Toronto Cricket, Skating and Curling Club | Page 71 | Golden Skate

Toronto Cricket, Skating and Curling Club

Amef

Final Flight
Is it normal that this already makes me emotional? I mean... He’s so freaking special!! It’s unbelievable what he does... Amazing!
He has much more transitions and busier steps this time around which really heightens the emotions of the program.

Yatagarasu

Record Breaker
The detail, the constant changes in body position and vertical height are amazing. The jumps are in the context of a complete flow of movement and not punctuation.

But it's not intricacy for its own sake, it's speaking to the music at a different level.

Very much looking forward to this. Thanks for persuading me to work through the video. [emoji253][emoji254][emoji816][emoji890][emoji257][emoji255][emoji272][emoji258][emoji259]🥀

:luv17: Ah thank you!
I am thrilled with everything we see! Also the choreo sequence is sort of throwing me for a loop because where does that 3A fit, exactly? It relates to what you said, about the jumps in general.

But I have to mention Shae. The work she has been doing with Yuzuru is phenomenal. It is of course something when you have a skater that can actually do something like this, and of course, he's very involved, but Shae has been doing amazing work (with more than just Yuzuru's programs of course). Seimei, H&L and now Origin, it keeps getting better and better.

Can't wait for the SP which seems to have be somewhat blacklisted, we've gotten almost nothing from it.

In re to Zhenya, her spin has improved somewhat, from that quick video. Nice. Still work to be done but nice. Can't wait to see the whole thing, especially the Axel.

@MrsP - I've seen the 4Lo somewhere way at the beginning too, I'll try and dig it up!

Haleth

On the Ice
So excited to hear the news of Yuzu and Zhenya's new programs :yahoo:, Rohene's presence, and so much more. I look forward as well to hearing more about Javi's new SP he comes to TO after the JO to choreograph it.

I wonder when certain other gentlemen *coughcough* are going to reveal their unannounced programs? It's been a crazy summer, but I think Jason's FS and Jun's programs are still unannounced? (If I'm wrong I have a hat here I'll be happy to munch on)

Sending out support to Joseph after his rough skates :console: Glad to see he wants to move on and grow!

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Is it normal that this already makes me emotional? I mean... He’s so freaking special!! It’s unbelievable what he does... Amazing!

Absolutely :luv17: Mind you, I did try - after watching Yuzu several times over - to catch glimpses of the others, especially Jason and Jun-hwan (and did I see Gabby skate past?) But it's hard, the eyes keep getting drawn back.

(it did occur to me while watching Yuzu - he has said no more chasing scores per se, he is skating for himself, and it therefore looks like Origin is even more packed and complex, and this reminded me of what a commentator said about the NHK Seimei, he never got it right till be stuck in more quads - then he went perfect. Yuzu does like to skim the razor-sharp edge....)

I look forward as well to hearing more about Javi's new SP he comes to TO after the JO to choreograph it.

I wonder when certain other gentlemen *coughcough* are going to reveal their unannounced programs? It's been a crazy summer, but I think Jason's FS and Jun's programs are still unannounced? (If I'm wrong I have a hat here I'll be happy to munch on)

They are all being ninjas, someone is a bad influence :laugh:

Sending out support to Joseph after his rough skates :console: Glad to see he wants to move on and grow!

At least he's in a good place for support and reassurance, Brian and the team have shown over the years how good they are at getting skaters past bad skates...

TGee

Record Breaker
On the apparent variations in vertical height in TCC skaters programs this season.

I've been thinking about this ever since I read your comment. I actually did notice there were more hops in both Conrad's, and Yuzuru's, or what we have seen of it, programs. Yuzuru has quite a few of those. I'd have to rewatch Gogolev though. I think we'll know more once we see Zhenya and Jason's FS, as all of those were done by DW. It's certainly making the programs more dynamic, personally I love the change but it is also making them more difficult.

The atypical hydroblade is squished due to it being the SP but even the FS one is shorter than what we're used to. Yuzuru actually talked about, and I find this very interesting in general, the 4min program being more difficult than the 4.30 min program. Even when one triple pass is cut, I believe he said that takes 10sec, it still means the rest needs to be squished and it makes the program busier and tougher to skate.

We've seen Zhenya's SP and a very early FS (not really a choreographed program according to Brian in an interview with Russian media).

I see a bit of the vertical change. There is a short slide in the FS step sequence. But neither of these programs are as dense as Yuzuru's look to be. But they have had very little time working with her and an ambitious agenda given that she is still rehabilitating.

Regarding Jason, the programs were done before he arrived at TCC. But Rohene has been up in the past week, which suggests that Tracy was seeking some changes from Rohene himself rather than having someone local tweak the programs.

katmari

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Regarding Jason, the programs were done before he arrived at TCC. But Rohene has been up in the past week, which suggests that Tracy was seeking some changes from Rohene himself rather than having someone local tweak the programs.

Rohene did the choreography for Jason's SP but David Wilson did the FS after Jason arrived at TCC. At least that's what the plan was when Jason moved to Toronto to train at TCC. Do you know anything different? (The music still hasn't been announced for the FS.)

Re: Rohene's visit ... Rohene and Jason have worked together for a number of years so it's not unusual that Rohene would check in with Jason for a follow up session after Jason's had some time to work on the program. There may also have been suggestions for changes to Jason's programs when he presented them at Champs Camp. Unfortunately, no one from TCC attended the camp with him. Jason would have communicated any requested changes to David/Tracy/Rohene when he returned to TCC and then the decision may have been made to tweak the program(s).

Yatagarasu

Record Breaker

Just the Short. As katmari said, the Free was done by DW, after he arrived so that's still on the table.
With Zhenya, considering everything, we're definitely going to have to wait but since there are so many things happening with her skating, they may not go for the 'full experience' this time around even once the program has evolved properly. It could end up being a case of too much, too soon.

Jason't still might not end up being as dense as Yuzuru's, and I'd bet on it actually, but we might see the same characteristics anyway. Pity we've seen nothing of Jason's SP before Rohene fiddled with it. I always like seeing how they change if possible. I wonder if it wasn't so much the Champs Camp feedback as much as TCC peeps themselves who asked for some adjustments.
And we forgot, but of course, there's still Cha who hasn't shown either of his programs, nor do we know what they are. He'll also be at ACI.

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
According to interviews, Jason is accustomed to constant (as in sometimes daily) feedback from Rohene, back when they were both at 7k. In fact, I bet he feels odd that he does not have that kind of feedback now.

He’ll feel right at home with David there full time.:biggrin:

Tavi...

Record Breaker
Just the Short. As katmari said, the Free was done by DW, after he arrived so that's still on the table.
With Zhenya, considering everything, we're definitely going to have to wait but since there are so many things happening with her skating, they may not go for the 'full experience' this time around even once the program has evolved properly. It could end up being a case of too much, too soon.

Jason't still might not end up being as dense as Yuzuru's, and I'd bet on it actually, but we might see the same characteristics anyway. Pity we've seen nothing of Jason's SP before Rohene fiddled with it. I always like seeing how they change if possible. I wonder if it wasn't so much the Champs Camp feedback as much as TCC peeps themselves who asked for some adjustments.
And we forgot, but of course, there's still Cha who hasn't shown either of his programs, nor do we know what they are. He'll also be at ACI.

First, I was able to work things out at my job, and I’m going to ACI for sure!

Second, TSL discusses Zhenya in some detail. Doug Haw is their guest. He said he spoke to Brian and that Zhenya was really nervous and forgot the first half of her FS and ended up in the wrong place in the rink - that’s at least partly why it seemed empty

He also briefly discussed the edge class in the context of her improving skating skills and basically mentioned all the elite senior skaters except Jason. ☹️

As to Jason’s programs, obviously we don’t know much about this year’s, but he has historically had pretty dense programs, though perhaps slightly less so in the past couple of seasons as he tried to add the quad. Here are a couple of early programs - obviously he’s not doing anything close to Yuzuru’s jump content:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=cRznue2sI80

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0xAG9G_m_IM

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=G94pHGvq3Fs

blue_ice

On the Ice
Doug Haw is their guest. He said he spoke to Brian and that Zhenya was really nervous and forgot the first half of her FS and ended up in the wrong place in the rink
The Russians are furious about his comment and gossips he is spreading https://www.sports.ru/figure-skating/1066841382.html
One of the comments from that article "Doug Haw, you an old bag gossiper, who couldn't raise even one world figure skater. You can only train little kids and GOSSIP from your bedroom"

Tavi...

Record Breaker
The Russians are furious about his comment and gossips he is spreading https://www.sports.ru/figure-skating/1066841382.html
One of the comments from that article "Doug Haw, you an old bag gossiper, who couldn't raise even one world figure skater. You can only train little kids and GOSSIP from your bedroom"

Isn’t that website known to be full of people who post nasty things? I’m sure not all “Russians” feel the same way, just like all “Americans” don’t.

In any case, I’m not sure what exactly they’re furious about, but Zhenya herself said she was nervous and forgot the program.

Yoa

On the Ice
I was rewatching Yuzuru's media day videos and I noticed that Stephen is wearing gloves with Irene. Irene is a mascot of Ice Rink Sendai, the place where Yuzuru used to train. Ice Rink Sendai sells goods with Irene for charity. So Stephen probably got those gloves from Yuzuru :biggrin: Elizabet Tursynbaeva got one pair too. Evgenia is also using the same gloves but she probably bought it during some competition/ice show in Japan. Maybe one day Jason, Gabby and Jun will get one pair too.

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I was rewatching Yuzuru's media day videos and I noticed that Stephen is wearing gloves with Irene. Irene is a mascot of Ice Rink Sendai, the place where Yuzuru used to train. Ice Rink Sendai sells goods with Irene for charity. So Stephen probably got those gloves from Yuzuru :biggrin: Elizabet Tursynbaeva got one pair too. Evgenia is also using the same gloves but she probably bought it during some competition/ice show in Japan. Maybe one day Jason, Gabby and Jun will get one pair too.

Cute.

But I HAAAAAAATEEEE man gloves. With a passion. Sorry:biggrin:

So if Jason gets his pair, I hope he keeps them in his locker:laugh:

cruzceleste

Record Breaker
Isn’t that website known to be full of people who post nasty things? I’m sure not all “Russians” feel the same way, just like all “Americans” don’t.

In any case, I’m not sure what exactly they’re furious about, but Zhenya herself said she was nervous and forgot the program.

The crying part for sure.

In the translation I saw from Evgenia from the test skate she said she cryed because of overwhelmed about how many things she have to improve, Doug, If I understand, say because it was the best day of ther skater life, and Tracy and Borse were so understanding (contrary to "evil abusing" Eteri)...

I wish he wouldn´t have taking upon himself to discussed Evgenia´s situation, Brian and Evgenia do have to bring support from Russia for them, and here comes Doug (I have no idea who he is, and why does he thinks he needs to talk about behind the scenes in TCC) talking how "she cryed because it was the best day of her skater carrier"... reigniting the "fight" between Eteri and Borser.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Random Question: Do the skaters ever get to play Cricket and if so is there video or photos? :p

Haleth

On the Ice
Curling, you say?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZSiICrIIQU

Not at TCC though lol

ETA:
I've seen photos of when the rink space at TCC has been prepped for curling, but I've not seen pictures of any curling attempts (though who would be surprised if there was horsing around by skaters since they use that space?). I've not heard of cricket attempts, but perhaps someone else can chime in on either being attempted by Team Cricket at TCC.