Practice Wear | Golden Skate

Practice Wear

Seren

Wakabond Forever
Record Breaker
I double duty some of my colder weather running clothes for skating clothes... I sort of hate myself for this but lululemon makes several thin long sleeved shirts meant for running- I have found them perfect for the ice rink as I get warm but still want long sleeves. That said I do not like their leggings.

SnowLily

Rinkside
My old ice rink used to sell Chloe Noel, so sometimes I wear those, or some Lululemon shirts, leggings, etc.

mrrice

Record Breaker
It depends on your rink. If it's fairly warm, I'd go with Danskin or Capezio. If you skate in a really cold rink.....I say, hit the sweats aisle at K-Mart and buy 2 of everything...;)

Ange

Rinkside
Nike and Mondor - my choice of brands relates to both comfort and size. These brands tend to fit my measurements perfectly, so I'm not in between sizes :)

likevelvet

#Bless this mess
On the Ice
Country
United-States
I actually really like leggings that come down over my laces, so I do have quite a few pairs of Chloe Noel and Mondor pants. I wear a lot of high-waisted yoga leggings too, that have extra length and super stretchiness at the bottom to accomodate my preference of pulling them over my boot. I must look like a madwoman, testing the stretch at the ankles in stores ;)

As far as tops go I wear a lot of tank tops, cropped t-shirts and hoodies. I tend to find really good deals shopping at Zulily and Target - I like their Champion brand. I dont look super fashionable when skating but I just like being comfy. I always wear tights under my pants - I like footed tights, and I like the Chloe Noel ones.

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
I LOVE those.

I have the fierce, maroon, and cobra ones and am in love with them. They're my go-to leggings. Lisa's designs are wonderful and it helps that she "gets it" because of designing costumes for many skaters including Ashley, Karen, Maia, etc....

Nimyue

On the Ice
These are my favorite pants! https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B076F5KZXC/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I bought some Athleta winter running pants and they are okay, but they fall down a lot which is annoying. I lift in mostly fabletics, but the ankles are too tight to go over laces, so I prefer not to skate in those.

I'm saving for some Mondor pants, but the Saforts from Amazon are $30 and really really great. They fit perfectly, they go over laces, they are just warm enough without being too warm.

- - - Updated - - -

I have the fierce, maroon, and cobra ones and am in love with them. They're my go-to leggings. Lisa's designs are wonderful and it helps that she "gets it" because of designing costumes for many skaters including Ashley, Karen, Maia, etc....

Those aren't even too pricey!

icejo

Rinkside
Bottoms = Mondor leggings all the way (...plus my Jerry's padded shorts underneath when I'm working on jumps :laugh:)

Tops and jackets = Lululemon, Lorna Jane (popular Aussie fitness brand), Adidas by Stella McCartney (she makes lots of beautiful long-sleeved tops which are perfect for skating and look great too)

RoaringMice

On the Ice
I'd like to wear Chloe Noel and etc., but I'm usually an XXL in skate and dance wear, and most skating wear doesn't come in my size. I do have a Chloe Noel jacket - she has two jackets that come in my size, and one style of skating pants. I wear the jacket I have constantly. I'd buy more, if more was available. Apparently, larger people aren't allowed to like nice skate wear. IMO, a missed opportunity for the skating companies.

hanyuufan5

✨**:。*
Medalist
Is there any particular benefit to special practice wear as opposed to regular street clothes other than just not messing up your clothes? Is it more aerodynamic or something? I usually just wear a tank top and skinny pants.

IceBallerina

On the Ice
Is there any particular benefit to special practice wear as opposed to regular street clothes other than just not messing up your clothes? Is it more aerodynamic or something? I usually just wear a tank top and skinny pants.

It is honestly whatever you are comfortable with. Some special practice wear might have better stretch, won't tear up from falls, and it will keep you warm (depending on your purchase). I just use regular Nike leggings, because it works for me. If you are completely fine with your clothes now, don't feel pressured to buy anything!

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia

No. Like you, I just wear a tank top and yoga pants. I've never felt that it would be more beneficial to drop $80 on a pair of pants, even if those pants proclaimed to make me coffee.

Skating pants don't generally come in my size, anyway.

Silver Ice

On the Ice
Mondor footless tights under whatever leggings were on the clearance rack and a T-shirt/tank top. Not very glamorous but it works.

jf12

Final Flight
In general, I do not like Chloe Noel skating pants. I feel like they're made for smaller kids and they just make the patterns in bigger sizes, rather than change the patterns for larger people. I'm not even actually that large, and they fit me weird. The pants are basically 2 pant halves sewn together, with no real seaming or shaping, with a too low rise, and the waistband is too narrow. It's a shame because the material looks nice and warm. The 'size down' digs in at the waist, and the 'size up' I would constantly have to be pulling up. It could be just my body type and others might like it better.

My skating pants 'hack' is athleta yoga pants - but to make sure the leg opening is big enough, I get 7/8 leggings in the tall size. That way, the leg opening is designed to be a little bigger, and they are the same length as regular leggings. I love the design and fit of lululemon leggings, but most of them have really narrow leg openings and they don't make tall sizes.