2019-20 Season Predictions | Golden Skate

2019-20 Season Predictions

IceBallerina

On the Ice
While the 2018-2019 season hasn't even begun, I thought it would be fun to speculate ahead of time, since it will be an interesting season.

LADIES:
Alexandra Trusova, Alena Kostornaia, Anastasia Tarakanova, and other Eteri skaters will enter the senior circuit. This will be interesting to see, we shall see how Evgenia, Alina, and the others hold up this season to make better predictions.

I can think of a few other juniors entering seniors this season, who are you guys excited to see?

PAIRS:
If they choose to keep competing, Aljona Savchenko and Bruno Massot would return this season. They are taking off for the 2018-2019 season.
Sui Wenjing and Han Cong will surely be still among the top, preparing for Beijing. Evgenia Tarasova and Vladimir Morozov will also likely still be a top contender.

There was a total Russian sweep of the World Junior’s podium, and most of the will become seniors this season or the next.
Any other juniors to watch out for? Will the US have new talent in their weakest field of skating?

ICE DANCE:
Gabriella Papadakis and Guillaume Cizeron will still most likely being reigning champions. Maia Shibutani and Alex Shibutani will return this season. We will see how this upcoming season pans with Virtue/Moir gone and the Shibs.

Lots of promising talents from the US, Russia, and Canada in juniors. They may enter seniors this season or the 2019-2020 season. Anyone specific to keep our eye on?

MEN:
Oh man. This is a fun one. Almost too difficult to predict ahead, since it depends so much on this upcoming season.

Hanyu wishes to keep competing. Shoma and Nathen will still be near the top. Jin Boyang will be training hard for the upcoming Olympic cycle. Javier Fernandez may be retired. Vincent Zhou is a promising talent, hopefully he will grow in consistency this season and for the 2019-2020 season he will be a top contender. Mikhail Kolyada will likely still be competing.

Juniors has promising talent, and Eteri is training the boy’s hard. We will see how junior world’s next year pans out, and who enters seniors this year.

Dmitryfromsiberia

On the Ice
I can only make one prediction: the dominance of Russian ladies skaters at the young and senior level will continue.

icetug

Medalist
I can think of a few other juniors entering seniors this season, who are you guys excited to see?
There is a pretty nice group of my favourite juniors going up to seniors in the 2019-20 season :)
Men: Conrad Orzel and Camden Pulkinen
Ladies: Lucrezia Beccari - if she decides to go up, she will be 15 only
Dance: Marjorie Lajoie & Zachary Lagha - if I'm not mistaken and they will switch to seniors next season
Pairs: Polina Kostiukovich & Dmitrii Ialin.
Believe they easily survive their last junior season and make a powerful enter into the big game.

Dmitryfromsiberia

On the Ice
There is a pretty nice group of my favourite juniors going up to seniors in the 2019-20 season :)
Men: Conrad Orzel and Camden Pulkinen
Ladies: Lucrezia Beccari - if she decides to go up, she will be 15 only
Dance: Marjorie Lajoie & Zachary Lagha - if I'm not mistaken and they will switch to seniors next season
Pairs: Polina Kostiukovich & Dmitrii Ialin.
Believe they easily survive their last junior season and make a powerful enter into the big game.

Polina Kostiukovich & Dmitrii Ialin. I liked this pair more than anyone else in the JWC2018, Polina is a sweet girl.

tothepointe

On the Ice
I can only make one prediction: the dominance of Russian ladies skaters at the young and senior level will continue.

My prediction is funding for Russian figure skating will start to dry up. The Olympics didn't bring all that much prestige because of the OAR issue and figure skating isn't as popular in Russia as it might seem. When the money dries up the dominance will also.

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
Ladies:
Trusova, Shcherbakova, and Kostornaya battle it out while Tarakanova, Panenkova, Zagitova, Tsurskaya, etc. catch up a bit. Akatieva dominates over Samodelkina and Berestovskaya but they sweep podiums everywhere.

Pairs:
World champions Pavliuchenko/Khodykin :pray:

Osmond4gold

Record Breaker

Funny how some list juniors skaters as the next coming. These are skaters that most people are not familiar with. No disrespect, but as history has shown, the transition from skating small to the big leagues, does take a certain toll that many cannot overcome, unlike their junior days.

It will be interesting to see, who can make the adjustments.

BillNeal

You Know I'm a FS Fan...
Record Breaker
While the 2018-2019 season hasn't even begun, I thought it would be fun to speculate ahead of time, since it will be an interesting season.

Hey IceBallerina, welcome to GS! Post long, post often :)

My prediction, based on all the recent coaching changes, is that all ice dance teams will be moving to Montreal in preparation for 2020 :biggrin:

But seriously though, I hope Katelyn Osmond and Weaver/Poje (hoping that they stay until then) can get a World title at home.

I am hoping that my favourite junior dance team Shevchenko/Eremenko can make a splash in seniors. They are an innovative couple, with excellent musicality and have made a great breakthrough this season.

I want Lubov to find a new partner, and represent Canada again at home Worlds. It'd be great for Aliona and Bruno to come back, although highly unlikely, and bring us another masterpiece long program.

BillNeal

You Know I'm a FS Fan...
Record Breaker
Funny how some russian ubers, list their juniors skaters as the next coming. These are skaters that most people are not familiar with, nor would predict as being the next big thing. No disrespect, but as history has shown, the transition from skating small to the big leagues, does take a certain toll that many cannot overcome, unlike their junior days.

It will be interesting to see, who can make the adjustments!

Prediction: More skaters will leave Eteri by 2020 (oops i said it :scard7:)

Tulipstar

Medalist
Jin Boyang rises, as he gains PCS and consistency.
I really hope Anna Shcherbakova will be healthy. The Russian juniors make a splash, but one out of Meds or Zagitova gets a worlds spot still.
The Americans and Chinese are still struggling in ladies, but are on their way to build a stronger team for the Olympics.
Kostner retires.
Stephen Gogolev wins junior worlds.

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
Funny how some list juniors skaters as the next coming. These are skaters that most people are not familiar with. No disrespect, but as history has shown, the transition from skating small to the big leagues, does take a certain toll that many cannot overcome, unlike their junior days.

It will be interesting to see, who can make the adjustments.

Well anyone who isn't watching is missing out on a lot of incredible talents, both technically and artistically. I'm more excited about Akatieva-Samodelkina-Berestovskaya faceoffs than I am about most GPs because they're all so technically good and artistically strong, for example. Samodelkina has one of my favorite free programs from this past season out of anyone. And there's all the juniors too, such as Tarakanova with her passion and incredible skating skills. Not everyone should have to be like shayuki and me and get excited about Melkumova or Dzepka :)cry:) but still, there's so much too miss out on if you only watch seniors.

*Rant over :biggrin:*

Osmond4gold

Record Breaker

So you have mentioned several times in the past 24 hours on this and other Threads, Dmitryfromsiberia. Lets not forget the field is wide open also.

TeamTCC

Rinkside
I would say my dream team for Worlds 2019 is Medvdedeva-Zagitova-Tsurskaya or Sotskova