Crazy predictions thread 2018-19 | Page 18 | Golden Skate

Crazy predictions thread 2018-19

GretchenG

Rinkside
Sadly, Alyssa Liu won't compete internationally as a junior until the 2019/2020 season. She just turned 13 this month. I can't wait, though.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Osmond, though she has said she won't compete at all this year, decides after Nationals that she really wants to compete... skate canada gives her a berth for worlds as reigning world champion and she wins :) (this is just wishful thinking after she has announced she won't compete at all this year ... sigh)

BillNeal

You Know I'm a FS Fan...
Record Breaker
29. At Worlds, Kostner comes back from fourth place in the SP to win the WGM by one point, performing a 7-triple FS with 2 3Lz’s and StSq4 with +5GOEs across the board, becoming the oldest ladies champion. KO announces her comeback the next day. GS Worlds Ladies thread becomes 1000 pages long.

Bluediamonds09

Medalist
The 2019 worlds podium becomes the most unpredictable in 30 years, bringing one of the biggest shockers in recent skating history. No one sees this coming at all. Everyone is left speechless. With this occurrence, many retirees announce their return.

Ice dance podium: 1. chock/ Bates with a new outlook and a high level of sophistication and improvements that was learned practically overnight 2. Papadakis/Cizeron 3. Sinitsina/Katsalapov, with the latter doing excellent twizzles.

Also,
Julie Froescher learns a quad salchow and moves to a higher junior worlds standing— and a higher level coach; Leona Hendrickx keeps improving and winds up top 5; Deniss Vasiljevs becomes a renowned artist, earning high PCS; new Canadian pairs teams battle it out in the most unexpected ways, considering the off season outlook.

I can’t wait!!!!

cleo2070

Final Flight
All GS members who previously complained about POTO wake up one morning to realize they can't wait to see all the POTO programs this season in competition.

Similarly, every time a new warhorse program is announced (e.g. I Put a Spell on You), everybody here is ecstatic and greets the news with applause.

libecha

Rinkside
Inspired by the resounding success of its new scoring system, the ISU decides to expand its mandate. It declares that all records set in gymnastics and diving prior to June 2018 are now historical, and that a goal in soccer is now worth either 1 or 2 points depending on the mood of the referee and each half is now 37 minutes long.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I’m starting to suspect we might see Caro and Liza on the WC podium together 🤔

@CaroLiza_fan

BillNeal

You Know I'm a FS Fan...
Record Breaker
30. 3 weeks after Klimov announces the end of his pairs partnership, Stolbova and Bilodeau decide to team up to represent Canada. The shocking nature of the off-season extends into the actual season. Despite seemingly opposite personalities and styles, they are both very competitive people and their coaches, Josée Picard and Robin Szolkowy see the potential for a very dynamic pair. They're the most talked about pair come Nationals and their FS, an Aretha Franklin tribute, brings the audience to tears. The magic of this partnership uplifts worldwide interest in the depleted post-Olympic field.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
30. 3 weeks after Klimov announces the end of his pairs partnership, Stolbova and Bilodeau decide to team up to represent Canada. The shocking nature of the off-season extends into the actual season. Despite seemingly opposite personalities and styles, they are both very competitive people and their coaches, Josée Picard and Robin Szolkowy see the potential for a very dynamic pair. They're the most talked about pair come Nationals and their FS, an Aretha Franklin tribute, brings the audience to tears. The magic of this partnership uplifts worldwide interest in the depleted post-Olympic field.

has it been 3 weeks yet?

with everything that has happened this off-season... i am happy to welcome the new season with a clean and refreshed state of mind..

enough with the crazies you skaters !!!

BillNeal

You Know I'm a FS Fan...
Record Breaker
Is it just me or was the off-season actually crazier than the on-season has been so far :shocked:? Did anyone predict this?

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
I want to make my prediction for 2019-20: Yururu Hanyu skates his long program to Tango de Roxanne and a certain Hanyu fan on the board hunts me down and makes me listen to POTO on repeat for 2 straight days.

moriel

Record Breaker
I want to make my prediction for 2019-20: Yururu Hanyu skates his long program to Tango de Roxanne and a certain Hanyu fan on the board hunts me down and makes me listen to POTO on repeat for 2 straight days.

i recall someone owns us that so...

BillNeal

You Know I'm a FS Fan...
Record Breaker

Hanyu does double duty and skates the Broadway Rhythm Dance to Tango de Roxanne and the Point of No Return.

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
Hanyu does double duty and skates the Broadway Rhythm Dance to Tango de Roxanne and the Point of No Return.

Or maybe.. Yuzuru Hanyu decides to do my brilliant choreographically idea for a La La Land program: 1:45 of La La Land-dramatic needle scratch- Moonlight Original soundtrack kicks in. It's so meta and inter textual that I really feel he could do justice to it.