may not make it to Worlds" and they all know what you mean.
Omg hahah this legit just happened to me last weekend [emoji28] but I said "I may not make it to British" because I'm not good enough to go to worlds [emoji26][emoji108]