Toronto Cricket, Skating and Curling Club | Page 9 | Golden Skate

Toronto Cricket, Skating and Curling Club

lavenderblossom

Record Breaker
Has she actually said that she was rotating it? I have enormous doubts about that.

Perhaps she was getting close to the quarter mark, but that won't be enough now the language for URs has changed to only less than a quarter benefit of the doubt.

Shayuki

Record Breaker
Perhaps she was getting close to the quarter mark, but that won't be enough now the language for URs has changed to only less than a quarter benefit of the doubt.
I really doubt that. Trusova has massive spring and much faster rotation speed and she still struggles to rotate 4S fully around. Medvedeva also has been physically unable to train the quad for almost a year due to the injury.

It would have had to have been almost immediately after the interview where Medvedeva said that that might be what she could add and I just don't see that.

IceBallerina

On the Ice
"In my practice it was such that I went into a quadruple jump," Medvedeva said, "although I did not leave it, but I fell from a clean, quadruple jump, at the end of last season."
http://tass.ru/sport/5059876

I believe she should work on all her other jumps before attempting quads, learn to jump higher and rotate faster. 4s is very possible for her, edge jumps are her favorite and in my opinion the most beautiful.

Shayuki

Record Breaker
"In my practice it was such that I went into a quadruple jump," Medvedeva said, "although I did not leave it, but I fell from a clean, quadruple jump, at the end of last season."
http://tass.ru/sport/5059876
Hmm, I see. Well, that'll be interesting. It's a bit odd with her interview during the end of last season, though.
I bet the quad was probably heavily pre-rotated. Like most of the other girls quads.
If Shoma Uno's quads are fine, the girls' quads are fine.

Pre-rotation shouldn't matter as long as the minimum number of turns are being done in the air. It should affect the GOE if it's excessively pre-rotated as it's not ideal technique, though.

yoloaxel

Record Breaker
Zhenya: you haven’t seen anything yet
GS forum: IS IT A 4S!!!!!!!
Zhenya: *adds sparkles to her skates*

Shayuki

Record Breaker
Zhenya: you haven’t seen anything yet
GS forum: IS IT A 4S!!!!!!!
Zhenya: *adds sparkles to her skates*
And she's going to hide the sparkles with the half-on tights anyway. :drama:

Actually, I'm generally not a fan of unnecessary stuff like skate-sparkles but if it makes her stop putting her tights over her skates in order to show them off, I'm all for it. :clap:

50 Words for Snow

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Zhenya has just tweeted a teaser that there is more to come on equipment..

She says that if we liked her blades, we hadn't "seen all results of her new skates."

Not clear if this means her boots are different, or if she's talking about the difference her new boots and blades mean to her skating....

Ok... I'm curious...

Yeah, I thought she was talking about her skating and not her boots, but the boots are cool. It's a matter of personal taste. I think they look pretty; some people think it's too much. She likes it, so she wins, because they're her skates, and they're how she wants them. Luckily for me, I agree with her, so I am on the winning team. :cheer:

Lily flowers

On the Ice
And she's going to hide the sparkles with the half-on tights anyway. :drama:

Actually, I'm generally not a fan of unnecessary stuff like skate-sparkles but if it makes her stop putting her tights over her skates in order to show them off, I'm all for it. :clap:

I mean.....she stopped doing that long ago :laugh: or are you talking about her training outfits?