Favourite Program Endings/Ending Poses | Golden Skate

Favourite Program Endings/Ending Poses

BillNeal

You Know I'm a FS Fan...
Record Breaker
Every FS program has an ending pose to mark its conclusion. A great ending/ending pose that is in the character of the program, well-timed to the music, and sums the program up nicely, can create a lasting impression with the audience and judges. What are some of your favourite program endings/ending poses?

SPOILER ALERT!
-----------------
Here are some of mine:

Virtue/Moir -Carmen: A really unconventional ending to an unconventional interpretation of Carmen, complete with the drama and passion. This pose ranks up there with their signature rotational lift for me as one of the highlights of this program.

Savchenko/Massot - La Terre vue du ciel: A stunning, statuesque pose to conclude their masterpiece program (Pause the video at 5:49). Their ending poses for their last two LPs have been high art.

Cappelini/Lanotte - The Barber of Seville: I too love the thump Anna gives Luca during the fake ending when he's not facing the judges. A great comedic ending to a signature fun C/L program.

Weaver/Poje - Je Suis Malade: Love the build in this program, all the way to the final pose. I think this ending is even better than the 2012 one because of the choreographic rotational lift that further highlights the theme of the program.

Yuzuru Hanyu - Seimei: BOSS.

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Back in the day: Torvill & Dean, Bolero: Dying on the ice before skaters did it in imitation of them 85 gazillion times. Still gives me chills.

Now: Jason Brown, Hamilton. Click, BOOM! Makes me smile, every time.

musicfan80

Medalist
Here's my list to far:

Shen & Zhao: Pretty much every program they ever had after 2002.
Jeremy Abbott: Pretty much every program had an ending that stayed in character.
Joshua Farris: Schindler's List LP. I think every other program he had was with a too simple ending pose - but his Schindler's List ending was still in character. Something tells me that whatever Pines of Romes was would have been great as well. SIGH.
Sui/Han: Bridge Over Troubled Water LP
Savchenko/Massot: Amar LP's ending pose was just epic.
Virtue/Moir: Mahler No. 5 FD. Many others were great - but this ending pose was ALL THE FEELS.

Anni234

Ina Bauer
Record Breaker
Country
Estonia
Call me crazy, but I actually love the ending of Medvedeva's 9/11 program, where she picks up the phone and then slowly drops it :slink:

CreepyBug

Rinkside
For ending pose: V/M's Moulin Rouge and Yuzu's Seimei were the first two to came to mind.

For ending, I would also add Javi's guys and dolls. The last ten seconds of that program never fail to put a huge smile on my face.