Toronto Cricket, Skating and Curling Club | Page 10 | Golden Skate

Toronto Cricket, Skating and Curling Club

TGee

Record Breaker
So we know that at least Zhenya's eating blue candy here in Canada :p
Wow...better living through chemistry candy, and she's not even in the sugar obsessed region of North America...

(Eastern Ontario and Quebec have that crown... when Hershey's had their Smith Falls plant in Eastern Ontario, it made some scary sweet regional speciality products)

Perhaps a period of snack rebellion is underway for Zhenya...

Or the novelty of a training centre with unhealthy snacks on offer is to novel to resist giving it a try...

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Perhaps a period of snack rebellion is underway for Zhenya...

Or the novelty of a training centre with unhealthy snacks on offer is to novel to resist giving it a try...

She’s been known to attack chocolate snacks for a long time ;)

🍫Click Here🍫

My favorite part was when Wakababy’s translator just pushed the candy to her because he could tell she was on a serious chocolate mission. Even the camera guy zoomed in :laugh:

🍫Click Here 🍫

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Bagged milk is so far the most interesting part of the thread, since there are barely any news about Zhenya.

There’s an enormous amount of news for someone who’s just started training, thanks in part to our reporter Jason;)

I thank the mods for their decision to separate out, once again, the food posts:pray: where they may live a long and happy life for those who wish to contribute :agree:

50 Words for Snow

Final Flight
Country
United-States

🍫Click Here🍫

My favorite part was when Wakababy’s translator just pushed the candy to her because he could tell she was on a serious chocolate mission. Even the camera guy zoomed in :laugh:

🍫Click Here 🍫
Oh man, that look on Zhenya's face at 13:55! I'm dying! :laugh2: TFW You're an elite athlete on a strict diet and training regimen, but there's some chocolate RIGHT THERE! :rofl:

OniBan

Final Flight

🍫Click Here🍫

🍫Click Here 🍫

You can even hear someone (close to the camera to pick it up i think XD) whisper 'She likes the chocolates' at around 14:15 😂

esteticlove

Final Flight
I mean.....she stopped doing that long ago :laugh: or are you talking about her training outfits?

Yes, exactly. Evgenia puts her tights in her boots since the beginning of 2016/2017 season :) She had the half tights over the boot in her late junior years and in her first senior one

frallik

Match Penalty
siberian:bang:habits - my grandma taught:coffee:me that to eat:eeking:eek:n the street is indecent & sometimes even:eek:topic:dangerous for health

TGee

Record Breaker
I agree, greetings from Siberia.:смех:
Cheers to Siberia

Our relatives from the Russian Far East and Ukraine had the same rule, but it was on the grounds of hospitality;

Never eat in front of anyone that you're not willing to feed yourself.....

And at certain times and in certain places eating in front of poor and hungry people was not only lacking empathy but just plainly dangerous.

Eating in the street can thus be viewed as a sign of general social affluence....one expects that others can feed themselves...

frallik

Match Penalty
Cheers to Siberia
Our relatives from the Russian Far East and Ukraine had the same rule, but it was on the grounds of hospitality;
Never eat in front of anyone that you're not willing to feed yourself.....
And at certain times and in certain places eating in front of poor and hungry people was not only lacking empathy but just plainly dangerous.
Eating in the street can thus be viewed as a sign of general social affluence....one expects that others can feed themselves...
Grandma:pray:prefers to feed us home-cooked:love:food. She says you never know what the food is made:shocked:eek:f on the streets:slink:...

katmari

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Toronto is new to Jason Brown too and he spent last Saturday doing some exploring. In an instastory about his adventure, he included a welcome for Evgenia:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DfRgbCqX0AAvclD.jpg

Check out Jason's instastory for today ... He included his welcome to Zhenya from two weeks ago and added a new photo ... Jason and Zhenya standing in front of a sightseeing Toronto bus with the caption, "2 weeks later still can't believe we are both here." If you are out and about in Toronto today, you might catch a glimpse of Jason and Zhenya on a tourist bus. :biggrin:

ETA:

The photos have been extracted to twitter:
https://twitter.com/eRika_1213/status/1010995318723305472

TGee

Record Breaker
Grandma:pray:prefers to feed us home-cooked:love:food. She says you never know what the food is made:shocked:eek:f on the streets:slink:...
And grandma has mysterious powers to place a homecooked meal in front of you in under 20 minutes no matter when you pop in unexpectedly. . .

The better to encourage you to avoid temptation elsewhere. . .