PIC Skates | Golden Skate

PIC Skates

mystery905

Rinkside
I just bought a 'new' pair of Edea Chorus boots to go with the 944 PIC frame set I purchased over the phone.

These are inline wheel framesets that allow figure skating moves such as 3-turns, and up to double jumps, as opposed to normal inline skates without rockers and without picks.

I will post my experience with them after i've used them for a bit.

Has anyone tried these?

www.picskate.com

Seren

Wakabond Forever
Record Breaker
No but I am curious to hear what you think!

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
I just bought a 'new' pair of Edea Chorus boots to go with the 944 PIC frame set I purchased over the phone.

These are inline wheel framesets that allow figure skating moves such as 3-turns, and up to double jumps, as opposed to normal inline skates without rockers and without picks.

I will post my experience with them after i've used them for a bit.

Has anyone tried these?

www.picskate.com

This existing thread may help you. ;)

https://www.goldenskate.com/forum/showthread.php?68386-Inline-Figure-Skates-Useful-or-Not

mystery905

Rinkside
I just received them today. 4 days from the USA to Canada--not bad!

They are at the figure skating boutique being mounted on the edea boots and should be ready by Wednesday.

I will try them out for the first time this Sunday at the local roller rink. I can't wait!

I'll give my impressions after that time.

mystery905

Rinkside
I just got back from the roller rink and have to say I am very pleased with the PIC skates.

3-turns are harder: you basically have to turn on the front wheel. I was able to do my outside 3-turns. The inside 3-turns will take more practice for me (I can do all 4 on ice quite well).

I was able to do my single salchow, waltz jump, and toe loop (as well as salchow toe-loop combination)!
Also was able to do my outside spread eagle into inside spread eagle quite easily due to the maneuverability of the rockered 'blade'.

A little background on me: I started roller skating as a child, have been inline skating the past ten years (normal in-lines), and the last year and a half have been ice figure skating. There is no substitute for the purity of the blade on the ice, but PIC skates are far superior to normal in-lines and the quad roller skates.

likevelvet

#Bless this mess
On the Ice
Country
United-States
I'm REALLY excited because I'm ordering some for myself this weekend. I'm going to mount them on a pair of Edea Pianos. I rollerbladed a lot as a kid in addition to ice skating but have never tried the fancy made-for-figure-skaters inlines. I'm hopeless on quad skates for some reason. I've gone back and forth between Snow White and PIC for months but at $100 cheaper, and in WA state where it's only warm enough to skate outside for max 3 months out of the year, I'm going to make the jump (hah) and gets some PICs.

Did you have your normal skate tech mount them? I'm not sure I'd be able to have mine do so.

mystery905

Rinkside
I'm REALLY excited because I'm ordering some for myself this weekend. I'm going to mount them on a pair of Edea Pianos. I rollerbladed a lot as a kid in addition to ice skating but have never tried the fancy made-for-figure-skaters inlines. I'm hopeless on quad skates for some reason. I've gone back and forth between Snow White and PIC for months but at $100 cheaper, and in WA state where it's only warm enough to skate outside for max 3 months out of the year, I'm going to make the jump (hah) and gets some PICs.

Did you have your normal skate tech mount them? I'm not sure I'd be able to have mine do so.

Yeah, my normal tech @ the figure skating shop I go to mounted it for me. I bought the used edea choruses from them and they charged me the reduced $40 CAD to mount the PIC framesets when I received them. My particular shop does this kind of mount about 3 - 4 times a year so they do have experience. (figure skating boutique in Toronto)