Crazy predictions thread 2018-19 | Page 13 | Golden Skate

Crazy predictions thread 2018-19

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
Jason Brown and Evgenia Medvedeva team up to compete in both pairs and ice dance. Elena Buyanova is their new coach, and they decide to represent Kyrgyzstan (which is indeed an ISU member). In their first season together, they compete at senior B and win in both disciplines and then are invited to two more GP assignments, which they also win in both pairs and dance. They are the first team to win the GPF and Worlds in two different disciplines in the same year. Eteri is so upset that her former student has more success in ice dance than her daughter that she decides to start coaching pairs and pairs Erokhov and Trusova together. Both also skate individual events, and Eteri sweeps the JWC podium with Egor Rukhin in men, Trusova in ladies, Trusova / Erokhov in pairs, and Davis / Varlamov in ice dance. Erokhov also wins senior worlds and Panenkova wins the ladies at worlds. Eteri is furious that she doesn't sweep the senior worlds podiums and offers to pay Medvedeva / Brown 10 million dollars a year to skate under her name. They agree on the condition that they can continue to train with Buyanova and have both of their names on the ISU bio, implying that she is a better coach. Eteri is furious that anyone would dare to think that she's not the best coach, but agrees so that she can sweep all of the podiums at both junior and senior worlds.

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
with the summer we have had... this thread needs to go even crazier ;)

Well, I had a really crazy story all lined up for this thread, but it turned out to be largely an alternative way of looking at what happened last season, with a small prediction of what would happen in the off-season. And since we are now well into the off-season, the content is now very dated. Especially since this season's GP assignments are now out, and we consequently know that some of the rumours that were influencing the end of the story were actually complete rubbish.

Although, now that I think of it, I could take what I had already written and turn it into an (albeit very long) introduction to a new storyline about this coming season.

Right. I'll have to check if the new season's assignments will make it easy to tie in.

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Hey, I was just checking the Senior GP assignments, and realised that the Cup Of China replacement isn't in Korea after all.

It is in Finland. :jaw:

Now THAT would have been a REALLY crazy prediction just a few days ago!

CaroLiza_fan

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Larkyn Austman indeed wins Canadian Nationals, her renewed confidence in her jumps combined with her personal flair charm the judges at Worlds where she upsets Kaetlyn Osmond by finishing first. Kaetlyn, though skating flawlessly ends up second and Gabby third. After a Canadian sweep, the ISU decides that the maximum athletes for worlds and Olympics will be 2.

The forum explodes.

BillNeal

You Know I'm a FS Fan...
Record Breaker
Larkyn Austman indeed wins Canadian Nationals, her renewed confidence in her jumps combined with her personal flair charm the judges at Worlds where she upsets Kaetlyn Osmond by finishing first. Kaetlyn, though skating flawlessly ends up second and Gabby third. After a Canadian sweep, the ISU decides that the maximum athletes for worlds and Olympics will be 2.

The forum explodes.

And to bypass this limitation, Kaetlyn and Gabby decide to compete in pairs, thus entertaining the possibility of having Austman, Chartrand, Osmond, and Daleman all make it to home Worlds the following season.

Osmond4gold

Record Breaker
Larkyn Austman wins Canadian Nationals!

Funny, as you have displayed similar shade these years towards Joannie, Meagan and Kaetlyn, and look how that turned out ;) All I can say is, keep those crazy predictions coming chuckm, as your history of underestimating others, has only resulted in more Canadian medals!

moonkat

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Coaches himself into wining a 3rd OGM while simultaneously being the coach of both the silver and bronce medalist.

He was inspired by Yuri!!! on Ice, but decided why stop at one student, when he can have two. Sota and Mitsuki are thrilled.

Mango

Royal Chinet 👑🍽️
Record Breaker
And to bypass this limitation, Kaetlyn and Gabby decide to compete in pairs, thus entertaining the possibility of having Austman, Chartrand, Osmond, and Daleman all make it to home Worlds the following season.

It's funny you mention this because Gabby actually has done pairs before! I found out about it because the duo has a page on Tracings.

IndiaP12

iliabot wakabot gumennikbot team korea stan
Final Flight
Country
New-Zealand
Jason Brown and Evgenia Medvedeva team up to compete in both pairs and ice dance. Elena Buyanova is their new coach, and they decide to represent Kyrgyzstan (which is indeed an ISU member). In their first season together, they compete at senior B and win in both disciplines and then are invited to two more GP assignments, which they also win in both pairs and dance. They are the first team to win the GPF and Worlds in two different disciplines in the same year. Eteri is so upset that her former student has more success in ice dance than her daughter that she decides to start coaching pairs and pairs Erokhov and Trusova together. Both also skate individual events, and Eteri sweeps the JWC podium with Egor Rukhin in men, Trusova in ladies, Trusova / Erokhov in pairs, and Davis / Varlamov in ice dance. Erokhov also wins senior worlds and Panenkova wins the ladies at worlds. Eteri is furious that she doesn't sweep the senior worlds podiums and offers to pay Medvedeva / Brown 10 million dollars a year to skate under her name. They agree on the condition that they can continue to train with Buyanova and have both of their names on the ISU bio, implying that she is a better coach. Eteri is furious that anyone would dare to think that she's not the best coach, but agrees so that she can sweep all of the podiums at both junior and senior worlds.

Omg this is next level Eteri rivalry I’m laughing so much [emoji23]

IndiaP12

iliabot wakabot gumennikbot team korea stan
Final Flight
Country
New-Zealand
Elizabet Tursynbaeva qualifies for the Grand Prix Final this season and unexpectedly beats Medvedeva to come second to Zagitova. (aka. my dream podium for 2018-19 GPF) [emoji23]

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
fellow skating fans in Montreal... if anyone had told you that during the winter, we would hit lower temperatures than the poles and during the summer higher temperatures than Sahara desert or India or whatever... would you have believed them?

I know this is a figure skating prediction threads ... how would i not know that, i started it... but damn it... it's so hot i cannot sleep.... and when i cannot sleep, i am tempted to make predictions...

Seeing how popular Aljona, Daisuke, Carolina and other older skaters are, the ISU creates a new event : the professional figure skating Grand Prix Series.

Skaters compete at the same events as the amateur skaters, but in a different category, wish shorter programs focused on performance and skating skills. Only 5 jumping passes are allowed, one of the 3 combos becomes a series of 3-4-5 jumps. Creativity is encouraged. The crowd loves the format which is then adopted by the IOC. The complete Canadian team who was in Korea unretires to win the Professional team event in 2022. However, as Keatlyn and Gabby are still skating in the mainstream category, Joannie makes the ultimate comeback.

Figures are reinstated: after the first practice session : every competitor must skate a figure picked randomly. The points are not accumulated but determine the order of the SP. Considering the risk of skating early, Eteri hires a completely new team of advisors and drills figures with all her kids.

The ISU judges bring back low PCS and the original gap between the real top tier in PCS and the close second tier is back.

The ISU redoes the Base Value for quads based on actual statistics. Considering the quad loop is so rarely well executed, it is given a higher value than both the quad flip and quad lutz. Actually the Quad lutz's value is only superior to those of the 4t and 4s.

The axel jump becomes mandatory in COMBO in the SP. It becomes quite interesting for ladies as those not able to do 3A come up with 2a-3L in a desperate attempt to get some higher TES points. Of course, Alina does a 3a-3l in tutu but after closer inspection she is mysteriously disqualified at worlds. Shin Amano reveals that he found the speed of rotation unnatural and required to look at her outfit. He discovers Alina's tutus were helping her mechanically by a spring system.
Medvedeva files a protest about PC and the IOC agrees and strips Alina's medal... while doing that, they also strip the entire Russian team, including Medvedeva, from the team event...

This is how the expression 2 silvers is sometimes better than one gold gets popular again.

lichi

sui holding a deep edge
On the Ice
The axel jump becomes mandatory in COMBO in the SP. It becomes quite interesting for ladies as those not able to do 3A come up with 2a-3L in a desperate attempt to get some higher TES points. Of course, Alina does a 3a-3l in tutu but after closer inspection she is mysteriously disqualified at worlds. Shin Amano reveals that he found the speed of rotation unnatural and required to look at her outfit. He discovers Alina's tutus were helping her mechanically by a spring system.
Medvedeva files a protest about PC and the IOC agrees and strips Alina's medal... while doing that, they also strip the entire Russian team, including Medvedeva, from the team event...

This is how the expression 2 silvers is sometimes better than one gold gets popular again.

I was nodding along at first, but I spit my food out at Alina's tutu :rofl:

Okay, but honestly, would Med rather have 2 silvers or an OGM? Unless you're Canada, most skaters/countries don't value Team Event as much.

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Oh, I am in a real quandary now.

The story I wrote about for this thread was a continuation of the story that I wrote for the original Crazy Predictions Thread a few years back. But now I am not sure whether it would be appropriate to post the sequel at all, because we have just found out that the person that this instalment revolves around (Anna Pogorilaya) is getting married for real in 10 days time.

Why, oh why, did I decide not to post it at the time I wrote it, and instead think it would be wiser to wait until the summer when there is less going on?!

How wrong could I have been?! This off-season has been crazy!

CaroLiza_fan