Crazy predictions thread 2018-19 | Page 10 | Golden Skate

Crazy predictions thread 2018-19

synteis

Medalist
The small federations join together to have a coup against the ISU. Laekernik is toppled. An age maximum is introduced for ISU members. Music is uploaded onto the cloud with USBs as backups. A separate adult skating ISU is created by the former ISU members. Only live music is allowed with gramophones as backups.

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
am i the only one who read this as goldenskate :laugh:

I did :eek::
New one: Zagitova is spurred on my Medvedeva’s coaching change and at Russian Nationals fires off her 3Lz-3Lo-3Lo-3Lo-3Lo. ISU is impressed and names her president of the ISU. Actual positive changes occur under Zagitova’s presidency.

russianfan

Match Penalty
I did :eek::
New one: Zagitova is spurred on my Medvedeva’s coaching change and at Russian Nationals fires off her 3Lz-3Lo-3Lo-3Lo-3Lo. ISU is impressed and names her president of the ISU. Actual positive changes occur under Zagitova’s presidency.

If she would be named a president of something each time she fires off her 3Lz-3Lo-3Lo-3Lo-3Lo, she would be a president of the universe long time ago.

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I thought of it when writing on the Yuzu thread...

Yuzuru will give us a while brand new SP program and all new music...!

By Chopin.

rikaquegira

On the Ice
Back to crazy.

Now... Neither Medvedeva nor Zagitova win Worlds 2019.:eeking:

That is not that crazy cause, you know, figure skating, drama, anything can happen, everything can go wrong... :slink:
A crazy prediction would be: Satoko wins 2019 WC! That would be insane because these new rules were made for her retirement. :laugh:
Another crazy prediction: Liza Tuktamysheva comes back with 3A, perfect Lutz, beautiful programs with normal costumes and win everything. :laugh:

BillNeal

You Know I'm a FS Fan...
Record Breaker
Twisted Thursday predictions:

22. Eteri lashes out at Orser in the media again, after Medvedeva edges out Zagitova at the GPF. Orser hires two bodyguards to accompany him and Medvedeva at Russian Nationals: Hanyu and Fernandez.

23. USFSI (U.S. Figure Skating Intelligence) discovers the true reason behind China cancelling all of its ISU events for the season. They are indeed renovating some facilities but it is a cover-up for another operation: the construction of top secret facilities to develop new figure skating elements, in hopes of dominating all five FS events at Beijing OG. The 'Ice War' begins.

Crabe 93

Spectator
Yuzuru Hanyu chose to skate SP on a Japanese rock song, but after Autumn classic and first GP, he finds that the program doesn't work very well, so he decides to take Chopin again, and this way finally manages to land 4Lz3T at NHK. His costume has now a completely golden collar. His FS music is R&J3, this time on the music from Abel Korzeniowski. He wins GPF again, but finishes only second at Worlds behind his teammate Boyang Jin. Driven by the desire of revenge, he lands the first "official" 4A at the exhibition gala. Orser is afraid he might try quintuples.
Medvedeva, as she now has a free choice of music, skates her FS on the music from YURI ON ICE. Since she is a huge fan of Hanyu, she decides to have Chopin's ballade for the SP as a tribute. But the judges don't really like her programs and she finishes at a really disappointing 7th place at worlds. Rika Kihira unexpectedely win worlds with two 3A and +5 GOES, beating Zagitova who begs Trusova to help her learn 4Lo4Lo.
Speaking of Tusova, she wins every competition of the season, gradually putting more different quads in her programs, but, at everyone's surprise, is beaten by Shcherbakova at Junior Worlds. Shcherbakova does a program filled with 3A & quads + 5Goe and gets tremendous PCS, earning the best score of the season, even better than senior men.

iorii

On the Ice
1) Yuzuru makes another ice show. He descends from the ceiling with this galaxy costume and announces he's now the leader of the Japanese group EXILE because he rocks questionable outfits. Javi is the manager of the group.

2) ISU announces Cup of Shoma. A gaming tournament.

Bluediamonds09

Medalist
GPF ladies:

1) Sakamoto (with a stunning new maturity and music)
2) Medvedeva (with long lines and sasha cohen being used for inspiration)
3) Leona Hendrickx (as a breakout star)
4) Ensoo Lin (south Korea’s new star)
5) Laurine Lecavelier (finding consistency and confidence she had at 2017 Europeans)
6) Amber Glenn (finally finding her greatness)

So six different countries at the Final for the ladies: FRANCE, BELGIUM, USA, SOUTH KOREA RUSSIA, JAPAN

Yeah right. In my wildest dreams this’ll happen.

Tanager

On the Ice
The small federations join together to have a coup against the ISU. Laekernik is toppled. An age maximum is introduced for ISU members. Music is uploaded onto the cloud with USBs as backups. A separate adult skating ISU is created by the former ISU members. Only live music is allowed with gramophones as backups.

I like the idea of the small feds staging a coup. But I think they should rise up and overthrow the big feds, banning them from all ISU events. Iceland, Paraguay, Micronesia and somehow Antarctica could rise to become the new darlings of the skating world, vastly growing the sport in popularity among people and penguins alike.

The big feds would of course try to organise a protest but would ultimately just end up getting bogged down in politicking, bribes and various scandals with one another. Eventually, they wouldn't even remember what it was they were supposed to be protesting. They would keep politicking with each other anyway, out of sheer habit.

Harriet

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Well, if we're going crazy with regard to who wins...

...in a shocking and entirely unforeseen turn of events, every medal at every ISU event/championship from JGP on upwards is somehow won by a skater from a small federation. Chaos ensues. Canada chucks a tanty and refuses to host the Grand Prix Final because they can't sell enough tickets, and the event has to relocate to Korea on even shorter notice than the Cup of China did (Korea: official MVP of the season!). The big federations go into lockdown to try to figure out why their models suddenly stopped working and what they can do to make sure this never happens again. The small fed skaters, meanwhile, just stand around bemused and enjoying the unexpected good fortune and prize money, at least until their federations start loading completely unrealistic expectations of continued world domination on them. The ISU throws up its hands and doesn't even try to respond, announcing that just because the new judging rules produce unexpected winners it doesn't mean they're wrong*. Off the ice, skaters like Sarah Meier and Brian Joubert look on with quiet amusement. Worlds is the splatfest to end all splatfests, even in Ice Dance.

When things go back to normal in the 20-21 season, one way or another, everyone's relieved.

*It's not the new judging rules. It's just Lady Luck throwing a few extra blessings Javi's way. But delivery got delayed, and then there were the mistaken addresses...look, nobody ever claimed she's organised...

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
after arriving to Canada, Zhenya talks a lot with Lubov, finding out how great life has been for her since moving, ... and she just falls in love with the country and the bagged milk.... She declares, When I skate at TCC, i imagine that someone took the bagged milk and froze it... and i just now glide on that ice made of milk, just as smoothly as Patrick Chan... thank you Canada !!!!

she decides to sit out the season and come back next year to compete in Montreal Worlds, as a .... brand new Canadian..... She switches her name to Genie, to compete for social media attention with Genie Bouchard :) ... at Montreal worlds, Canadians sweep the podium with Gabby for GOLD! Medvedeva wins silver and Kaetlyn who struggled on her new 3a combo wins bronze ! Canadian Sweep !:) People around the world, especially in Russia are outraged that Kaetlyn did not win, especially because she became the first Canadian woman to land a 3a... in the SP and had a huge lead... they say that Gabby and Genie only passed her because she made mistakes.... in their heart Kaetlyn is still the best thing ever...and the others will have * besides their names in the records books (NOT! LOL)

BillNeal

You Know I'm a FS Fan...
Record Breaker
24. 'E.M.: From Russia with Love' premiers right after the World Championships on CBC. The new reality show begins on a seemingly quiet May day, when Medvedeva gives a bombshell statement that she will be leaving Eteri for Orser. It chronicles Evgenia and her mother's preparation to arrange for their residence in Canada, Evgenia getting on the plane, temporarily saying goodbye to her motherland, and landing at Pearson to a foreign landscape.

Despite some dramatic competition moments throughout the series, including some Orser and Eteri staredowns, the show is a lighthearted feature chronicling Evgenia's Canadian adventures, including her first time going up the CN Tower, her lesson on how maple sap is harvested into syrup, and her cross-country tour of seeing the giant goose, lobster, and dinosaur statues. Each episode ends with Evgenia having a round of bagged milk with her new friends Jason and Boyang :).