Look Who I Saw, Front Row Center Ice for $9! | Golden Skate

Look Who I Saw, Front Row Center Ice for $9!

PullingForSasha

Rinkside
Country
United-States
Once again, videoing skaters is hard to do and it shows, but this way I'll never forget this evening. It was composed of mostly young kids, with her as the headliner. I REALLY ENJOYED the whole show, with the younglings and their families crazily cheering them on. There were a total of five shows over four days. Each show was packed with over 600 people. Check with your local rinks! Two weeks ago, in a very similar situation, I also saw Courtney Hicks, met her, and got an autograph. She is a long time FB friend. :)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P6Z6YYvqTEs&t=16s

zounger

Medalist
Once again, videoing skaters is hard to do and it shows, but this way I'll never forget this evening. It was composed of mostly young kids, with her as the headliner. I REALLY ENJOYED the whole show, with the younglings and their families crazily cheering them on. There were a total of five shows over four days. Each show was packed with over 600 people. Check with your local rinks! Two weeks ago, in a very similar situation, I also saw Courtney Hicks, met her, and got an autograph. She is a long time FB friend. :)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P6Z6YYvqTEs&t=16s

It's like a scene from an indie movie :) i like it. Congrats to Mariah for doing this :clap: .

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Did you buy your tickets way in advance? Sounds like they had good crowds. This is so cool that you got to see her! I posted something in her FF after I happened to see a Tweet saying she would be at the Skokie shows! I was sorry I had plans for the weekend so couldn't go. Last year, they had Mirai Nagasu as their featured guest. Last year Glacier Ice Arena had Shoma, Bradie, and up and coming skater Maxine Bautista as their featured skaters. These local shows are the greatest! Wonder whom they will have next year? I'm thinking maybe the Knierims?

ETA -- When I went to Glacier's show, besides the "stars", I enjoyed seeing skaters all the way from 4 year olds on up to adults. It was really fun!

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
That "Stand By Me" skate really fits Mariah's personality. Such lovely expressiveness. Thanks for posting!

PullingForSasha

Rinkside
Country
United-States
Did you buy your tickets way in advance? Sounds like they had good crowds. This is so cool that you got to see her! I posted something in her FF after I happened to see a Tweet saying she would be at the Skokie shows! I was sorry I had plans for the weekend so couldn't go. Last year, they had Mirai Nagasu as their featured guest. Last year Glacier Ice Arena had Shoma, Bradie, and up and coming skater Maxine Bautista as their featured skaters. These local shows are the greatest! Wonder whom they will have next year? I'm thinking maybe the Knierims?

ETA -- When I went to Glacier's show, besides the "stars", I enjoyed seeing skaters all the way from 4 year olds on up to adults. It was really fun!

Her Grandfather is a FaceBook friend of mine. I know people in high places! (not really LOL) He goes where she goes and left a post on my page on may 14th. If he didn't do that, I never would have known that it happened. So, I picked a day and called the Arena and booked it up. What a BLAST it was! Even the 5-year-olds who are wobbly on the ice were fun to watch. Some of the older ones looked so good that we never know where a couple of them might wind up. (Grand Prix circuit?) It has an innocent wholesomeness to it that is harder and harder to find these days.

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Her Grandfather is a FaceBook friend of mine. I know people in high places! (not really LOL) He goes where she goes and left a post on my page on may 14th. If he didn't do that, I never would have known that it happened. So, I picked a day and called the Arena and booked it up. What a BLAST it was! Even the 5-year-olds who are wobbly on the ice were fun to watch. Some of the older ones looked so good that we never know where a couple of them might wind up. (Grand Prix circuit?) It has an innocent wholesomeness to it that is harder and harder to find these days.

This sounds great! I'm going to make a note on my calendar for next year to check the Skokie Park Dist web site. That's two years in a row that I missed someone really good. I can't imagine that they pay them too much, but it seems like fun. Last year Shoma did both shows at Glacier for free, and at each show he skated his two EXs that he uses. It was pretty cool, and you're so close you can reach out and practically touch the skaters. Very fun...Thx for your post. I really enjoyed it! :thank: