Toronto Cricket, Skating and Curling Club | Page 44 | Golden Skate

Toronto Cricket, Skating and Curling Club

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Of course you wouldn’t know who Shawn Mendes is. You’re like, 700 years old. You’re way past your prime to even wake up and smell the 90s, let alone 18 years into the 21st century. Get outta here and go listen to your phonograph like the old geezer you are. :devil:

you are just jealous because of my avatar.... quite something a 700 y o man able to not only pickup some poje love but be able to fiddle his way around this site to have a custom avatar :devil:

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I feel bad for Gabby. She and her boyfriend decided to break up (conflicting life plans) and then a few minutes later she learned about Denis, whom she considered a friend, being murdered. I'm glad she has her family (esp her brother) and Team Cricket in her corner. And I hope she gives herself time to grieve in whichever way works for her. Yes, the season is coming and she is Canada's no. 1 lady at the GP series, but the heart and head need TLC.

Between all this and her own recovery from last summer's surgery, she has had some tough times! Here's hoping that her upcoming season is a good one and that she and her new training mates will inspire each other.

xeyra

Constant state
Record Breaker
I know Shawn Mendes mostly because he has Portuguese ancestry and so adapted one of his songs to become the theme song of our national team for the World Cup, where he sings a little in Portuguese and local radio stations shoved it at me every 30 minutes.

Now on topic, I like the suggestion in her replies of Gabby skating to the Wonder Woman soundtrack. She would rock a program to that OST.

Interspectator

Record Breaker
I know Shawn Mendes mostly because he has Portuguese ancestry and so adapted one of his songs to become the theme song of our national team for the World Cup, where he sings a little in Portuguese and local radio stations shoved it at me every 30 minutes.

Now on topic, I like the suggestion of Gabby skating to the Wonder Woman soundtrack in her replies. She would rock a program to that OST.

OMG YES! She would be the Perfect Wonder Woman! :points:

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
I agree! Didn't someone put her as wonder woman in one of those TCC memes?

ETA: So I just started a new show on Netflix called Kim's Convenience, which is about a Korean-Canadian family in Toronto who runs a convenience store. It was a Canadian show rebroadcasted on Netflix. I'm just in the first episode and I can tell I'm going to love it. Anyway thought I'd share!

Last edited:

NanaPat

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Interesting fact:

The CBC sent some of the stars of Kim's Convenience to the Olympics to do "fluff" pieces on Korea.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
The deadline for ACI entries is Aug. 17, so it may be some time before we find out about some of the rest.

Sabrina

Record Breaker
I was so happy Boyang was supposed to come to TCC. The fact that it does not happen makes me sad...I only hope it was his choice.

TGee

Record Breaker
I was so happy Boyang was supposed to come to TCC. The fact that it does not happen makes me sad...I only hope it was his choice.
Uhm, was there any real confirmation of that...?

Just a great amount of "someone said" up to now as far as I've heard.

Last real thing we have of Boyang that I'm aware of is an Instagram posted by Misha Ge from when he was up in Qingdao over a week ago choreographing. See the unanswered questions in the comments...

https://www.instagram.com/p/BlKYoVOhwnk/?hl=en

But silence may be in itself the answer...

Haleth

On the Ice
https://twitter.com/gabby_daleman/status/1021233387682648064?s=20

https://twitter.com/TCSCC_Athletics/status/1021394540576505856?s=20

Thank you Gabby and Team Cricket. My thoughts are most with the victims, their loved ones and friends, those out on the streets when this happened, and those who responded to the scene. It's been surreal. I'm still trying to check in with neighbours and friends. Nevertheless, we will not allow the shooter to make us afraid to walk around our homes and businesses.

yude

Record Breaker
https://twitter.com/gabby_daleman/status/1021233387682648064?s=20

https://twitter.com/TCSCC_Athletics/status/1021394540576505856?s=20

Thank you Gabby and Team Cricket. My thoughts are most with the victims, their loved ones and friends, those out on the streets when this happened, and those who responded to the scene. It's been surreal. I'm still trying to check in with neighbours and friends. Nevertheless, we will not allow the shooter to make us afraid to walk around our homes and businesses.

I heard this horrible news last night, my heart with the victims and their families. Sorry for my ignorance, but Greektown is a part of downtown in Toronto?

Haleth

On the Ice
I heard this horrible news last night, my heart with the victims and their families. Sorry for my ignorance, but Greektown is a part of downtown in Toronto?

It's just east of the Downtown core; it takes us maybe 5-10 minutes to enter the downtown area. It's a popular area to eat and stroll at night.

TCC itself is about a half hour away by car, so I'd strongly doubt (hope!) no one from the club was there, though one of the coaches has recently posted from East End places.