Toronto Cricket, Skating and Curling Club | Page 74 | Golden Skate

Toronto Cricket, Skating and Curling Club

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Did anyone get Jason's and Jun's practice video'd? I fell asleep on the couch an hour before it all started and while there are already a billion Yuzu cuts available....

Everyone ran out of battery shooting so much Yuzu video so couldn't film either of them. :laugh:

(That said I'm hoping someone did!)

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
I don't know if anyone else has commented on this, but I'm seeing a bit of a theme across the TCC men's step sequences for this season.

Yuzu's got a balletic leap and a (not atypical) hydroblade.

Conrad has leaps and slides. I believe Stephen has a mazurka, and definitely Wally jumps. And Jo has more than steps too.

It appears that they are taking heed of the dance guidance to change vertical height even during step sequences.

I've been thinking about this ever since I read your comment. I actually did notice there were more hops in both Conrad's, and Yuzuru's, or what we have seen of it, programs. Yuzuru has quite a few of those. I'd have to rewatch Gogolev though. I think we'll know more once we see Zhenya and Jason's FS, as all of those were done by DW. It's certainly making the programs more dynamic, personally I love the change but it is also making them more difficult.

I wanted to loop back to this question, because we now have video of Jason's FS and indeed there is several leaps. He does one in the beginning of the program, after his 3A-3T around the 1:04 mark. He does one at the end of what looks like is his ChSq around the 1:55 mark of the video I link below. And then he does another leap and then goes right into a twizzle during his main step sequence. The step sequence starts at 3:18. He does his usual Russian spilt at the end of the program.
https://twitter.com/axelsandwich/status/1042858609569345536

Yatagarasu

Record Breaker
Because Yuzuru has apparently decided that he'll do what he wants, rules be damned, this might show up in the FS apparently:
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bn9cBHbBXcM/
IDEK what to say if he does :laugh2:

I've said it in Jason's thread, I am going to like his FS I think. I imagine they'll fill out the transitions as time goes on and he gets more comfortable, in all ways.

I am not going to comment on Cha's FS because my brain is in a lol nope phase of running away and not accepting that thing exists.

Tavi...

Record Breaker
Jason looked really good in his SP practice! More details in his thread if you want to read.

Tavi...

Record Breaker
Yuzuru and Jun on ice! Yuzu looks so relaxed, beautiful flow. Jun’s program looks quite nice. He had a bit of trouble with first 2 jumps. Music is very dramatic. He has really nice flexibility in his back. You can tell he is still young but lots of potential.

Yuzu: simple black costume with kind of skeletal outlines in white. I like it. His program is beautiful. A couple of parts he marked. His skating has just a beautiful easy quality, almost as if he’s a kid playing. Footwork great. His use of arms is so nice - very balletic. Such a huge change from Sochi when his arms were kind of floppy. He did 4S I think, 3A, and 4T-3t? Jumps in program looked good. He did a few quads outside program maybe 4lo? They looked rotated but a bit tilted in air. But landed well.

Yoa

On the Ice
Because Yuzuru has apparently decided that he'll do what he wants, rules be damned, this might show up in the FS apparently:
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bn9cBHbBXcM/
IDEK what to say if he does :laugh2:

I've said it in Jason's thread, I am going to like his FS I think. I imagine they'll fill out the transitions as time goes on and he gets more comfortable, in all ways.

I am not going to comment on Cha's FS because my brain is in a lol nope phase of running away and not accepting that thing exists.
Well...Looking at his current SP layout with 3 jumping passes in the first half, and then at his FS with 4 jumping passes in the second half... :slink: He really doesn't care :biggrin:

xeyra

Constant state
Record Breaker
Yuzuru and Jun on ice! Yuzu looks so relaxed, beautiful flow. Jun’s program looks quite nice. He had a bit of trouble with first 2 jumps. Music is very dramatic. He has really nice flexibility in his back. You can tell he is still young but lots of potential.

Yuzu: simple black costume with kind of skeletal outlines in white. I like it. His program is beautiful. A couple of parts he marked. His skating has just a beautiful easy quality, almost as if he’s a kid playing. Footwork great. His use of arms is so nice - very balletic. Such a huge change from Sochi when his arms were kind of floppy. He did 4S I think, 3A, and 4T-3t? Jumps in program looked good. He did a few quads outside program maybe 4lo? They looked rotated but a bit tilted in air. But landed well.

That's just his UA training gear. You know his costume will be a lot sparklier. :laugh:

All three TCC guys have great SPs!

Yatagarasu

Record Breaker
Such a huge change from Sochi when his arms were kind of floppy.

Noodle boy :laugh:
Thank you so much for the report! Oh and that's definitely not the costume, but his training gear. Believe me, you'll have no doubt it's a costume when you see it later today, he likes his statements.

But ah, all the jumps in the first half. Crazy kid. He's doing exactly what he wants now. I am going to love every moment of this.

Jason's SP is brill! Cha's way better than his FS! I liked a lot of those moments.

Tavi...

Record Breaker
@xeyra, @yatagarasu - so funny, I know what his costumes look like, how did I not realize that was his training gear? :).

TGee

Record Breaker
I wanted to loop back to this question, because we now have video of Jason's FS and indeed there is several leaps. He does one in the beginning of the program, after his 3A-3T around the 1:04 mark. He does one at the end of what looks like is his ChSq around the 1:55 mark of the video I link below. And then he does another leap and then goes right into a twizzle during his main step sequence. The step sequence starts at 3:18. He does his usual Russian spilt at the end of the program.
https://twitter.com/axelsandwich/status/1042858609569345536
Yes, and even in the brief section of Jun's practice we have we see leaps and twizzles.

I'm noticing more twizzles in singles skating this year generally, but Jun seems to be making a statement with them.

Yatagarasu

Record Breaker
I'm going to ignore Yuzuru because no. Just no.

But! On the other hand, great performances from Cha and Jason! I like Jason's SP even more now that we've seen the full program and Cha's is also great, so much better than that free. It was a great start of the season, knock on wood.

rikaquegira

On the Ice
TCC boyz bringing it!!!
Love everything about Jason’s program! He looked confident and he performs soooo well!
And Cha is just wonderful! He’s getting better and better! I like his Lutz combo! He moves so well and it’s a joy to watch him!
Yuzuru is Yuzuru. Nothing more to say.

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Just wow for the TCC men. Just wow

I never expected that level of performance in their first competition:2thumbs: