The Great Consistency Debate! | Page 5 | Golden Skate

The Great Consistency Debate!

yume

🍉
Record Breaker
That's what happen when you are in highly competitive field and in which politics rule the game.

Being the most consistent not always means being the most successful.

moriel

Record Breaker
That's what happen when you are in highly competitive field and in which politics rule the game.

Being the most consistent not always means being the most successful.

This has nothing to do with highly competitive field.
It is pretty much a natural thing, consistency does not mean success. One can easily be consistent in being stupid, for example.

Dmitryfromsiberia

On the Ice
Anna Tarusina is 15, she'll be senior eligible this year (early 2003). She won Elder Age Nationals in 2016 and 2018 (like advanced novice nationals but also with many juniors) She's the one who was injured in the bus accident at the 2016 JGP St. Gervais and had to take a year off and get a few surgeries done afterwards. She's coached by Sergey Davydov, whose skaters are often pretty consistent. Anna also does two pretty rare combos: 3Lo-3T in both the short and free and 3Lz-1Lo-3F in the free

Anyway, Anna didn't fall at all this season and I'm not sure she even had a single element with negative GOE... maybe one or two. But her only real accomplishment this season was the Elder Age Nationals win (and a bunch of skaters messed up this year, so it's all the more incredible that she didn't really mess up the whole season) Yet she's unlikely to get a GP spot and is hoping for a JGP I guess...

I read in her interview that she's in training jumping a quad and she can have it in to the program in the new season.

yume

🍉
Record Breaker
I read in her interview that she's in training jumping a quad and she can have it in to the program in the new season.

Will she stay in juniors or move up to seniors?
I don't know what are her chances for JGPs, but if she skate a clean free program with a quad at one of the firsts domestic competitions maybe the fed will finally look at her. Like Kostornaya who wasn't even in substitutes lists after 2 or 3 JGPs i think, but got a spot after a strong win at a domestic competition

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
I mean I'd imagine she'd stay in juniors because no one really knows her enough to invite her to a GP and she's not guaranteed one
I'd imagine she'd get 2 JGPs for winning Elder Age
and yeah this sucks for Vasilieva for the second season in the row but besides junior nationals, her season really wasn't that stellar

anyway, any more about Tarusina should probably go in the Russian ladies' thread, I feel bad for hijacking this to explain who Anna was

Osmond4gold

Record Breaker
Consistency to me, is not always about landing every jump but someone who is able to bring the technical, superb performance, and a WOW factor to every competition. There are very few women able to do this today, as I can think of only a couple who have podiumed at all events they have entered the past year or so.

'This' for me, is the epitome of consistency!