Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

Thread: UPDATE: Medvedeva is in Toronto

Medalist

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by 4everchan View Post
    i have never used scissors to cut bagged milk... i used a serrated knife..

my brother would gross me out : he would open them with his teeth... and have a few sips directly from the bag.... ugh... we needed to have two pitchers as... one for him and one for civil people
    Scissors only for me. Any attempt with a knife ends up with a bag of milk spraying hither and yon.

So we have a large collection of dishwasher safe kitchen scissors to open milk bags.

But El Henry knows her stuff. Zhenya definitely is one of the skaters who rely on tape to keep her laces from coming down...

https://www.alamy.com/stock-photo-ev...174358889.html

Medalist

2 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by StitchMonkey View Post
    Do you'll have like 2 cup size bagged milk up there? I very rarely use milk to the point that i try to do most cooking with canned/powdered. I just find it goes bad before i get a drunken urge to cook/bake something with milk so i stopped trying to stock it - too much waste. I would love to have some small cheap last long bags to toss in the fridge for sudden urges.
    Canada has its eccentricity on milk...

(Amazing that there are any bagged milk questions yet unanswered... )

We may not be the only country with bagged milk, but we have found a "Canadian compromise" that defies logic but works.

3 bags of fresh 1 and 1/3 litres each bundled and sold as 4 litres...a bit shy of the old Imperial gallon that we had before Canada went metric 50 years ago...

Smaller amounts of fresh milk are still sold in waxed cardboard cartons ranging from 250 ml to 2 litres.

Long life UHT milk is sold in 1 litre tetrapaks and 200 ml lunch size drinking boxes. I'm still astonished that our kids will drink this...

Medalist

2 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by BillNeal View Post
    Serrated knife?! Teeth??? You and your bro need the right tool, the snippit (thanks ancientpeas for the informative video )
    Sigh...

Another way for me to spray milk over the kitchen and/or cut a finger.

Dishwasher safe scissors for me...

Medalist

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by el henry View Post
    The "JustB" salon in Toronto has taken care of much of Jason's hair this weekend; it's now sort of a bob.

I'm surprised Zhenya recognized him at the airport
    He's been wearing a baseball cap..

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17