Trankov to coach Tarasova and Morozov | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Trankov to coach Tarasova and Morozov

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
I always hated Not Myself Tonight - that music video was a total Madonna ripoff.

They could always skate to Dirrty. :laugh2:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4Rg3sAb8Id8

Ahhh, pop music circa 2002: the year I started college, could legally drink, and go clubbing practically every Friday and Saturday night. Those were the days. Now I sit here covered in baby spit up with a restless Newdaughter, who just won’t fall asleep, wondering if this is the start of my midlife crisis. :rofl:

Me thinks (don't judge too harshly...:laugh:;)) that they could look good with 'Beautiful' or other pop ballad as a program - their EX to 'Ordinary People' had this understated, low-key quality that I like. I'd love to see a pop/contemporary SP and a classic, grandiose FS from them (FS preferably to Grieg's compositions)

charlotte14

Medalist
Because they got the worst program in pairs history and the psychological damage of that cost them Olympic bronze
Mozer said T/M chose the program themselves while she was away. When she came back it was already like that, out of her hands.

pearly

Record Breaker
Mozer said T/M chose the program themselves while she was away. When she came back it was already like that, out of her hands.

Did she really? I remember reading that they wanted a boogie program, but Meagan Duhamel said in an interview that Mozer thought theirs was the best music at the Olympics.

(Sorry if spelled wrong, can't keep up with all the spelling versions of Megan and Caitlin.)

LadyB

Record Breaker
They didn't go on holidays together, ok. But how does that mean that they have broken up??!!
Look like Vladimir go with Alexsandr Enbert and some others friends, but all mens.

Not quite. Alexander had his girlfriend with him and there was Kristina Stepanova, a skating coach, there too.

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Did she really? I remember reading that they wanted a boogie program, but Meagan Duhamel said in an interview that Mozer thought theirs was the best music at the Olympics.

How would Meagan possibly know that? Is she a mindreader?

charlotte14

Medalist

(Sorry if spelled wrong, can't keep up with all the spelling versions of Megan and Caitlin.)
Mozer said so in an interview it was T/M who chose Candyman. So either Mozer brushed away the responsility on the worst program ever or that Meagan got it wrong.

Lota

Record Breaker
If I recall correctly, Mozer said in an interview that they all agreed to do a boogie program, but Mozer had a more fancy, elegant, evening version in mind, while T/M ended up choosing this music instead. I just think that everyone's trying to wash their hands of this program and avoid the responsibility :laugh:

pearly

Record Breaker
If I recall correctly, Mozer said in an interview that they all agreed to do a boogie program, but Mozer had a more fancy, elegant, evening version in mind, while T/M ended up choosing this music instead. I just think that everyone's trying to wash their hands of this program and avoid the responsibility :laugh:

The moment they said "the words are not important, only music is important" and started censoring afterwards you knew someone realized they messed up.

kevinVchicago

Record Breaker
Whatever it takes to get better programs. They both seemed absolutely miserable by the end of last season. It was painful to watch. And they were so exhausted and sarcastic at the press conferences. Hope they can get to a better place this season.

moriel

Record Breaker
Translation of some of Maxim Trankov's comments:

fs-gossips.com/maxim-trankov-tarasova-morozov-need-to-learn-how-to-be-champions/

Some stuff makes a lot of sense.
While they are actually an experienced pair with quite a few medals, people still kinda see them as that young pair that is still developing blabla.

"They will show up in completely different artistic images"
Does this mean they are FINALLY GETTING GOOD PROGRAMS? Because i mean, that would be completely different.

lavoix

Match Penalty
Trankov will be good in giving them a new artistic image, something that works for them.

I thought their Olympic SP was their ideal image. Very classical Russian pair program.

Tutto

Record Breaker
Trankov will be good in giving them a new artistic image, something that works for them.

I thought their Olympic SP was their ideal image. Very classical Russian pair program.

By keeping the same choreographer?