Page 57 of 57 FirstFirst ... 7 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57

Thread: TCC Watercooler: News + Updates, Summer '18

Bona Fide Member

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by 4everchan View Post
    LOL DITTO!!! i have no idea who that is and what this person does LOL
    Of course you wouldn’t know who Shawn Mendes is. You’re like, 700 years old. You’re way past your prime to even wake up and smell the 90s, let alone 18 years into the 21st century. Get outta here and go listen to your phonograph like the old geezer you are.

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by SarahSynchro View Post
    Of course you wouldn’t know who Shawn Mendes is. You’re like, 700 years old. You’re way past your prime to even wake up and smell the 90s, let alone 18 years into the 21st century. Get outta here and go listen to your phonograph like the old geezer you are.
    you are just jealous because of my avatar.... quite something a 700 y o man able to not only pickup some poje love but be able to fiddle his way around this site to have a custom avatar

3 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Haleth View Post
    I feel bad for Gabby. She and her boyfriend decided to break up (conflicting life plans) and then a few minutes later she learned about Denis, whom she considered a friend, being murdered. I'm glad she has her family (esp her brother) and Team Cricket in her corner. And I hope she gives herself time to grieve in whichever way works for her. Yes, the season is coming and she is Canada's no. 1 lady at the GP series, but the heart and head need TLC.
    Between all this and her own recovery from last summer's surgery, she has had some tough times! Here's hoping that her upcoming season is a good one and that she and her new training mates will inspire each other.

1 Not allowed!
    Gabby will come back stronger for sure.

On a lightest note, I only know who Shawn Mendes is because he appeared in Taylor Swift’s tour. Lol
    https://www.instagram.com/p/Bi87TU8n...d=jc06ocprr7rd

Maybe Jason can skate to Drake instead
    (there is a video of him and his parents singing Hotline Bling somewhere. Lol)
    Last edited by Mrs. P; Today at 01:17 AM.

4 Years of Revenge... starting with a World silver xeyra's Avatar

6 Not allowed!
    I know Shawn Mendes mostly because he has Portuguese ancestry and so adapted one of his songs to become the theme song of our national team for the World Cup, where he sings a little in Portuguese and local radio stations shoved it at me every 30 minutes.

Now on topic, I like the suggestion in her replies of Gabby skating to the Wonder Woman soundtrack. She would rock a program to that OST.

On the Ice

6 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by xeyra View Post
    I know Shawn Mendes mostly because he has Portuguese ancestry and so adapted one of his songs to become the theme song of our national team for the World Cup, where he sings a little in Portuguese and local radio stations shoved it at me every 30 minutes.

Now on topic, I like the suggestion of Gabby skating to the Wonder Woman soundtrack in her replies. She would rock a program to that OST.
    OMG YES! She would be the Perfect Wonder Woman!

0 Not allowed!
    I agree! Didn't someone put her as wonder woman in one of those TCC memes?

ETA: So I just started a new show on Netflix called Kim's Convenience, which is about a Korean-Canadian family in Toronto who runs a convenience store. It was a Canadian show rebroadcasted on Netflix. I'm just in the first episode and I can tell I'm going to love it. Anyway thought I'd share!
    Last edited by Mrs. P; Today at 01:50 AM.

Medalist

2 Not allowed!
    Interesting fact:

The CBC sent some of the stars of Kim's Convenience to the Olympics to do "fluff" pieces on Korea.

Bona Fide Member

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by SarahSynchro View Post
    Can we use songs from the original, super old skool 1980s Degrassi? Perhaps a program skating too the Zit Remedy’s big hit: “Everybody Wants Something.”
    I have no problem with that

On the Ice

2 Not allowed!
    Junhwan is also going to compete at ACI
    https://twitter.com/blurrandot/statu...13260919713792

1 Not allowed!
    The deadline for ACI entries is Aug. 17, so it may be some time before we find out about some of the rest.

On the Ice

1 Not allowed!
    As you can see our skaters have been hard at work during these summer days #TCSCC #TCCskate
    From TCC twitter.

4 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoa View Post
    Junhwan is also going to compete at ACI
    https://twitter.com/blurrandot/statu...13260919713792
    Rumor has it the whole TCC team is going, we are just waiting on a confirmation

Page 57 of 57 FirstFirst ... 7 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57