ISU announces Challenger Series venues | Golden Skate

ISU announces Challenger Series venues

Mohacz

Medalist
Country
Poland
Yesterday ISU announced dates and venues of 2018/2019 Challenger Series:

https://www.isu.org/news/80-inside-...-decision-of-the-isu-council?templateParam=15

The 10 competitions in 2018 are:

August 1-5 - Asian Open Figure Skating Trophy, Bangkok, THA

September 12-16 - Lombardia Trophy, Bergamo, ITA

Sept. 12-16 - U.S. International Figure Skating Classic, Salt Lake City, Utah, USA

Sept. 19-22 - 26th Ondrej Nepela Trophy, Bratislava, SVK

Sept. 20-22 - Autumn Classic International, Oakville, CAN - Link to March 22 press release

Sept. 26-29 - Nebelhorn Trophy, Oberstdorf, GER

October 4-7 - Finlandia Trophy Espoo 2018, Espoo, FIN

November 11-18 - Inge Solar Memorial – Alpen Trophy, Innsbruck, AUT

Nov. 26-Dec. 2 - Tallinn Trophy 2018, Tallinn, EST

December 5-8 - Golden Spin of Zagreb, Zagreb, CRO

A General Announcement relating to the Challenger Series 2018/19 will be published after the forthcoming ISU Congress (June 2-8, 2018) taking into account the Rule changes adopted by the 2018 ISU Congress.

It's a pity there will be no competition in Warsaw this year.

amonemae

Rinkside
Hi, am not sure if this is the correct forum thread to ask this, but would you know any information on how to get tickets for Asian Open? I am based in Bangkok and would really like to attend. There isn't much news online at the moment though, most of it still seems to be about the 2017 one. Appreciate any help on where to look. thank you.

amonemae

Rinkside
Hi, Dorispulaski!

Yeah, I've tried to call but no answer. I've also messaged on all their social accounts haha. I plan to go to the Olympic size rink today because it's where they do international level events here (Imperial World Ice Skating) and I will post here if I find out anything. Last year, this comp was free but I think it could change now because it has become part of the Challenger series.

Will keep you posted!

amonemae

Rinkside
Hi, Dorispulaski!

Yeah, I've tried to call but no answer. I've also messaged on all their social accounts haha. I plan to go to the Olympic size rink today because it's where they do international level events here (Imperial World Ice Skating) and I will post here if I find out anything. Last year, this comp was free but I think it could change now because it has become part of the Challenger series.

Will keep you posted!

Hello, I went to the venue yesterday (Imperial World Ice Skating) and they confirmed that it was going to be held there, and they said that per their information, the event was free. I know it was also free last year, but I was thinking it might change because it's now a Challenger event. I will still keep on checking with them, but I hope this is helpful to you all. Thank you!

beebee51

On the Ice
Country
United-States
I'm considering going to the event. Trying to find the venue on Google Maps but not successfully. Am using the website address but I'm seeing an Imperial World that looks like a shopping mall--is this where the rink is located? If you could help me with the address and location amonemae, I'd be very appreciative :)

amonemae

Rinkside
I'm considering going to the event. Trying to find the venue on Google Maps but not successfully. Am using the website address but I'm seeing an Imperial World that looks like a shopping mall--is this where the rink is located? If you could help me with the address and location amonemae, I'd be very appreciative :)

Hi beebee51,

Here is the Google map link to the location: https://www.google.co.th/search?q=I...1;tbs:lrf:!2m1!1e2!2m1!1e3!3sIAE,lf:1,lf_ui:2

You are correct, it is a mall called Imperial World. The ice rink is located inside. If you live in Bangkok, you can take the BTS to Samrong station, get off from there and walk to the mall, about a 5-10 mins walk. I am still looking for information if it is truly free because I really want to go, if you learn anything more please share as well! :pray:

Thank you!