Crazy predictions thread 2018-19 | Page 11 | Golden Skate

Crazy predictions thread 2018-19

Tanager

On the Ice
after arriving to Canada, Zhenya talks a lot with Lubov, finding out how how great life has been for her since moving, ... and she just falls in love with the country and the bagged milk.... She declares, When I skate at TCC, i imagine that someone took the bagged milk and froze it... and i just now glide on that ice made of milk, just as smoothly as Patrick Chan... thank you Canada !!!!

she decides to sit out the season and come back next year to compete in Montreal Worlds, as a .... brand new Canadian..... She switches her name to Genie, to compete for social media attention with Genie Bouchard :) ... at Montreal worlds, Canadians sweep the podium with Gabby for GOLD! Medvedeva wins silver and Kaetlyn who struggled on her new 3a combo wins bronze ! Canadian Sweep !:) People around the world, especially in Russia are outraged that Kaetlyn did not win, especially because she became the first Canadian woman to land a 3a... in the SP and had a huge lead... they say that Gabby and Genie only passed her because she made mistakes.... in their heart Kaetlyn is still the best thing ever...and the others will have * besides their names in the records books (NOT! LOL)

Oh I love getting silly! And I love this! Yet, I think you're forgetting that Zhenya/Genie, Gabby and Kaetlyn would have to first duke it out at 2019 Canadian Nationals, with all three determined well in advance to prove they are the Ultimate Canadian Figure Skater

Gabby will turn to a Canadian legend as inspiration - Elvis - and secretly master all the martial arts in her spare time. At nationals, she will skate to Dragon: The Bruce Lee Story and will begin her program by judo chopping a massive cinder block at centre ice before doing a series of round-house kicks into a MASSIVE 4t-3t combination that covers an entire 3/4 of the ice. The judges are utterly astonished!

Kaetlyn will go to her Newfoundland roots, skating to Come From Away. During the mid-program lull she will invite the judges to become honorary citizens of Newfoundland by having a shot of the screech (aka terrible rum) and a kiss of the codfish that she's been hiding behind her back the entire first half of the program. As the music builds again, she will then do three turns into the most beautiful 4loop ever landed. The judges are utterly charmed!

Zhenya/Genie will skate to centre ice to begin her program. Before the music can even start, she'll chug an entire bag of milk. She'll skate to The Log Drivers Waltz, complete with actual logs strewn authentically across the ice. She'll land a +6 GOE 3axel (it's so good they had to add an extra +1) while throwing Tim Bits into the crowd. The judges are utterly amazed!

It is declared a three-way tie for national champion! When the international skating community catches sight of their programs, they decide to cancel 2019 Worlds and just declare all three as the joint 2019 World Champions. The entire country of Canada shuts down for three weeks in delirious happiness and the three ladies take their show on the road for a sold-out tour first throughout Canada and then through all of the world. Bagged milk, the Province of Newfoundland, and a corporation that makes cinder blocks are the major sponsors. :rock:

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
and meanwhile, Alaine Chartrand finishes fourth, landing a fully rotated 4lutz-3t combo.... oupsies

LucyH

On the Ice
Oh I love getting silly! And I love this! Yet, I think you're forgetting that Zhenya/Genie, Gabby and Kaetlyn would have to first duke it out at 2019 Canadian Nationals, with all three determined well in advance to prove they are the Ultimate Canadian Figure Skater

Gabby will turn to a Canadian legend as inspiration - Elvis - and secretly master all the martial arts in her spare time. At nationals, she will skate to Dragon: The Bruce Lee Story and will begin her program by judo chopping a massive cinder block at centre ice before doing a series of round-house kicks into a MASSIVE 4t-3t combination that covers an entire 3/4 of the ice. The judges are utterly astonished!

Kaetlyn will go to her Newfoundland roots, skating to Come From Away. During the mid-program lull she will invite the judges to become honorary citizens of Newfoundland by having a shot of the screech (aka terrible rum) and a kiss of the codfish that she's been hiding behind her back the entire first half of the program. As the music builds again, she will then do three turns into the most beautiful 4loop ever landed. The judges are utterly charmed!

Zhenya/Genie will skate to centre ice to begin her program. Before the music can even start, she'll chug an entire bag of milk. She'll skate to The Log Drivers Waltz, complete with actual logs strewn authentically across the ice. She'll land a +6 GOE 3axel (it's so good they had to add an extra +1) while throwing Tim Bits into the crowd. The judges are utterly amazed!

It is declared a three-way tie for national champion! When the international skating community catches sight of their programs, they decide to cancel 2019 Worlds and just declare all three as the joint 2019 World Champions. The entire country of Canada shuts down for three weeks in delirious happiness and the three ladies take their show on the road for a sold-out tour first throughout Canada and then through all of the world. Bagged milk, the Province of Newfoundland, and a corporation that makes cinder blocks are the major sponsors. :rock:

OMG I almost spit out my tea reading this...

TeamTCC

Rinkside

Lmao I can't with this :laugh2:

BillNeal

You Know I'm a FS Fan...
Record Breaker
Okay, so this week is coming to an end with the main FS highlights being the Cup of China cancellation and Medvedeva's arrival to Canada. What is in store this week? Will we get a big comeback announcement, a country switch, a surprise partner switch, a blurry farshot of the 4A being landed, a marriage proposal or ... no :drama: at all?

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Okay, so this week is coming to an end with the main FS highlights being the Cup of China cancellation and Medvedeva's arrival to Canada. What is in store this week? Will we get a big comeback announcement, a country switch, a surprise partner switch, a blurry farshot of the 4A being landed, a marriage proposal or ... no :drama: at all?

do not forget the japan open 'partial announcement"... which is leading to a lot of banter ;)

i predict that the first man to land the 4a will be keegan messing

NanaPat

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
In an unexpected turn of events, both Patrick Chan and Kaetlyn Osmond accept invitations to the Japan Open, which we know is the same time as the "Thank You Canada" tour stop in Kelowna. Enraged gangs of geriatric figure skating fans riot in both Kelowna and Penticton. They destroy the apple-shaped concession stand in Kelowna and the peach-shaped one in Penticton. Local politicians are outraged.

Rare photos of the concession stands before the destruction:

https://www.okanaganvacationguide.com/gyro-park.html

http://www.penticton.ca/EN/main/community/photo-galleries/city-of-penticton-parks/the-peach.html

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
In an unexpected turn of events, both Patrick Chan and Kaetlyn Osmond accept invitations to the Japan Open, which we know is the same time as the "Thank You Canada" tour stop in Kelowna. Enraged gangs of geriatric figure skating fans riot in both Kelowna and Penticton. They destroy the apple-shaped concession stand in Kelowna and the peach-shaped one in Penticton. Local politicians are outraged.

http://www.penticton.ca/EN/main/community/photo-galleries/city-of-penticton-parks/the-peach.html

the organizers of Japan Open have no choice to uninvite Bradie. as they had just signed Gabby... which leads to riots at Cosley Zoo which is near Bradie's hometown in Illinois. Geriatric fans release all the animals, including the cougars.... SarahSynchro takes her bow and arrows and hunts for the cougars : she says, there must be only one cougar on this side of the Atlantic and that's me!

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
do not forget the japan open 'partial announcement"... which is leading to a lot of banter ;)

i predict that the first man to land the 4a will be keegan messing

But only because Yuzu extras himself into a 5A by accident...

Actually, I am beginning to think the craziest prediction would be Brian Orser finishes the season with any hair left at all.

synteis

Medalist
Instead of hardcore repping countries and getting into fights about other countries skaters, GS aligns itself entirely based on houses with vicious fights between Hufflepuff and Gryffindor in particular. The Slytherin 2018-2019 thread reaches 300 pages in an month on the off season.

Go Ravenclaw, go!!:hap36:

Tanager

On the Ice

the organizers of Japan Open have no choice to uninvite Bradie. as they had just signed Gabby... which leads to riots at Cosley Zoo which is near Bradie's hometown in Illinois. Geriatric fans release all the animals, including the cougars.... SarahSynchro takes her bow and arrows and hunts for the cougars : she says, there must be only one cougar on this side of the Atlantic and that's me!

Not the first time geriatric fans have rioted, apparently. The Beaverton (a most reliable source) covered the notorious geriatric riots of 2015 after a cancelled Stuart McLean show: "After the venue announced that Mclean was unable to make the show due to a flight delay, many ticked off, grey-haired, story-lovers congregated around the public library where canes and walkers were intentionally thrown at windows and public property."

Harrowing stuff. I would hate to see the figure skating fandom go down such a gently violent path. Stick to the Thank You tour, Patrick and Kaetlyn!!!

BillNeal

You Know I'm a FS Fan...
Record Breaker
Bumping up this fun thread because some of those on the first page of The Edge is making my head hurt :drama::

25. The team SSF (Skaters of Small Federations) are formed for the World Team Trophy consisting of skaters from six countries: Hendrickx, Tursynbayeva, Vasiljevs, Yee, Ryom/Kim, Kaliszek/Spodyriev. They manage to win the trophy, beating the almighty and powerful big feds of Canada, USA, Russia, and Japan :eek:;).

TGee

Record Breaker
Bumping up this fun thread because some of those on the first page of The Edge is making my head hurt :drama::

25. The team SSF (Skaters of Small Federations) are formed for the World Team Trophy consisting of skaters from six countries: Hendrickx, Tursynbayeva, Vasiljevs, Yee, Ryom/Kim, Kaliszek/Spodyriev. They manage to win the trophy, beating the almighty and powerful big feds of Canada, USA, Russia, and Japan :eek:;).
I like this!

The UN has a SIS (small island country) suborganization that is global, recognizing their unique challenges.

Prediction:

ISU establishes the SSF (small skating federations) suborganization dedicated to promoting figure skating and speed skating in countries where these are developing sports.

And I agree, more joy and less angst is welcome...[emoji253]

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Someone skates to this versions of Roxanne in the SP and this version of The Show Must Go On in the free....and kicks engine!

PLEASE!!!!

I cannot stand the tango version of "Roxanne". The original version (i.e. this one) is FAR better.

As for the other song, Queen is my favourite band of all time. HOWEVER, I always have mixed feelings about Queen songs being used in figure skating, because the editing rarely does the songs justice.

CaroLiza_fan

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
I like this!

The UN has a SIS (small island country) suborganization that is global, recognizing their unique challenges.

Prediction:

ISU establishes the SSF (small skating federations) suborganization dedicated to promoting figure skating and speed skating in countries where these are developing sports.

And I agree, more joy and less angst is welcome...[emoji253]

I rather like this one, except for the inclusion of speed skating. Keep them separate please.

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
My sentiment exactly, but I accept the reality that ISU governs both.

Haha...I know. But we could be crazy, right? It frustrates me no end that the Dutch are good and big in speed skating and just terrible in figure skating (as well as small, but that's a logical consequence) and that the speeders get to decide on things. Aargh!