Knierims to be coached by Aljona Savchenko | Golden Skate

Knierims to be coached by Aljona Savchenko

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Hm, wonder which rink in Chicago they'll end up at? Possible that they'll end up at Rockne Brubecker's rink in the suburbs?

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Well, Alexa wasn’t kidding when she said in her IG stories on Friday that she had big news on Monday!:biggrin:

And being in Chicago part time makes sense, as her family can take care of the kitties and Diesel and Cami while they are abroad:agree:

Lamente Ariane

Skating Skills -5, Fashion +3, Camp +4
Record Breaker
Wow! :jaw: This off-season has certainly delivered as far as wild coaching changes are concerned. Excited to see how this works out for Chris and Alexa!

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
It will be interesting to see the results of this. If Aliona cannot compete herself, this is the next logical step.

drivingmissdaisy

Record Breaker
I gathered from the tweet that the pair will skate alongside Alonya/Bruno and both teams will be coached by Alonya's coaches. :confused:

apgold

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I gathered from the tweet that the pair will skate alongside Alonya/Bruno and both teams will be coached by Alonya's coaches. :confused:

There was a clarification posted by IN.

Clarification to this clarification: The Knierims' main coach will be Aljona Savchenko. They will also work with other members of her coaching team in Oberstdorf, Germany, and, in addition, will spend time training in the Chicago area.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Hm, wonder which rink in Chicago they'll end up at? Possible that they'll end up at Rockne Brubecker's rink in the suburbs?

Per tweet from Alexa/Chris, seems that during times when they are Chicago, Aljona will travel to U.S. -- to coach them on site, presumably?

ETA:

Philip Hersh @olyphil

Just clarifying: @USFigureSkating told me the line in the press release saying @Scimeca_Knierim will train “with" @AljonaSavchenko means she will be part of the team coaching them in both the Chicago area and Germany.

9:12 AM - 14 May 2018

https://twitter.com/olyphil/status/996060760458612736

Knierims will need ice time when in Chicago, but does not sound (yet????) as if any Chicago-based coach will work with them??​

ETA:

Alexa's Instagram story certainly gave the impression that they recently have been in Germany for training. (Her photo [purposely, I assume] did not give a full view of the rink, but showed -- as a reflection on the ice surface -- a preponderance of German flags hanging amidst an assortment of other international flags.)

(It was in the days after the cryptic passport photos. And after their visit to the White House.)

And even more recently, Alexa's Insta story showed Aljona's husband's artwork of the Knierims.​

Hyena

Tous les whiskys
Medalist
Yet another thread title that made me remind myself that April 1st had passed...I expected coaching change news based on Alexa and Chris's instagram posts, but did not have Aljona anywhere on the radar as a potential coach. Huge opportunity for them.

Danny T

Medalist
Whoa, Aljona will be their main coach :eek:

Wait, so is Bruno the assistant coach? Or is he off doing his own thing while she's coaching??

mau

3Lz3Lo3Lo3Lo3Lo
On the Ice
I hope Aljona will coach more pairs besides them and Oberstdorf becomes the Montreal of pairs skating. :biggrin:

libecha

Rinkside
Whoa, Aljona will be their main coach :eek:

Wait, so is Bruno the assistant coach? Or is he off doing his own thing while she's coaching??

He’s moving to La Chaux-de-Fonds to coach at the skating club there. I think he made his decision before she did, he was taking about it weeks ago.

pearly

Record Breaker
Yet another thread title that made me remind myself that April 1st had passed...I expected coaching change news based on Alexa and Chris's instagram posts, but did not have Aljona anywhere on the radar as a potential coach. Huge opportunity for them.

I also checked the calendar.

For some reason I don't see this partnership lasting, just my gut feeling.

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I also checked the calendar.

For some reason I don't see this partnership lasting, just my gut feeling.

Wow, you mean Alexa and Chris with Aljona? (Since Alexa and Chris are clearly together for the long haul :))

That seems a little harsh, when they're just starting, and by their social media posts they have a mutual admiration society:agree: The only thing I can see is geography, since Alexa and Chris are not going to move full time to Europe, Aljona would need to accommodate that....