2020-2021 ISU Events | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2020-2021 ISU Events

Sam L

Medalist
The person I quoted said it’d be more expensive to travel to Stockholm than Italy. I assumed that means they live in Europe (otherwise it would’t make much difference, I think). And therefore their travel costs aren’t going to be huge.

But staying in Stockholm for a fair number of days can be pricy. Not exactly the cheapest country on the planet!

And then there are the competition tickets. The prices have been going up a lot in recent years. I dread to think what they’ll cost for Stockholm.

All things considered, yes, for many people travel costs may really be the cheapest part of their trip.

Food is expensive in Stockholm. Accommmodation is also but I find Stockholm's public transport system better meaning that you can find somewhere more affordable but still within good distance timewise. I also find Stockholm a nicer city than Milan.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Forget Stockholm, you should all be planning your trip to AUSTRALIA!!!! :yahoo:

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Forget Stockholm, you should all be planning your trip to AUSTRALIA!!!! :yahoo:

Pack all weather clothes - you can go to the ice rink AND spend the off time at the beach (February is high - and I do mean HIGH - summer, though Sydney is cooler than where I live, so it's tempting if I can get time off work... especially if certain folk are there and I don't just mean him on the avatar)

Harriet

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Pack all weather clothes - you can go to the ice rink AND spend the off time at the beach (February is high - and I do mean HIGH - summer)

And don't forget your sunscreen. SPF 30 minimum.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
And don't forget your sunscreen. SPF 30 minimum.

No, no, buy sunscreen here, rather than bringing from home, and get the SPF 50+. The Cancer Council stuff. ;)

And everyone must remember to swim between the flags if you go for a beach trip. :yes: