Thread: Need ideas for program music

0 Not allowed!

Need ideas for program music

I listen to a ton of music but most of it is not suited for skating. I'm trying to come up with music that's a bit more fun and peppy but not too fast.

Any ideas?

So far, I've thought of La Strada and The Lady Caliph: Nocturne but they're not quite the mood I'm going for.

Tripping on the Podium vlaurend's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
    I think you need to be more specific in describing what you're looking for. For example, does it have to be classical music? If you want fun and peppy, you might look at Broadway musicals instead (especially now that vocals are allowed).

Rinkside

0 Not allowed!
    I like music from Evanescence (Missing, Lithium, Good Enough, Field of Innocence, Even in Death, Bring Me to Life) as well as How do you Keep the Music Playing by Celine Dion, and various songs from The Greatest Showman soundtrack (This is me, Never Enough, Come Alive).

Somos Novios (Christina Aguilera with Andrea Bocelli), I Still Can See Your Face (Barbra Streisand and Andrea Bocelli) I like as well.

Non-vocal stuff include stuff from Avicii (Heart Upon My Sleeve, Lay Me Down).

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by SkaterX View Post
    I listen to a ton of music but most of it is not suited for skating. I'm trying to come up with music that's a bit more fun and peppy but not too fast.

Any ideas?

So far, I've thought of La Strada and The Lady Caliph: Nocturne but they're not quite the mood I'm going for.
    How about movie scores? If you want something classical, how about some of the "peppier" stuff from the Chocolat soundtrack or Emma or another Rachel Portman score (which encompasses quite a lot) Other movie scores I think of skating to a lot include Pride & Prejudice (the kiera knightley version), Gladiator, The Man From Snowy River.. I skated to LotR as a kid (nerd alert).

Or you could go with instrumenta music from the 50s and 60s - the movie An Education has some great stuff on it, and some of it is non-vocals (although vocals are allowed).

Rinkside

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by mystery905 View Post
    I like music from Evanescence (Missing, Lithium, Good Enough, Field of Innocence, Even in Death, Bring Me to Life) as well as How do you Keep the Music Playing by Celine Dion, and various songs from The Greatest Showman soundtrack (This is me, Never Enough, Come Alive).
    Never Enough would be amazing!!
    Can you post your program if you end up with Never Enough? :D

I can't help but love the taste of danger, baby... Ic3Rabbit's Avatar

2 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by sillyant View Post
    Never Enough would be amazing!!
    Can you post your program if you end up with Never Enough? :D
    Not the OP, but Karen Chen skated to that in SOI this year.
    Fan cams
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=shzaxvZKcHk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b9uVZ5cj6UI