2020-2021 ISU Events | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2020-2021 ISU Events

LRK

Record Breaker
Zagreb have been confirmed for Euros. It's Junior Worlds that will be announced with 4CCs in October. Taipei applied for both. Not sure if the delay is somehow linked to that. And for Junior Worlds Taipei is the only application.

A bit OT perhaps, but makes me wonder… what would happen if no one applied for an event?

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Zagreb have been confirmed for Euros. It's Junior Worlds that will be announced with 4CCs in October. Taipei applied for both. Not sure if the delay is somehow linked to that. And for Junior Worlds Taipei is the only application.

Oh, it better not mean that Taipei gets both, I will be so mad!

GF2445

Record Breaker
Oh, it better not mean that Taipei gets both, I will be so mad!

I hope so too. I mean, something like that should NEVER happen.

Then again, its the ISU....and the ISU always seem to do things that leave you speechless.

Harriet

Record Breaker
Country
Australia

I'd forgotten about Zagreb, thanks for the reminder! :)

Andrea82

Medalist
Re 4 Continents and Junior Worlds

In the latest Communication about ISU Council decision, they state:

ISU Four Continents Figure Skating Championships (February 8-14, 2021):
Considering necessary clarifications related to the applications received, the Council decided to keep this allotment pending.

ISU World Junior Figure Skating Championships (March 1-7, 2021):
Taking into account the pending allotment for the 2021 ISU Four Continents Figure Skating Championships and possible ramifications for the applications received for the 2021 ISU World Junior Figure Skating Championships, the Council decided to keep this allotment pending to be decided at the same time as the allotment for the 2021 ISU Four Continents Figure Skating Championships.

Harriet

Record Breaker
Country
Australia

Considering necessary clarifications related to the applications received, the Council decided to keep this allotment pending.

Taking into account the pending allotment for the 2021 ISU Four Continents Figure Skating Championships and possible ramifications for the applications received for the 2021 ISU World Junior Figure Skating Championships, the Council decided to keep this allotment pending to be decided at the same time as the allotment for the 2021 ISU Four Continents Figure Skating Championships.

Clearly the O'Brien Group Arena's issues have not yet been brought up to scratch, then.

GF2445

Record Breaker
Clearly the O'Brien Group Arena's issues have not yet been brought up to scratch, then.

Great....we know that the ISU won't host a championship in an arena with only 1000 or so seats on one side of the rink.
They need to get a large arena...they need Hisense arena.

If ISA can't work it out, we will probably be getting a double shot of awkward live streaming!! Cos live streaming any skating event from Taiwan ends up being more painful than it should be.

Harriet

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Great....we know that the ISU won't host a championship in an arena with only 1000 or so seats on one side of the rink.
They need to get a large arena...they need Hisense arena.

If ISA can't work it out, we will probably be getting a double shot of awkward live streaming!! Cos live streaming any skating event from Taiwan ends up being more painful than it should be.

I don't think it has to do with the seating. From what I've heard elsewhere, the issues are more to do with media access (international media, not local broadcasting rights). And possibly catering.

moriel

Record Breaker
I am still waiting for the day a country like Chile applies and wins a major championship so it is cheap for me to attend.

GF2445

Record Breaker
I don't think it has to do with the seating. From what I've heard elsewhere, the issues are more to do with media access (international media, not local broadcasting rights). And possibly catering.
Oh. So that's the issue.
Thanks for letting us know.

ice coverage

Record Breaker

Update with an unexpected (AFAIK) twist:

Harbin, China, was given 2021 Junior Worlds provisional allotment, per ISU announcement today.

No announcement today re 2021 Four Continents.​

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Provisional allotments of ISU Championships 2021 and 2022

Season 2020/21

ISU Four Continents Figure Skating Championships to be held in Sydney, AUS on February 8-14, 2021
ISU World Synchronized Skating Championships to be held in Zagreb, CRO on April 8-10, 2021

Season 2021/22

ISU World Figure Skating Championships to be held in Montpellier, FRA on March 21-27, 2022
ISU European Figure Skating Championships to be held in Tallin, EST on January 10-16, 2022
ISU World Synchronized Skating Championships to be held in Hamilton, CAN on April 7-9, 2022

https://www.isu.org/isu-news/news/1...-championships-2021-and-2022?templateParam=15

Sam L

Medalist
This suits my travel plans perfectly. I had nothing planned for this time in 2021. I'm eyeing going to the Russian Nationals in Dec 2021 (it'll be very hard to get tickets but whatever) and Beijing 2022. So this is perfect.

Josh78

Spectator
Country
United-States
Any idea where 2021 World Team Trophy might be held and when that might be announced? Was kind of surprised it wasn't in this announcement

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
What's the reason for this? I feel like I'm missing something obvious lol

The person I quoted said it’d be more expensive to travel to Stockholm than Italy. I assumed that means they live in Europe (otherwise it would’t make much difference, I think). And therefore their travel costs aren’t going to be huge.

But staying in Stockholm for a fair number of days can be pricy. Not exactly the cheapest country on the planet!

And then there are the competition tickets. The prices have been going up a lot in recent years. I dread to think what they’ll cost for Stockholm.

All things considered, yes, for many people travel costs may really be the cheapest part of their trip.