Toronto Cricket, Skating and Curling Club | Page 57 | Golden Skate

Toronto Cricket, Skating and Curling Club

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
See..us skating fans are kind of low key. Why don't any of us Cosplay our favourite skaters at events or when we watch at home? I kind want to squish myself into that pantsuit that Kostner wore at Europeans and watch the Grand Prix season. I wonder what my dog would think. I'd be quite a site walking around my neighbourhood with the dog at 3 am like I did in 2016 during NHK.

I am now mentally imagining me in Yuzuru's Purple Pants, or Swanyu, or new Cherry Blossom Prince sparkles... the shrieks of laughter frightened the birds outside.

TGee

Record Breaker
I'm not talking about EliteXpression. I'm talking about the ones at mycostumehouse.com specifically since the Gabby Daleman collection was mentioned.

They are asking for $800-$1400 for dresses with unfinished hems, not particular blinged out and with visibly poor stitching in some samples. All RTW. I've worked in and around the garment industry for the last 20 years and I'm not particularly impressed. I seem to recall this particular designer getting called out by a more established dress maker in the US last year and then having to take her Etsy store down.

I don't think people will be lining up to pay $1350 for this. http://mycostumehouse.com/product/empress-2-0/
Ah...

All is clear now.

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
I am now mentally imagining me in Yuzuru's Purple Pants, or Swanyu, or new Cherry Blossom Prince sparkles... the shrieks of laughter frightened the birds outside.

That might be a fun thread: Who would you cosplay and what costume would you wear? I could start it.

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
I don't either, but I don't have the best eyes. But is that girl in bright orange with short hair Sui Wenjing? :reye:

I don't think it's your eyes. It's pretty blurry. Interesting but blurry.

They are skating to a cover of Bruno Mars "When I was your man". Apparently covers are a thing in practices too.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Well compared to what Vera Wang designed for a certain world champion (the costumes were black and white and seemed to have nothing to do with the program and could be used as just a basic costume these aren't bad. At least they aren't offensive. I am sure she charged or "valued" them at multi thousands but really not a work of art.

sun110

Final Flight
So it's official now. Boyang gave up the opportunity of joining TCC in Canada and will stay in China. However Team Brian will cooperate with Chinese Fed, helping Chinese skaters prepare for 2022 Olympic.

Eclair

Medalist
honestly does tcc have much that politicking power? in a men's field v much dominated by nathan's usfsa power, and shoma's nagano power? i mean, arguably yuzuru is a part of one of the 'big' feds and rinks, and still gets underscored in nearly everything?

they have more than Boyangs current coaches.

Eclair

Medalist

it's black, long sleeves, high neck, similar material, design and aesthetics. It's not 100% the same costume, but it has a lot of similarities.

https://goo.gl/images/GjdPje
https://goo.gl/images/i1bfC3
https://youtu.be/XNFs_t5im3I?t=24

And so they can transfer their experience of what they finally did right on to him.

from pairs? even though they never did it before? possible, but not probable as Boyang is training in his hometown rink an Shen Zhao are in Beijing.

But he didn't, apparently.
- true, very disappointing.

And you know it was a decision which would in no way be influenced by the goings-on of the politicking, if any, how, exactly?
because his fed wanted him to go very much. no matter what the provincial feds or coaches would have said, if Boyang told the national fed he wanted to go, he could have.

This is such an isolated view of it. "Willing" to try it out or not depends on what the full reason behind his decision was -- reasons that are unknown.
like I said before, if the full reason is another than simple homesickness, then I take back all my words. But so far it sounds like it's pure habit and comfort.