Toronto Cricket, Skating and Curling Club | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Toronto Cricket, Skating and Curling Club

moriel

Record Breaker
I think she'll stay as long as Evgenia stays in Canada, but I have no idea about her job. Perhaps she still can work for the same company from Canada, depending on the job it might be possible.

I am not sure how it will work with Zhenya's mom, because she would need a visa to be in Canada, which is not entirely trivial.
She could probably stay a couple of months as a tourist to help Zhenya to settle quite easily, but other than that...

LucyH

On the Ice
I am not sure how it will work with Zhenya's mom, because she would need a visa to be in Canada, which is not entirely trivial.
She could probably stay a couple of months as a tourist to help Zhenya to settle quite easily, but other than that...

Yeah that’s why I was thinking that her mom’s stay was temporary to help with the transition but ultimately she will be living either on her own or living with a host family

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Maybe it's in the car. ;)

That's nice of him to pick her (and her mom?) from the airport!

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Evgenia speaks pretty decent English at this point! I was impressed with how far she came when I watched that one Japanese news segment.

TGee

Record Breaker
Hi TGee, do you have a link for these more recent interviews you mentioned? I'm a Zhenya fan, but I seem to have missed them...
I believe it was in Russian articles. The Russian media interviewed him directly.

I'm looking for them, but most were linked in the original coaching change thread.

TGee

Record Breaker
Well, Brian's mentioned the parents of other skaters being in Toronto for extended periods.

So, it sounds as though it's possible. Especially as they would not be seen as trying to stay indefinitely.

However consular services aren't in place between the two countries. It may be trickier than for Japan.

Lubov had to go to the US to tryout with Dylan to start. And it took 6 weeks to get a visa for Canada. Since Zhenya's move has been planned ahead, this is clearly in place.

But her mother will have to come to Canada separately one would think.

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
deleted

because of course it had already been posted:biggrin:

But what doesn't seem to have been posted is Conrad Orzel's comment on Jason's IG post:

"conradorzel🔥🔥"

I guess he'll need to bring the bagged milk ;)

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
deleted

because of course it had already been posted:biggrin:

But what doesn't seem to have been posted is Conrad Orzel's comment on Jason's IG post:

"conradorzel🔥🔥"

I guess he'll need to bring the bagged milk ;)

my son (conrad) is a man of very little words and a lot of 🔥🔥

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Wait, Jason can speak Russian?

I don't think so. But Evgenia can speak OK English. Besides, there is no language barrier when the language is SUNSHINE AND HAPPINESS (or something like that). :laugh:

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
People are happy that Jason gave Zhenya a warm welcome. Not a terrible thing to talk about.

Last edited:

moriel

Record Breaker
Well, Brian's mentioned the parents of other skaters being in Toronto for extended periods.

So, it sounds as though it's possible. Especially as they would not be seen as trying to stay indefinitely.

However consular services aren't in place between the two countries. It may be trickier than for Japan.

Lubov had to go to the US to tryout with Dylan to start. And it took 6 weeks to get a visa for Canada. Since Zhenya's move has been planned ahead, this is clearly in place.

But her mother will have to come to Canada separately one would think.

Well, afaik... For people from most countries, I suppose it is fairly doable to stay in Canada up to 6 months.
Longer stay may be trickier / not doable. Maybe it could be easier for underage skaters to get their parents to stay longer, but that does not apply.

This is why my guess is that Zhenya's mom will stay there for a couple of months, until Zhenya has everything sorted out, a place to live, furniture, healthcare and so on, whatever may require some additional support, and then leave.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
did i say it was??? i was joking because too many threads have shipped too many skaters this summer.... that's all... and i am not a fan...

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
I edited my post accordingly. I'm not a fan of shipping either, but now that you said it... :laugh:

moriel

Record Breaker
ok i hope this thread doesn't go from bagged milk to dill to buckwheat to shipping jason and zhenya.... i know there is a heat wave but... yeah...

:sarcasm:

offseason is not over yet, everything can happen :dev2:
You know, maybe Yuzuru was just a decoy and Zhenya and Jason planned all this to be together =P