2018-2019 US Ice Dance | Page 9 | Golden Skate

2018-2019 US Ice Dance

happycamper2554

On the Ice
I'm guessing He means the their teammates in Montreal. Do P/C do Challenges?. The Russians usually do the Russian cup so they don't do early Challengers. I think he means they feel pressure to have there programs ready earlier because they face international judges. But didn't a ton of the Montreal teams do Autumn Classic last year. Really who knows what he is talking about?

Ice Dance

Record Breaker
They go on to say that they likely won't do US Classic this year as they'd like more time to prepare for their GPs.

My mom's response:

"Altitude."

Followed by:

"Attitude or altitude, one or the other."

:rofl: In all seriousness, it's a super early CS. Usually a low-scoring one. And it's not at all uncommon for top teams to skip the CS once they can earn enough points to make the final flight without it. (Which H&D might or might not, but that's their call). Meanwhile . . . who do we suppose will go and snag those 300 points? Probably Chock & Bates as they could use them now. I actually think it has helped Hubbell & Donohue to go to U.S. Classic every year as the calling is always tough, and then they work to improve; but it's not surprising that they may drop it.

surimi

Onward and forward, Sota!
Record Breaker
I'm guessing He means the their teammates in Montreal. Do P/C do Challenges?. The Russians usually do the Russian cup so they don't do early Challengers. I think he means they feel pressure to have there programs ready earlier because they face international judges. But didn't a ton of the Montreal teams do Autumn Classic last year. Really who knows what he is talking about?

If you mean the Challengers in the first half of September, then I guess you're right (I haven't checked), but Russian dance teams regularly compete at the Nepela Challenger, and they were at Finlandia last season as well.

Ice Dance

Record Breaker
-P&C usually don't. (Though they did one two seasons ago and one years ago).
-Virtue & Moir did Autumn Classic both of their final seasons.
-The Shibs didn't for their last two seasons and did them four out of eight total.
-Bobrova & Soloviev did two their last two seasons and none the three seasons before that.
-Weaver & Poje have done one six of the last seven seasons (all except the year they switched coaches).
-Chock & Bates didn't for the past two seasons, due to the same injury in both cases as far as I know. They did at least one CS the 6 seasons before that.
-Cappellini & Lanotte did one their last three seasons.
-Sinitsina & Katsalapov didn't do any for three seasons, but they did a late one two years ago and their first early one this season. (Which is a mighty good argument for skating an early Challenger if you ask me).
-Stepanova & Bukin have done Finlandia four of the last five seasons.
-Guignard & Fabbri have done two Challengers, including the very early Lombardia Trophy for years.
-Gilles & Poirier have done one for the last 5 seasons.
-Hawayek & Baker didn't this season because of the concussion, but historically they have usually done two.
-Fournier-Beaudry & Sorensen didn't this season because they weren't allowed to do so but they have historically done two.

Ice Dance

Record Breaker
FWIW, Jeffrey Chen is next to Wolfkostin, and he has his arm around her in partner-like fashion.

Katarina Wolfkostin & Jeffrey Chen are now confirmed as a new team. Sylvia just posted on FSU that they competed together at the Ann Arbor club competition last week.

bunnybarista

If I risk it all, could you break my fall?~
On the Ice
Can anyone confirm that DelCamp is with Somerville? I read that it was rumored, and it seems plausible; but I haven't seen confirmation yet.

On Instagram, they both have linked to each other in their bios, and Katarina's profile picture now features both of them. Ian's bio text specifically says: "Team USA ice dance @katarina.figureskaterr"

Ice Dance

Record Breaker
On Instagram, they both have linked to each other in their bios, and Katarina's profile picture now features both of them. Ian's bio text specifically says: "Team USA ice dance @katarina.figureskaterr"

Yes, that came out after my post. Thank you for following up.

magictodo

On the Ice
Has anyone heard which teams are competing at the Chesapeake Open next weekend? Was wondering if we might see a few of the new pairings.

Ice Dance

Record Breaker
Has anyone heard which teams are competing at the Chesapeake Open next weekend? Was wondering if we might see a few of the new pairings.

Yes, there is a list up in the K&C section of FSU; but I have to run off to a veterinarian appointment right now so maybe someone else will type up a more extensive list for you while I'm gone.

Wolfkostin & Chen and Lavrova & Gart are signed up. The Browns are on the list. And Nguyen & Kolesnik signed up after the list came out.

But none of the Wheaton junior or senior teams are on the list (not even Cesanek & Yehorov who are on the ISP or either of the new teams that have been announced) so still a lot of unanswered questions & the event is not going to be the battle it was in the junior field the last several seasons.

magictodo

On the Ice
Yes, there is a list up in the K&C section of FSU; but I have to run off to a veterinarian appointment right now so maybe someone else will type up a more extensive list for you while I'm gone.

Wolfkostin & Chen and Lavrova & Gart are signed up. The Browns are on the list. And Nguyen & Kolesnik signed up after the list came out.

But none of the Wheaton junior or senior teams are on the list (not even Cesanek & Yehorov who are on the ISP or either of the new teams that have been announced) so still a lot of unanswered questions & the event is not going to be the battle it was in the junior field the last several seasons.

Thanks!! That was enough for me to find it: https://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/th...cl-dance-camp-june-19-22-in-laurel-md.105662/

I'd been googling with no luck. I live not far away so I was debating going.

Ice Dance

Record Breaker
I'm trying to figure out how to read the schedule. If I'm reading it right, the junior/senior dances are during the day on Thursday and Friday (http://comp.entryeeze.com/SingleRinkSched.aspx?id=1344). Unfortunately I can't use vacation days for this -- was hoping they'd fall on the weekend!

I'm told the times tend to shift with club competitions as well, fyi. Last year, there was a volunteer who was posting this as a heads-up after the Chesapeake Open because some people who came only to watch missed whoever they came to see since events moved up earlier in the day to adjust for withdrawals. I think she said it was wise to check on the schedule in the morning rather than just go with what had been posted online (not that I would have a clue how to check in at this particular event;)).

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Thanks!! That was enough for me to find it: https://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/th...cl-dance-camp-june-19-22-in-laurel-md.105662/

I'd been googling with no luck. I live not far away so I was debating going.

FYI: Avonley and Vadym have joined the show in Leesburg, Virginia, tomorrow night (Sat Jun 15) at 6 pm -- to benefit the Michael Weiss Foundation.

The only ice dancers that I know of, but Nathan, Mirai, and Nam also are skating.

ETA (on Jun 15), updates re the Michael Weiss show:

Although Avonley/Vadym :luv17: were the most well-known ice dancers who performed, they apparently were not the only dancers.

New partnership alert??? Christian Bennett and Jenna Hauer skated together, as seen in this photo:
(The line-up had a typo in her name.)

Also listed were Brendan and Caroline Mullen (eighth place in juvenile dance at 2019 Nats.)​

ETA (on Jun 15):

Didn't get around earlier to posting this interview with Chloe Rose Lewis, including her responses to questions about her decision to step away from skating.

Best wishes to Chloe, who is very happy in her life after skating. :)

(And to Logan, of whom she speaks with great fondness.)​