Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

Thread: Rescoring past competitions w/ new SOV+rules

~

0 Not allowed!
    Comparing to GPF 2013, where it did get ratified: https://youtu.be/hx_ui1MJbmA?t=4m3s

Looks like in Sochi he leans more onto his right foot, so the shift in weight probably lost him the combo.

1 Not allowed!
    Yes, he shifted the weight on the free foot before the 3 Salchow, and because of that, that last jump couldn't count as part of a combination as Yuzuru intended to do. Because of the weight change, that 3S was out of the combination, whereas the 3Lz-1Lo were in combination; 3S should have been called as a sequence with the 3Lz and the 1Lo, but you can't do a 3 jumps sequence (you can do a 3 jumps combination bun only a 2 jumps sequence). So they had to call the 3Lz-1lo, because it was executed as a single element, but they had to call it as a sequence because he executed the 3S after those 2 jumps after the weight shifting.
    If you pause the video at the exact frame in which Yuzuru executes the 1Lo, you can clearly see how he lost his balance a little bit and then his free foot was touching the ice before the take off of the Salchow: https://youtu.be/hUskvEAITdE?t=246

2 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by chopinskate View Post
    Comparing to GPF 2013, where it did get ratified: https://youtu.be/hx_ui1MJbmA?t=4m3s

Looks like in Sochi he leans more onto his right foot, so the shift in weight probably lost him the combo.
    I guess it's good I'm not part of a technical panel as I had to watch the Sochi one repeatedly to realize there's a very slight pause before the 3S, which I guess is where the weight shift occurred.

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Marius View Post
    Yes, he shifted the weight on the free foot before the 3 Salchow, and because of that, that last jump couldn't count as part of a combination as Yuzuru intended to do. Because of the weight change, that 3S was out of the combination, whereas the 3Lz-1Lo were in combination; 3S should have been called as a sequence with the 3Lz and the 1Lo, but you can't do a 3 jumps sequence (you can do a 3 jumps combination bun only a 2 jumps sequence). So they had to call the 3Lz-1lo, because it was executed as a single element, but they had to call it as a sequence because he executed the 3S after those 2 jumps after the weight shifting.
    If you pause the video at the exact frame in which Yuzuru executes the 1Lo, you can clearly see how he lost his balance a little bit and then his free foot was touching the ice before the take off of the Salchow: https://youtu.be/hUskvEAITdE?t=246
    So back then this kind of thing meant losing the third jump in that combo entirely in the protocols, instead of appearing as a 3S* like it does nowadays?

~

4 Not allowed!
    I forgot that it's actually Yazunori Hanyu who won GPF 2013.

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by xeyra View Post
    So back then this kind of thing meant losing the third jump in that combo entirely in the protocols, instead of appearing as a 3S* like it does nowadays?
    Practically, yes. Having called the 3Lz+1Lo+SEQ., they called the 3Lz-1Lo as a sequence itself, and given that the sequence could only consist of 2 jumping elements the 3S did not even appear in the protocols.

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by chopinskate View Post
    I forgot that it's actually Yazunori Hanyu who won GPF 2013.

Rinkside

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Cat Lady View Post

Pyeongchang2018

I’ve been checking out the new system using a worksheet I made. I’m still tweaking the formatting but I can send it to you when it’s done. Obviously, the results are going to be skewed because when I score I keep the GOE guidelines in front of me, and literally pause the video, count the positive bullets, subtract the negative bullets. Judges don’t have that luxury. Not to mention, most of the programs are on video at better angles than judges get - I'm actually starting to feel some sympathy for the judges. IJS seems to expect you to have eagle vision, encyclopedic memory, the ability to do math in 1/4 of a second, and hyperfocus on each tiny segment while still being able to clearly see the whole.
    That is awesome. Thank you!

Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22