Could someone actually pull-off "Candyman"? | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Could someone actually pull-off "Candyman"?

NanaPat

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
One of the things I liked most about Ryan Bradley's performance (besides the skating, which was spectacular) was the lack of lyrics, lewd or otherwise. The people who think lyrics distract from the skating may have something, there.

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I people want a nice, upbeat song, why not just use the boogie Woogie Bugle Boy song that is included in Candyman? I looked up the lyrics, and there is nothing objectionable in them.

Ah mah gawd I knoooow! If only! I love that sort of bebop music! Kailani Craine SP is a prime example of this type of music done right! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z2OTJIR3Pd4 Adorable and fun! :biggrin:

GrandmaCC

On the Ice
I people want a nice, upbeat song, why not just use the boogie Woogie Bugle Boy song that is included in Candyman? I looked up the lyrics, and there is nothing objectionable in them.

I would personally be a little worried about offending any skating fans with this song.
Correct me if I’m wrong - and seriously, I so hope I am!! But if Western culture and the level of “taking offence at everything” is anything to go by, the Japanese audiences, which let’s face it, are basically the biggest/most ardent supporters in the sport, might not like hearing a song that was used as a pro US song back in WW2.
(Thinking the V disks, movie appearances etc here).

It’s a song that, without having received assurance beforehand that I’d not be booed, I would not perform to in Japan.

Now the Candyman lyrics by contrast, they are mostly all inuendo (except for the panties and the...male bird...but they can be bleeped out). Cherry? Finely veiled, sure, but nothing *technically* explicit is said...an argument could always be made for listeners to keep their minds out of the gutter.

That’s not to say I wouldn’t prefer of-age skaters to perform to this song (or, you know, choose another...), but it’s really not the most explicit track in existence.
Maybe a sign that your choreography needs firing if they choose it, but that’s about it...