Crazy predictions thread 2018-19 | Page 12 | Golden Skate

Crazy predictions thread 2018-19

TGee

Record Breaker
Haha...I know. But we could be crazy, right? It frustrates me no end that the Dutch are good and big in speed skating and just terrible in figure skating (as well as small, but that's a logical consequence) and that the speeders get to decide on things. Aargh!
Hhmmm,

Maybe we can envisage an ISU SSF (small skating federation suborg) in which countries can only participate in the events and governance for the sport in which they are "small" ...

The Dutch and Belgians, not being able to resist being in power in any ISU org, will leap into the fray to attempt to dominate the figure skating side of the SSF. Even if this means that they have to support their skater's participation in SFS figure skating events!

The French are faced with a quandary. Are they a big federation or a small one?

Didier Gailhauget, seeing his main chance to be president of something in the ISU, attempts to steer France into the SSF. The dignity of the Republic is at risk, so French skaters, coaches, judges and fans rise up as one to "invite Didier to retire."

Didier accepts the inevitable and withdraws from his position in the French federation.

In a major public ceremony and media event, Didier is thanked with the presentation of a paper maché trophy in the shape of a figure skate.

It is filled with inferior quality champagne and dissolves before the eyes of the crowd.

BillNeal

You Know I'm a FS Fan...
Record Breaker
Didier Gailhauget, seeing his main chance to be president of something in the ISU, attempts to steer France into the SSF. The dignity of the Republic is at risk, so French skaters, coaches, judges and fans rise up as one to "invite Didier to retire."

Didier accepts the inevitable and withdraws from his position in the French federation.

In a major public ceremony and media event, Didier is thanked with the presentation of a paper maché trophy in the shape of a figure skate.

It is filled with inferior quality champagne and dissolves before the eyes of the crowd.

"I'm Melting!"

(sorry couldn't resist ;))

Mango

Royal Chinet 👑🍽️
Record Breaker
Hhmmm,

Maybe we can envisage an ISU SSF (small skating federation suborg) in which countries can only participate in the events and governance for the sport in which they are "small" ...

The Dutch and Belgians, not being able to resist being in power in any ISU org, will leap into the fray to attempt to dominate the figure skating side of the SSF. Even if this means that they have to support their skater's participation in SFS figure skating events!

The French are faced with a quandary. Are they a big federation or a small one?

You know it's a crazy predictions thread when Didier and retirement are notions entertained together. :biggrin: Though papier maché is generous and requires some effort. I'd say he's earned at least a dollar store trophy. ;)

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
China, Canda, US, JAPAN, KOREA and all other federations decide to create a NEW international figure skating union called NIF.

Utilise with latest sportech technologies such as blockchain for maximum accountability and transparency. Including chipping the skates, the ice, the rink, and torso of costumes, measure height, speed, coverage, jumping trajectory. That can actually work out pre-rotation and under rotation based on the direction of the skate. Camera technologies that are actually up to date and start to broadcast events in 3D sponsored by Samsung and Sony in a joint venture. Create multiple commentary channels, which user can tune in and out to their preference. Some people love Tara and Johnny can tune in their channel, some people love Dave Lease, or Jacky Wong, or a social community like GS or Oh No they didn't, can in turn tune on their channel or just watch text scroll by.

NIF offers better prize money, better viewing experience, better accountability, better athlete's right representation. All judges are independent of federations and will be paid according to meritocracy. They are required to take exams every year, and only the top 10% judges get to judge at elite events, selected randomly. Any cheating, biases are to be peer-reviewed carefully, critically and punished accordingly. Athlete's welfare should be prioritised above federation welfare... especially all federations are clearly not equal in this so-called 'international' federation.

Osmond4gold

Record Breaker
Not the first time geriatric fans have rioted, apparently. The Beaverton (a most reliable source) covered the notorious geriatric riots of 2015 after a cancelled Stuart McLean show: "After the venue announced that Mclean was unable to make the show due to a flight delay, many ticked off, grey-haired, story-lovers congregated around the public library where canes and walkers were intentionally thrown at windows and public property."

Harrowing stuff. I would hate to see the figure skating fandom go down such a gently violent path. Stick to the Thank You tour, Patrick and Kaetlyn!!!

God bless those brave Beavertoners, those never surrender Seniors are the stuff of legends! May the 'Free Nana and Poppy' movement, never die.

TGee

Record Breaker
You know it's a crazy predictions thread when Didier and retirement are notions entertained together. [emoji3] Though papier maché is generous and requires some effort. I'd say he's earned at least a dollar store trophy. ;)
Let's say that the papier maché trophy is the creation of primary grade learn-to-skate participants who aren't yet old enough to resent Didier.

And it looks like it.

Bluediamonds09

Medalist
*Rule for +5 and -5 GOE is abolished after the GPF due to favoritism in judging.
*Loena Hendrickx is invited to Japan Open.
*New rule that 4 from one country can represent at Worlds, 4CC, and Europeans.
*New ice dance team from Spain emerges out of nowhere with original and inventive choreography and makes the Final. With their success, Javier believes that Spain could be a powerhouse skating country and decides to help train young skaters. We all witness the rise of a little miss Shakira on ice and an Enrique Eglesias with charm and good spins.
*Angela Wang gets tired of not medaling at her nationals and goes to train with a Russian coach who gives her all the tools needed to skate consistently ever after.

WestVirginia130

Rinkside
In response to the ruling over Chinese judges' bias and ensuing discussions over uncalled bias elsewhere, the ISU institutes a new rule proclaiming that henceforth all judging at ISU events will be carried out by Swiss volunteers. Due to their country's vow of neutrality, they are viewed as the only logical reaction to quell growing unrest within the skating community.

Unrelatedly, Stephane Walker emerges from figure skating obscurity to win consecutively two GP events, the GPF, Worlds, Europeans, and--despite not competing--4CC.

baumstumpf

Spectator
In response to the ruling over Chinese judges' bias and ensuing discussions over uncalled bias elsewhere, the ISU institutes a new rule proclaiming that henceforth all judging at ISU events will be carried out by Swiss volunteers. Due to their country's vow of neutrality, they are viewed as the only logical reaction to quell growing unrest within the skating community.

Unrelatedly, Stephane Walker emerges from figure skating obscurity to win consecutively two GP events, the GPF, Worlds, Europeans, and--despite not competing--4CC.

Are you sure Stephane will compete in the singles next year? I thought he was searching for a ice dance partner, I could be wrong though...

j00mla

Made in USSR
Final Flight
Omg [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] I wonder if Eteri reads GS cause she’s certainly active on Instagram, she would be outraged at such a thought [emoji23] I love this

She even doesn't have an IG account, Diana says.

IndiaP12

iliabot wakabot gumennikbot team korea stan
Final Flight
Country
New-Zealand
She even doesn't have an IG account, Diana says.

Really? Then what’s @eteritutberidze (search it up on IG) maybe she doesn’t know about it [emoji57][emoji848]

j00mla

Made in USSR
Final Flight
Really? Then what’s @eteritutberidze (search it up on IG) maybe she doesn’t know about it [emoji57][emoji848]

6 weeks ago I asked Diana about that account , she answered "It's a fake". Then in that account's comment I asked why Diana writes that her mom doesn't have IG account I was banned there immediately. So it's a fake I'm 100% sure.

IndiaP12

iliabot wakabot gumennikbot team korea stan
Final Flight
Country
New-Zealand
6 weeks ago I asked Diana about that account , she answered "It's a fake". Then in that account's comment I asked why Diana writes that her mom doesn't have IG account I was banned there immediately. So it's a fake I'm 100% sure.

Hmm that’s interesting

Eclair

Medalist
my crazy predictions:

- Matteo rizzo wins a gp medal

- Viveca lindfors gets a small medal at europeans.

- knierims trained by alyona win skate America, but the pair team Megan duhamel trains wins over them at nationals and goes to worlds.

- Javier Fernandez coaches boyang at tcc. he sits with Brian and boyang in the kiss&cry.

- Hanyu lands a quad Axel.

- nobunari Oda feels inspired by daisuke and decides to come back, too.

TT_Fin

The second worst besserwisser in the world
Record Breaker
Country
Finland
Elena Radionova moves to represent Belgium to get spots in Europeans and worlds (This year this is too late?)
Loena wins all, GPF, Europeans and Worlds and more Russians decide move to Belgium
Carolina will turn to Ice Dance - I leave her pair speculations to some of you.
Brezina has season of his life and skates only clean programs after another (that is not really crazy, this is my wish)