Toronto Cricket, Skating and Curling Club | Page 70 | Golden Skate

Toronto Cricket, Skating and Curling Club

Haleth

On the Ice
Tracy is almost certainly there (Paige is in Mexico and Ghislain is in Lithuania with Joseph). Someone has to make sure that A Certain Someone is not jumping unsupervised 4As before the juniors. :devil:

Conrad and Bruce are once again doing silly InstaLives. From this we learn that they believe Jun's hair outweighs any of their fashion attempts, Conrad wants to major in business whereas Bruce is interested in fashion design and something else, and that Conrad is a Very Good Driver. I'm afraid I missed the answer to whether they'd ever skate to the Naruto OST, so I apologize Naruto fans.

On a sadder note, Joseph was beating himself up about his SP on his Instastory. Noooooooo Joseph, listen to Ghislain! Rome was not built in a day.

Yoa

On the Ice
https://www.instagram.com/p/BneFMQDAxak/?taken-by=team_orser A VERY short snippet of Evgenia's SP. I like it so far :biggrin:

And some photos with Evgenia, Brian, David and Tatiana Tarasova from Russian test skates: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. So Brian is going to carry Luna around :laugh:

I love Origin so much already :love: But I don't know when Yuzuru plans to breath... :slink: And it looks like he is totally ignoring the "only last 3 jumping passes get second half bonus" rule :laugh2: I haven't seen it before but Jeff Buttley was also at TCC during media day.

Yatagarasu

Record Breaker
One thing about Origin is that it looks really packed, much like LGC was. Any mistake there can be costly.
It also reminds me of him saying it is more difficult now that they've had to compress it all due to the 30sec cut and how it is more difficult/tough to skate now cause it makes the program busy. Boy, does it! That is going to require some stamina, especially considering it goes combo,combo, 3A at the very end.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Also, he's really planning to do a 4Lo with like no setup? He starts the program and bang there's the Loop.

Yatagarasu

Record Breaker
Also, he's really planning to do a 4Lo with like no setup? He starts the program and bang there's the Loop.

Yes! :laugh:
There is a successful attempt from earlier, I can probably find it for you, and I've been boggling ever since. It's almost no set up, just bang, 4Lo. I don't even know. How?!

His 3A set ups are also super short, so I've been wondering if he's decided to cut everything as much as he can, especially if he really does want the 4A as an opening jump which, Yuzuru or not, cannot have a short set up.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Yes! :laugh:
There is a successful attempt from earlier, I can probably find it for you, and I've been boggling ever since. It's almost no set up, just bang, 4Lo. I don't even know. How?!

His 3A set ups are also super short, so I've been wondering if he's decided to cut everything as much as he can, especially if he really does want the 4A as an opening jump which, Yuzuru or not, cannot have a short set up.

That's interesting. Yuzu always upping the ante. :) I hope you find that clip!

Also I like the program. I kind of dig the drama and knight-in-shining-armor vibe of it. I don't even know if that's a good way to describe it. But there's some nice strength in there.

TGee

Record Breaker
One thing about Origin is that it looks really packed, much like LGC was. Any mistake there can be costly.
It also reminds me of him saying it is more difficult now that they've had to compress it all due to the 30sec cut and how it is more difficult/tough to skate now cause it makes the program busy. Boy, does it! That is going to require some stamina, especially considering it goes combo,combo, 3A at the very end.
The detail, the constant changes in body position and vertical height are amazing. The jumps are in the context of a complete flow of movement and not punctuation.

But it's not intricacy for its own sake, it's speaking to the music at a different level.

Very much looking forward to this. Thanks for persuading me to work through the video. [emoji253][emoji254][emoji816][emoji890][emoji257][emoji255][emoji272][emoji258][emoji259]🥀

xeyra

Constant state
Record Breaker

If we're going by the video posted, I believe that's his 3Lo, which comes right after the pause at the end of his step sequence. We can see it at around 4:26 that how he ends his step sequence is how he begins his entry into the 3Lo.

Yoa

On the Ice

Well, I knew he wouldn't make it easy for himself... It's Yuzuru. Nothing surprising. I just hope he is working hard on his stamina.
I think I will prepare myself for the first pancake at ACI :p Just in case.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
If we're going by the video posted, I believe that's his 3Lo, which comes right after the pause at the end of his step sequence. We can see it at around 4:26 that how he ends his step sequence is how he begins his entry into the 3Lo.

I'm referring to the first jumping pass from the time stamp of the video. It's a 3Lo in the video--but I find it hard to believe he just starts with a 3Lo.

Oh wait, is the video actually several clips of his FS (including some that are the exact same but different angles?)? Maybe that's why I'm confused.

Last edited:

TGee

Record Breaker
Well, I knew he wouldn't make it easy for himself... It's Yuzuru. Nothing surprising. I just hope he is working hard on his stamina.
I think I will prepare myself for the first pancake at ACI [emoji14] Just in case.
What would ACI be without Yuzuru adding in some crazy technical thing earlier than Brian would prefer?!!

xeyra

Constant state
Record Breaker
I'm referring to the first jumping pass from the time stamp of the video. It's a 3Lo in the video--but I find it hard to believe he just starts with a 3Lo.

Oh wait, is the video actually several clips of his FS (including some that are the exact same but different angles?)? Maybe that's why I'm confused.

Yes, that 3Lo is not the beginning of his FS but comes after the step sequence, so it's not his actual 4Lo. The video editing just used a lot of different clips from different times so it can be a bit confusing to piece the program together.

Yoa

On the Ice

Here you can see the same steps he did before 3Lo at the beginning of the video. But this time he doesn't jump :) So that 3Lo is after StSq