Knierims to be coached by Aljona Savchenko | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Knierims to be coached by Aljona Savchenko

Interspectator

Record Breaker
The shocks keep coming! This next Olympic cycle will be so interesting. Good Luck Aliona in this next big adventure. :luv17:

Mdk0144

On the Ice
I actually wanted them to go to Bruno Marcotte since the teams under him has great jumps, but still it’s great! Hope a great season for them.

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
I am happy for them. I feel like they are at a crossroads in their career- hang up their skates or do something new. I'm glad they opted for the later as they have so much unrealized potential.

Agree - and cannot imagine a better person than Aljona herself for this try. I imagine that getting back into competition after break with new partner, going into new Pairs' landscape created post-Sochi Olympics was difficult in its own meaning, hence I think that Aljona could relate to the point Knierims are in now. And I still re-watch Knierims' 'Elisabeth: The Golden Age' OST FS from 2016 4CC wishing to see that poise and attack again, paired with same skill expressed, just with more consistency and impact. If they are willing give themselves a chance, I'm with them!

Yuzuruu

the silent assassin
Medalist
I hope Aljona will coach more pairs besides them and Oberstdorf becomes the Montreal of pairs skating. :biggrin:

Now THAT would be epic indeed :D

Honestly this off season is freaking amazing! My head is spinning from all this great news! I am very happy for the Knierims, I always thought they have so much more in them, they just need somebody to help them spread their wings.

I have to say I am also extremely excited to see Aljona coaching! :jaw:

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Wow! I never thought the Knierems would leave Delilah. All the best to them with Aliona! :ghug:

lauravvv

Medalist
Country
Latvia
Besides geography, the biggest obstacle I see would be that Aljona and Bruno are still doing a good amount of show skating. I guess that's partly why they'll also work with the other coaches, but it could still make things more difficult.
Stephane Lambiel has been coaching Deniss Vasiljevs and other skaters full time and still skating in quite a lot of shows at the same time. He has other coaches for those times. It would be the same in this case with Savchenko and Knierims.

QuadThrow

Medalist
Alexander König is moving to Berlin due family reasons. I cannot imagine him being part of the coaching Team. Bruno will move to France. I think it will be all on Aljona's shoulders.

There will be a press conference on thursday with Aljona and Bruno talking about their future. It is very sad that this seems to be the end of her unique career.

nolangoh

Steps and Spirals enthusiast
Record Breaker
Why to Oberstdorf? They should go to Toronto and train with Brian Orser! :biggrin:

Just kidding. I am sure they will definitely be better with Aljona.

Chris though, I think he needs to go to Eteri for a few weeks first. ;)

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
Alexander König is moving to Berlin due family reasons. I cannot imagine him being part of the coaching Team. Bruno will move to France. I think it will be all on Aljona's shoulders.

There will be a press conference on thursday with Aljona and Bruno talking about their future. It is very sad that this seems to be the end of her unique career.

It will be sad indeed from one angle, as a sportswoman as Aljona happens once in a looong while, with such determination, longevity and poise, but I'll be grateful forever for her coming back and giving us all this kind of thrill and performances to re-watch. I'm happy to see them both exploring new paths though and I hope we will se both of them still in the business. Who knows, maybe after one/two years they will decide to give it another shot, with Aljona I do not rule out anything :):):)

And I am curious about Aljona's vision of coaching, if she will have a team and who will be a part of it eventually.

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
So excited about this new coaching scenario for Alexa and Chris. I think they got derailed a bit with her illness, but they are ready to get a fresh start now and keep moving forward. Looking forward to hearing more details on Thursday.

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Why to Oberstdorf? They should go to Toronto and train with Brian Orser! :biggrin:

Just kidding. I am sure they will definitely be better with Aljona.

Chris though, I think he needs to go to Eteri for a few weeks first. ;)

If Eteri is upset now, just wait until she coaches Chris .... a grown adult man who has supported his wife through a life threatening illness is *not* putting up with her stuff. :laugh2:

Of all the skaters in this world, Chris knows there are more important things than jumps;)

MK's Winter

Record Breaker
I guess I'm still not getting it. Aljona and Alexa are committed, passionate, hard-working skaters. Other than a difference in skill level (which is why they are going to her and her coaches), there isn't much to distinguish them. Although maybe you mean that since they are both passionate about their work and their results, they could clash there? Maybe:confused:

I can see the show engagements part, but I don't understand the "coach not a buddy" comment. I don't see any indication that Alexa and Chris' personal relationship with Dalilah has interfered with their coaching relationship. Since Alexa and Chris are so hard working and dedicated, I don't see where they need a drill sergeant; skill level, not dedication, has been what they need to improve.

There are something’s I have noticed and heard. Not saying they don’t work hard but it also doesn’t always show. They are the best team in the US in terms of elements. I’m glad they made a change as Delilah did not seem to bring any new to their skating.

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
There are something’s I have noticed and heard. Not saying they don’t work hard but it also doesn’t always show. They are the best team in the US in terms of elements. I’m glad they made a change as Delilah did not seem to bring any new to their skating.

I agree that hard work does not always translate into results, sadly. I am puzzled, for example, by folks who would think that Chris doesn’t work hard on his jumps because he doesn’t land them consistently. The two do not correlate.

And I also agree that they seemed to need a change; they got that beautiful 4Tw with Dalilah, but the rest did not seem to progress. This is a bold move and I hope it works out :clap:

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
Congrats! how exciting and fun and developing etc for them :thumbsup:

Haven't read the thread but guess there are a lot of positive thoughts... or?

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
They were stagnating under Delilah. I'm glad they decided to make a positive move elsewhere.