Need ideas for program music | Golden Skate

Need ideas for program music

SkaterX

On the Ice
I listen to a ton of music but most of it is not suited for skating. I'm trying to come up with music that's a bit more fun and peppy but not too fast.

Any ideas?

So far, I've thought of La Strada and The Lady Caliph: Nocturne but they're not quite the mood I'm going for.

vlaurend

Final Flight
I think you need to be more specific in describing what you're looking for. For example, does it have to be classical music? If you want fun and peppy, you might look at Broadway musicals instead (especially now that vocals are allowed).

mystery905

Rinkside
I like music from Evanescence (Missing, Lithium, Good Enough, Field of Innocence, Even in Death, Bring Me to Life) as well as How do you Keep the Music Playing by Celine Dion, and various songs from The Greatest Showman soundtrack (This is me, Never Enough, Come Alive).

Somos Novios (Christina Aguilera with Andrea Bocelli), I Still Can See Your Face (Barbra Streisand and Andrea Bocelli) I like as well.

Non-vocal stuff include stuff from Avicii (Heart Upon My Sleeve, Lay Me Down).

Girlbird

On the Ice
I listen to a ton of music but most of it is not suited for skating. I'm trying to come up with music that's a bit more fun and peppy but not too fast.

Any ideas?

So far, I've thought of La Strada and The Lady Caliph: Nocturne but they're not quite the mood I'm going for.

How about movie scores? If you want something classical, how about some of the "peppier" stuff from the Chocolat soundtrack or Emma or another Rachel Portman score (which encompasses quite a lot) Other movie scores I think of skating to a lot include Pride & Prejudice (the kiera knightley version), Gladiator, The Man From Snowy River.. I skated to LotR as a kid (nerd alert).

Or you could go with instrumenta music from the 50s and 60s - the movie An Education has some great stuff on it, and some of it is non-vocals (although vocals are allowed).

sillyant

Rinkside
I like music from Evanescence (Missing, Lithium, Good Enough, Field of Innocence, Even in Death, Bring Me to Life) as well as How do you Keep the Music Playing by Celine Dion, and various songs from The Greatest Showman soundtrack (This is me, Never Enough, Come Alive).

Never Enough would be amazing!!
Can you post your program if you end up with Never Enough? :D