Toronto Cricket, Skating and Curling Club | Page 79 | Golden Skate

Toronto Cricket, Skating and Curling Club

Alexz

Medalist
Country
United-States
I'm gonna put this at Eteri's thread too. Coaches are not machines, they are alive human beings, they get very nervous too, they bite their lips, they kick and scream about God and Jesus, they suffer with every fall and notice every mistake. Respect to all coaches.

https://youtu.be/EOEJUK6llzk

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
For those who want to just skip to Brian in the above vid, he starts at about 4:30.

I love the different Brian cams, he’s so adorable. He does the same for all his “kids” and you can tell how proud he is of all of them:agree:

el henry

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Shingo Nishiyama announced that he would do men's single and ice dance from this year, he said he would try to do his best in both. His partner seems to be Utana Yoshida, she had already skated with him in the training camp a few days ago. I personally feel this is good decision and wish him good luck :)

https://www.instagram.com/p/BsD2tJFB...d=7sflp8e5ovb0

Wow, I saw this in the other thread (this particular link does not work for me:( )

I do not read Japanese, does Shingo intend to train for ice dance at TCC? From what little I saw of him, he certainly has performance chops to spare, and Japan could use a few more competitive ice dancers.

yude

Record Breaker
Wow, I saw this in the other thread (this particular link does not work for me:( )

I do not read Japanese, does Shingo intend to train for ice dance at TCC? From what little I saw of him, he certainly has performance chops to spare, and Japan could use a few more competitive ice dancers.

I hope this link will work, I am sorry that I posted the wrong link (I'm going to fix my first post).

https://www.instagram.com/p/BsD2tJFBd-M/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=7sflp8e5ovb0

As far as I know, he has not stated any coaching change, and in this post he also said training in Canada made him choose to do this. So I am guessing he'll keep practicing at TCC but we'll see :)

el henry

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I hope this link will work, I am sorry that I posted the wrong link (I'm going to fix my first post).

https://www.instagram.com/p/BsD2tJFBd-M/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=7sflp8e5ovb0

As far as I know, he has not stated any coaching change, and in this post he also said training in Canada made him choose to do this. So I am guessing he'll keep practicing at TCC but we'll see :)

:thank:

Interesting I saw in the Japanese men’s thread that a poster said that Ghislain told the poster at Helsinki that if you don’t get quads by 18, you won’t get them. I guess if that conversation is true, he is not working with Jason:laugh:

skateflake

On the Ice
I think the show Kim's Convenience is supposed to have a new 4th season. Since it is about a Korean family in Toronto, I think they should ask Junhwan Cha to be in an episode! Or why not film a visit to the TCC and have cameos of all the skaters?! Wish there were a media campaign for this.

(Many thanks to Mrs. P for telling us about this show on Netflix.)

el henry

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I may be wrong but a skater at the left is possibly another skater, I wonder who he is but I have no doubt he has talent :biggrin:

Thank you; I don’t know either and took a guess.;)

But yes, whoever he is, talent:agree:

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
I may be wrong but a skater at the left is possibly another skater, I wonder who he is but I have no doubt he has talent :biggrin:

I don't know his name, but he's Canadian. He's in Conrad's picture of all the Canadian nationals competitors from Cricket.

Others in that picture are:
- Stephen Gogolev
- Joseph Phan
- Alison Schumacher
- Corey Circelli (Jr men, and Jr dance)
- Olivia McIsaac (Jr dance with Corey) - she's tagged, but not pictured
- Natalie D'Alessandro (Jr dance and Jr women)
- Bruce Waddell (Jr dance and Jr women)
- Brandon Toste (novice men*)
* He does junior pairs with Brooke McIntosh, but they don't train pairs at TCC

Missing from the picture would be Gabby Daleman, who has confirmed she'll go to Nationals. Evgenia left a comment wishing them good luck, and Jason said "Almost all of my fav Canadians in one pic!".

el henry

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
deleted because Snow White already said it:biggrin:

Last edited:

ice coverage

Record Breaker
... Tessa Virtue and Evgenia left comments wishing them good luck ...

Happy to add my own wishes for good luck to one and all at Canadian Nats. :yay:

Side note: Please do not be fooled by "fan"/impostor accounts.

"tessvirtue17" is *not* Tessa Virtue's verified account.

It's great for "tessvirtue17" -- whoever that person is -- to be supportive of Conrad et al. But I absolutely hate :dev2: that people are being duped :eek: into believing that the account belongs to the real Tessa Virtue.

Koatterce

On the Ice
Country
Canada
I don't know his name, but he's Canadian. He's in Conrad's picture of all the Canadian nationals competitors from Cricket.

Others in that picture are:
- Stephen Gogolev
- Joseph Phan
- Alison Schumacher
- Corey Circelli (Jr men, and Jr dance)
- Olivia McIsaac (Jr dance with Corey) - she's tagged, but not pictured
- Natalie D'Alessandro (Jr dance and Jr women)
- Bruce Waddell (Jr dance and Jr women)
- Brandon Toste (novice men*)
* He does junior pairs with Brooke McIntosh, but they don't train pairs at TCC

Missing from the picture would be Gabby Daleman, who has confirmed she'll go to Nationals. Tessa Virtue and Evgenia left comments wishing them good luck, and Jason said "Almost all of my fav Canadians in one pic!".

it's Rio Morita (novice men)