Toronto Cricket, Skating and Curling Club | Page 14 | Golden Skate

Toronto Cricket, Skating and Curling Club

Daniel1998

Final Flight
i wonder if i would recognize yuzu in jeans and tshirt walking down the street...

my experience : saw Eric walking down the street in montreal (pedestrian street in the gay village) last summer... you could tell that a few of us recognized him as we looked at him... or turned around to see him.... after a glance at that beautiful man ;)

but during the time that I saw him, nobody went to talk to him etc... i think that many Canadians are like that : even if they recognize people, they will give their space.... however at an ice rink, that's different, because they are in their "work environment" so I totally talked to Kaeltyn, who was so gracious, at ACI...

I'm working for the summer at a DQ near my house and last week Piper Gilles came in and I served her.
She was very kind (seemed surprised when I recognized her) and we chatted for a bit before she left.
There were around 10 people in the store, and no one had a clue. Which is not surprising, I guess, given she's not as big a name as someone like Tessa or Patrick, and probably why she seemed surprised too.

Anyway, if I recognized Piper in ordinary clothing (and I don't follow dance too closely), I'm sure you would recognize Yuzu in jeans and t-shirt. :p

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
I'm working for the summer at a DQ near my house and last week Piper Gilles came in and I served her.
She was very kind (seemed surprised when I recognized her) and we chatted for a bit before she left.
There were around 10 people in the store, and no one had a clue. Which is not surprising, I guess, given she's not as big a name as someone like Tessa or Patrick, and probably why she seemed surprised too.

Anyway, if I recognized Piper in ordinary clothing (and I don't follow dance too closely), I'm sure you would recognize Yuzu in jeans and t-shirt. :p

i recognize that you, daniel, have not been around this forum for a long long time... we missed you... we missed celebrating the Queen Kaetlyn's victory with you

hugs... and awesome you got to chat with Piper. She seems so genuine and kind. (and cool!!!)

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
At Sk Can Jeffrey Buttle was sitting 2 rows in front of me. I probably wouldn't have even noticed him, except a (Canadian) lady sitting next to me mentioned that it was him. He looked so different though. He was all dressed up with a sport coat. We mainly noticed him because a couple kids asked him for his autograph.

well... jeff buttle... i would recognize him anytime... :love:

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
So when is Yuzuru expected to return to TCC/go into ninja stealth hiding?

Sorrento

Record Breaker
I honestly don't get why this thread is not merged with Evgenia's Fan Fest. Her move is no longer a news.:think:

KiraraChin

Medalist
I think there's general interest in how Zhenya fares in Toronto, because it's a massive change and the first time for a top Russian lady.

Eteri and Orser are both very famous coaches and utterly different in style, so it's an interesting change for most figure skating fans.

So far we know she's getting along well, has done skating skills and conditioning classes, but no info yet on programs. Hopefully it'll come soon!

sydney

On the Ice
and this is relevant because?

This is very relevant because once Mr.Hanyu is coming back to TCC , our Queen and King of social media will presumably have to tone down quite a bit .
Also through the development of this thread it's not simply about Zhenya moving to Toronto but more about her 'and friends' life in Toronto . That's it . so it's not an off-topic at all.

KiraraChin

Medalist
This is very relevant because once Mr.Hanyu is coming back to TCC , our Queen and King of social media will presumably have to tone down quite a bit .
Also through the development of this thread it's not simply about Zhenya moving to Toronto but more about her 'and friends' life in Toronto . That's it . so it's not an off-topic at all.

I don't know about you, but I'm very grateful for the social media updates. It'll be a real shame if they are be force to "tone down", as you said.

sydney

On the Ice
I don't know about you, but I'm very grateful for the social media updates. It'll be a real shame if they are be force to "tone down", as you said.

Of course whatever they accept to share with us I'm grateful for that too , but here once again the situation is quite 'special' lol

icybear

Medalist

You know the world doesn't revolve around Hanyu. All they are doing is just posting posts of them sightseeing and their training. It's quite normal stuff. I don't see why they need to tone down as long as they're not posting about Hanyu without his permission.

Yoa

On the Ice
So when is Yuzuru expected to return to TCC/go into ninja stealth hiding?

Yuzuru has last 3 shows this weekend and then People's Honor Award ceremony on July 2nd. Assuming that he did all sponsor, media and cm related stuff between ice shows, he should be back in Toronto next week :) I think Yuzu usually starts to train for next season at the beginning of July. Then we will probably see him and his new programs in August during media day at TCC. Usually you can see other TCC skaters in the background of those videos so maybe we will see a glimpse of Jason and Evgenia.