You Know You're a Figure Skating Fan When... | Page 33 | Golden Skate

You Know You're a Figure Skating Fan When...

CellarDweller

Ice Time
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
.......when you seriously try to think of a way to get in touch with your favorite skater, because you have a suggestion for a song for them to skate to.

LOL

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
.......when you seriously try to think of a way to get in touch with your favorite skater, because you have a suggestion for a song for them to skate to.

LOL

I want to see Chock and Bates skate to the secondary love story in "South Pacific" The Beautiful Island Girl, Bloody Mary's daugther and the Handsome but Ill fated LT. "The secondary, tragic love story between straight-laced Lieutenant Joseph Cable and the exotic Tonkinese girl Liat" Their songs are "Happy Talk" and the lovely "Younger than Springtime". Would you please tell them for me? If not, I will ask them at nats or SA.:laugh2:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BmsOaip-YE8

Fia

Spectator
...when you look at the calendar and realise that it’s almost a week until practices begin for junior worlds so you get really excited and only realise a day later that that means it’s also a week until your birthday😂

TT_Fin

The second worst besserwisser in the world
Record Breaker
Country
Finland
When you listen to local commentator and realize that you have more trivia knowledge of skaters, their placements at previous competitions, something about their personal life and about their jumping skills than the commentator :slink:

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
...when you look at the calendar and realise that it’s almost a week until practices begin for junior worlds so you get really excited and only realise a day later that that means it’s also a week until your birthday��

I was born in the Middle of March, but at my age I dont celebrate birthdays, I mourn them! :(

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I was @ Target yesterday, and came across a scented candle called "Sparkling Yuzu." No, I didn't buy it, but I chuckled when I saw it.

DenissVFan

Medalist
When you listen to local commentator and realize that you have more trivia knowledge of skaters, their placements at previous competitions, something about their personal life and about their jumping skills than the commentator :slink:

This.

MGstyle

Crawling around on the ice after chestnuts
Medalist
When you are so impatient for the arrival of the WC:dance3: but at the same time dread it because that means within a week of its start the season will end and you won't know what to do with your life, again. :cry:

CellarDweller

Ice Time
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I want to see Chock and Bates skate to the secondary love story in "South Pacific" The Beautiful Island Girl, Bloody Mary's daugther and the Handsome but Ill fated LT. "The secondary, tragic love story between straight-laced Lieutenant Joseph Cable and the exotic Tonkinese girl Liat" Their songs are "Happy Talk" and the lovely "Younger than Springtime". Would you please tell them for me? If not, I will ask them at nats or SA.:laugh2:

I want to see Kevin Aymoz skate to the Pentatonix version of "Sound of Silence". I really think he'd be amazing skating to it. Someone get that message to him, please!

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland

I saw "South Pacific" for the first time over the Christmas period, and I loved it.

Having heard a medley of "Dites-Moi" and "Happy Talk" performanced countless times by the school choir when I was at both primary school and high school, it was really nice to hear them in their original context. And to realise that the two songs actually had nothing to do with each other!

I would love to see Chock and Bates skate to "Happy Talk". But on one condition - that Madison has to do a full re-creation of Liat's performance in the scene:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBWjNlBko70

We know Madison can do down-right sexy. But, it would be interesting to see how she does at a more subtle charm. With the looks Liat gives Lieutenant Cable, and the actions she does along to Bloody Mary's singing.

Oh, and to give it extra authenticity, it would probably help Madison and Evan were wearing wet clothes. After all, Liat and Lt. Cable are supposed to have just swam through a lake. Although, that would probably lead to lots of heart attacks from the male section of the audience, and a full scale medical emergency in the arena...

CaroLiza_fan

Greengemmonster

On the Ice
I was young, I was beautiful, I was sporting a Rika Kihira - esque ponytail with hair accessories. I had landed two triple axels and after a wonderful step sequence was about to launch into my textbook Lutz.

The next thing I know I'm back to being me and Hubby is telling me it's time to get up.

Boooooo!!!!!!!!

Snorlax

Rinkside
Country
United-Kingdom
...when you are about to get new skates, but still can't stand the fact that the blades of your current skates are dull, so you hand them in to sharpen them even if you'll just have them for one or two more sessions...

waterblades

On the Ice
You secretly watch figure skating live at work :laugh:

OMG this! During the 2010 Olympics I was streaming at my desk and my Division Manager came into my office in office just before Patrick Chan was going to skate. He laughed and said come and see me when he was done. I though I might be in trouble as our IT department sent an email telling us not to do this. He asked his question then wanted to know how Patrick did and what our chances were in medaling. He of course asked about Scott and Tessa as we work in Tessa home town and well Canada. . I still do this but only for my favourites I just watch when they are on.

hanyuufan5

✨**:。*
Medalist
Haha, I was once watching figure skating at work and not even trying to hide it and now I can say that my boss has seen Kazuki Tomono. :laugh:

Ravyn Rant

Totally 80s Dance Party!
Medalist
You know you're a figure skating fan when the activities director ropes you into making shamrock centerpieces with the old folks and when the AD asks if anyone wants to watch Riverdance, you say "I know a figure skating program..."
Next thing we knew a bunch of barely-there seniors sat fascinated while Jason Brown brought down the house at 2014 Nats. As I left they were demanding more ice skating. I'm here for at least three more weeks, but as far as I'm concerned my work here is done.

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
You know you're a figure skating fan when the activities director ropes you into making shamrock centerpieces with the old folks and when the AD asks if anyone wants to watch Riverdance, you say "I know a figure skating program..."
Next thing we knew a bunch of barely-there seniors sat fascinated while Jason Brown brought down the house at 2014 Nats. As I left they were demanding more ice skating. I'm here for at least three more weeks, but as far as I'm concerned my work here is done.

:laugh:

I cannot imagine having the fractures and surgery that you have had,:pray: but the skating gods placed you there for a reason:thumbsup:

Last edited:

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
My phone keeps auto correcting “go” to GP ... I might be a figure skating fan :biggrin: