Trankov to coach Tarasova and Morozov | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Trankov to coach Tarasova and Morozov

vorravorra

Record Breaker
They didn't go on holidays together, ok. But how does that mean that they have broken up??!!
Look like Vladimir go with Alexsandr Enbert and some others friends, but all mens.

I never heard about the rumor of Evgenia-Fedor dating... Can someone explain to me where this rumor come from??
These days tend to be true, but I'm suspicious with that one
Why does it matter if they are dating? Are there actual shippers of Evgenia and Vladimir out there? As long as they continue skating together it's their own business.

Tutto

Record Breaker
Why does it matter if they are dating? Are there actual shippers of Evgenia and Vladimir out there? As long as they continue skating together it's their own business.

Any news matters in the off-season - it give us something to talk about!
But if to be serious it does matter for pair skating and ID, just think of some famous splits e.g Rodnina/Ulanov (at the dawn of time I know but human nature remains the same)

Yuzuruu

the silent assassin
Medalist
Dear Lord... what is happening?! :eek: is this real life or is this fantasy? :laugh: Well since T/M's elements are rather solid maybe Max could teach them some artistry and suggest more suitable music to them since this is clearly the area where they are a bit lacking.

I honestly cannot wait for the next season to happen already! :yes2:

Tutto

Record Breaker
And more interviews on the subject:

https://rsport.ria.ru/figure_skating/20180516/1136987252.html
http://tass.ru/sport/5205926
https://www.sports.ru/figure-skating/1063226775.html
https://rsport.ria.ru/figure_skating/20180516/1136986389.html

Short summary
Nina Mozer remains their main coach but taking a break till September
Robin will be mainly in charge of technical aspect and Maxim - of all related to PCS
Chernysev to choreograph both programs (and it will be not like anything they done before promises Trankov - lets hope so!)
Tatiana will be called in occasionally to help
They are planning to compete in CoR and SA , CS events to be decided

vorravorra

Record Breaker
Any news matters in the off-season - it give us something to talk about!
But if to be serious it does matter for pair skating and ID, just think of some famous splits e.g Rodnina/Ulanov (at the dawn of time I know but human nature remains the same)
Yes, I know, but in this particular case it seems that if they are not a couple it has been that way for a while and they have managed to stick together. Some people actually value their careers more than changing emotions. Of course it's not a guarantee that something won't go wrong (it is so much better when pairs are just friends precisely for this reason).

Tutto

Record Breaker
Yes, I know, but in this particular case it seems that if they are not a couple it has been that way for a while and they have managed to stick together. Some people actually value their careers more than changing emotions. Of course it's not a guarantee that something won't go wrong (it is so much better when pairs are just friends precisely for this reason).

If they both moved on I don't think it'd a problem but if it is only Evgenia and Vladimir is still in love with her (pure speculation on my part ) then it could be tricky... But I too think T/M are both level-headed and ambitious enough to put their careers first

Lota

Record Breaker
I'm sure they'd both share a good laugh if they ever saw this silly thread, seriously, people :palmf: :laugh:

Also, if the basis of speculation is purely that he went on vacation with some guy friends without her... what??? :unsure: :dumb: Have none of y'all ever gone on a girls trip or a guys trip without your second half? Is it really that strange? Am I the strange one for thinking that it's not a huge deal?

Anyway, hopefully Trankov proves to be a great addition to their coaching team. While not all of V/T's programs were winners, I did enjoy the majority of them. Hopefully all of them will be able to find a style that really suits T/M.

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Goodness I can’t keep up. I think it is a good move for T/M. They are first rate technicians all they need is better choreography.

saturdaysun

On the Ice
Surprised that they were a couple to begin with given their on-ice chemistry...

I'm starting to develop a theory that being a couple off-ice actually makes partners not have any chemistry on-ice. I guess it's the same thing with actors sometimes. T/M, Chock/Bates, the Knerims, etc. I think all lack chemistry and spark (just IMO of course). Meanwhile, people want to ship couples like Virtue/Moir and Sui/Han but perhaps it's precisely because they're not romantically involved irl that they're able to express such amazing chemistry in their performances.

Of course there are exceptions.

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
I read this title as "Trankov to coach Trusova" :slink:
Now that would be some off-season drama to top them all! :laugh:

moriel

Record Breaker
Anything can happen, this wild off-season.

Even Trusova going to pairs with Erokhov (*that side-by-side quad), coached by Trankov :popcorn:

Well, i think it was Kostornaia that said that she considers switching to pairs at some point.
We could start some juicy rumor out of that.

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
I'm starting to develop a theory that being a couple off-ice actually makes partners not have any chemistry on-ice. I guess it's the same thing with actors sometimes. T/M, Chock/Bates, the Knerims, etc. I think all lack chemistry and spark (just IMO of course). Meanwhile, people want to ship couples like Virtue/Moir and Sui/Han but perhaps it's precisely because they're not romantically involved irl that they're able to express such amazing chemistry in their performances.

Of course there are exceptions.

I don't know. I think that rather than being together making the chemistry worse, that it just doesn't have much of an effect on chemistry on ice (or on screen).

Like, V/M and S/H has good chemistry without being together (as far as we know). Some of the couples who are together don't have good chemistry. But others who are together do/did (V/T, G/G). And then there are others like J/C, who a lot of people find to have great chemistry. They've dated on and off over their partnership. Or H/D, who disliked each other when they first got paired up, but had chemistry right away, then dated for a couple of years, then broke up. They pretty much have had good chemistry the whole time (imo).

Or with actors, people can have chemistry without even liking each other, but there are plenty of couples who did/do have the spark together on-screen.

gmyers

Record Breaker
Skating gods are on fire.

Why did they leave Mozer while being her Number 1 couple?

Because they got the worst program in pairs history and the psychological damage of that cost them Olympic bronze

sweetice

Praise the Ice God
Final Flight
Well, i think it was Kostornaia that said that she considers switching to pairs at some point.
We could start some juicy rumor out of that.
She is so tiny, i don't doubt she may had proposals about that.
Let see how she will grow, but if her body don't change much it may really be a good opportunity for her, if something may should go wrong with her single career.

Obviously, as now i hope for an awesome single career for her.

Going back to Tarasova and Morozov, after that weird choice of Candyman while be the Olympic season, a change seemed essential.

Still, i have a doubt. Trankov was coached by Mozer, and has starting its newer coaching career alongside her.
Maybe we are seeing this the wrong way and, as Mozer has take a break, Trankov at the moment is just replacing her.

SarahSynchro

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Ok, no more Candyman. But will they use another Christina Aguilera’s song? :devil:

I always hated Not Myself Tonight - that music video was a total Madonna ripoff.

They could always skate to Dirrty. :laugh2:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4Rg3sAb8Id8

Ahhh, pop music circa 2002: the year I started college, could legally drink, and go clubbing practically every Friday and Saturday night. Those were the days. Now I sit here covered in baby spit up with a restless Newdaughter, who just won’t fall asleep, wondering if this is the start of my midlife crisis. :rofl: