Toronto Cricket, Skating and Curling Club | Page 13 | Golden Skate

Toronto Cricket, Skating and Curling Club

sun110

Final Flight
My recollection is that in the past we've seen photos and gifs of this rink (with boards) with pairs skaters or seminars with younger skaters.

However, Brian alluded to the elite senior singles skaters training on a second rink this season, so it sounds as though they've redone the TCC ice schedule.

Hopefully Boyang gets to practice more on the main rink (the one without board) :biggrin:

50 Words for Snow

Final Flight
Country
United-States
I don't know what Canada you are living in, Maybe plainclothes they are not as easy to recognize but Stars on Ice this year was a sold-out show in Toronto at the ACC which seats almost 20,000 people. Many of my peers went to go watch and they know of Evgenia from watching the Olympics. Also, not all figure skaters have huge social media following as the older generation typically don't have instagram, facebook etc.

Oh, I don't know. I'm 54, and I have Facebook and Instagram, and so do most of my friends. In fact, most young people I know on Facebook hardly use it; it isn't cool because of all the old folks on it. It's more Snapchat and Tumblr that is the domain of the youth than Facebook or Instagram.

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I love the new title of the thread, but it does sound a variety show or an album;)

And I hope that Gabby may start rivaling Jason for taking photos of "the friends":biggrin:

Haleth

On the Ice
I see Jason has been by Roy Thomson Hall where the TSO plays and to the theatre district, where he checked out what is coming to the Royal Alex. I hope he gets to see DEH next year! Maybe he can convince others from Team Cricket to attend.

Tavi...

Record Breaker
So this was posted on Instagram from the same rink, tagging Zhenya, Gabby, Jason, Nam, Misha Ge, Tracy, Brian, and David Wilson. I wonder if they were all there! You can’t see a lot, but I suppose the orange is Jason. I thought maybe they had an elite class or session:

https://instagram.com/p/BkfgMnNF6wx/

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
I see Jason has been by Roy Thomson Hall where the TSO plays and to the theatre district, where he checked out what is coming to the Royal Alex. I hope he gets to see DEH next year! Maybe he can convince others from Team Cricket to attend.

I think he posted on an IG story that he got tickets and was going or something like that.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
The photo was taken at the non-TCC rink that TCC skaters uses. It wouldn't be surprising there were non-TCC skaters there.

TGee

Record Breaker
Nam? Didn't he leave TCC a while ago? :scratch2:
It could have been a seminar...and it's seminar season... the annual Mariposa seminar is running this week.

In any event, Nam appears to be popping into a few of the high level greater Toronto area clubs.

Nam posted an instagram from what appears to be The Granite Club (managed by Elizabeth Manley) recently.

His ISU bio still lists him at YRSA, but it's not clear where he will be training as far as I can figure.

But generally, it's the time of year when clubs have brief maintenance shutdowns. Some of the private clubs have reciprocal agreements to let skaters train on open/ticket sessions or as guests when the others are on shutdown.

So, seeing elite skaters from another club on a given day may not mean anything.

LRK

Record Breaker
Also Nam did offer to take Evgenia out for sushi (to the chagrin of Javi, whom, apparently, he never has asked;) - Piper noted that he was only interested in the girls;)), so presumably he is (or has been recently) in Toronto.

TGee

Record Breaker
The most recent Nam coaching situation was with Robert Burke in Richmond Hill. https://www.thestar.com/sports/skating/2018/01/11/change-of-direction-grows-on-canadian-nguyen.html

Thanks for the last report.

Yes, Robert Burke is listed in his ISU profile as primary coach, and Richmond Hill as his training site with YRSA as his club.

But we're not seeing him posting much from there.

Still I don't see the occasional postings from sessions at TCC or the Granite Club as signals he's going either place.

So' not considering him in the "and friends" at the TCC ....

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Thanks for the last report.

Yes, Robert Burke is listed in his ISU profile as primary coach, and Richmond Hill as his training site with YRSA as his club.

But we're not seeing him posting much from there.

Still I don't see the occasional postings from sessions at TCC or the Granite Club as signals he's going either place.

So' not considering him in the "and friends" at the TCC ....

I agree that being in the picture doesn't mean he's moving. But I believe Robert Burke is not YRSA. It's RTC (Richmond Training Centre). So he may need to update that. Both are in Richmond Hill.

TGee

Record Breaker
I agree that being in the picture doesn't mean he's moving. But I believe Robert Burke is not YRSA. It's RTC (Richmond Training Centre). So he may need to update that. Both are in Richmond Hill.
Could be that he changed his training site but didn't put through the formal change of club as yet as he was done competing for the season...

1critic

On the Ice
I love how we’ve formed a small community here already.lol

Ah, I want a shot of Zhenya and Jason smiling atop the tour bus!

IceBallerina

On the Ice
I love how we’ve formed a small community here already.lol

Ah, I want a shot of Zhenya and Jason smiling atop the tour bus!

Fans really care about their favorite skaters, and I just like seeing people happy! Which I am very happy that Evgenia and Jason seem to be having a blast.