Toronto Cricket, Skating and Curling Club | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Toronto Cricket, Skating and Curling Club

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Hope Med gets to go to a lot of K-pop concerts -- Toronto is a pretty popular destination for K-pop groups touring aborad.

Figure 8's

On the Ice
I am very excited for Evgenia to train with Orser. He should be able to bring out the best with her lyrical style. Brave of her to make a big move like this. But I am predicting it will be a very successful move.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Her English is already pretty good but it’s most likely going to get much better in Toronto. :cool14:

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
BTW, I don't know that Conrad Orzel is actually being coached by Brian. I mean I'm sure he'll work with him some since he's at TCC. He hasn't updated his ISU bio since switching coaches, but on this year's Skate Canada Next Gen team, his coach is listed as Lee Barkell. Whereas Stephen Gogolev's coaches on that are listed as Brian Orser and Lee Barkell.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
On topic: Zhenya is leaving for Canada on June 16!

Dear Jason: Please be ready on June 16 with your welcome wagon of bagged milk and something from Tim Hortons. :biggrin:

Also that’s like 7 hours from now in Russia!

Last edited:

IceBallerina

On the Ice
Reading this thread has gave me a good laugh, we have discussed everything from bagged milk to IKEA furniture. You guys are amazing :laugh::luv17:

Pippuripihvi

Final Flight
I really hope that her adjustment in Canada goes well. I'm more worried about her accommodation and daily commutes because these can be the trickiest things for any newcomer anywhere Many places in Canada aren't accessible without a car (no free shuttle buses from subway to Ikea :disapp:) and renting a place remotely is a huge challenge. I hope someone at TCC will help her family to get settled and will provide help in how to get IDs, credit cards, insurance, and all that stuff. In my experience it's more challenging than anything and really time consuming.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
I really hope that her adjustment in Canada goes well. I'm more worried about her accommodation and daily commutes because these can be the trickiest things for any newcomer anywhere Many places in Canada aren't accessible without a car (no free shuttle buses from subway to Ikea :disapp:) and renting a place remotely is a huge challenge. I hope someone at TCC will help her family to get settled and will provide help in how to get IDs, credit cards, insurance, and all that stuff. In my experience it's more challenging than anything and really time consuming.

even for a Canadian moving/residing in different provinces it can be difficult... as many of the things switch from province to province like health care, driving license, banks etc... I had to "start from scratch" within the same country a couple times already.

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
New Thread! New Thread! Evgenia is on a plane to Canada! Is she watching an inflight movie? Does she have enough leg room? Did she get a complimentary pillow? Is she eating the inflight meal?

The TTC in Toronto is excellent so I'm sure Evgenia will be able to get around. Failing that there is always uber or lyft.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
New Thread! New Thread! Evgenia is on a plane to Canada! Is she watching an inflight movie? Does she have enough leg room? Did she get a complimentary pillow? Is she eating the inflight meal?

The TTC in Toronto is excellent so I'm sure Evgenia will be able to get around. Failing that there is always uber or lyft.

you know that she is tiny right? I wouldn't worry about leg room LOL...