Thread: Vanished posts

0 Not allowed!

Vanished posts

Hi, one or two of my posts from the World Cup thread in Le Café have vanished. I tried loging in and out in different devices, and they seem like gone. Any idea of what happened? Someone else has this problem?

#WeAllWeGot#WeAllWeNeed el henry's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by ines42575 View Post
    Hi, one or two of my posts from the World Cup thread in Le Café have vanished. I tried loging in and out in different devices, and they seem like gone. Any idea of what happened? Someone else has this problem?
    I also am missing a post from the Jason Fan Fest. In fact, there are several posts from the Fan Fest that are missing, and many were IMO quite innocuous.

I also tried different browsers and different devices.

Ghosties and gremlins

ETA: but I don't want to repost in case there was something wrong I don't know about

avatar credit: @miyan5605 ice coverage's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
    Seems that a number of threads have missing posts?

At least two of my posts in The Edge from this afternoon/evening have vanished.

- One in Artistic competition/Broadmoor thread (re Peggy Fleming Trophy).

- And one of mine in U.S. Men thread. [In addition, I can see that at least three posts from others are missing there.]

ETA:

In the Jason fan thread, a post of mine from today still is there. But I had gone back to make an itty-bitty revision (well before any posts vanished) -- and the revision has vanished.

0 Not allowed!
    Me four? (one on the Yuzu thread)

Can we just redo them?

Celebrating Golden Skate's 18th Anniversary gsk8's Avatar

2 Not allowed!
    We are looking into this. Apparently there was a server migration today. Feel free to repost.

Bona Fide Member

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by ice coverage View Post
    Seems that a number of threads have missing posts?

At least two of my posts in The Edge from this afternoon/evening have vanished.

- One in Artistic competition/Broadmoor thread (re Peggy Fleming Trophy).

- And one of mine in U.S. Men thread. [In addition, I can see that at least three posts from others are missing there.]

ETA:

In the Jason fan thread, a post of mine from today still is there. But I had gone back to make an itty-bitty revision (well before any posts vanished) -- and the revision has vanished.
    Happened to me quite a few times, even back in April while I had only my smartphone with GS forum access being at home - while using 'Edit post' option, the post I selected to edit disappeared automatically after clicking 'Save Changes'.

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by gsk8 View Post
    We are looking into this. Apparently there was a server migration today. Feel free to repost.
    Thx for looking into it, gsk8.

Quote Originally Posted by NoNameFace View Post
    Happened to me quite a few times, even back in April while I had only my smartphone with GS forum access being at home - while using 'Edit post' option, the post I selected to edit disappeared automatically after clicking 'Save Changes'.
    To be clear: You and I are talking about apples and oranges. We did not have the same experience.

As I said above: In my (isolated) case from yesterday, the post that I edited did *not* disappear in entirety. The original post still is viewable in the thread.
    The only thing that vanished is my itty-bitty revision within the post.

Bona Fide Member

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by ice coverage View Post
    Thx for looking into it, gsk8.

To be clear: You and I are talking about apples and oranges. We did not have the same experience.

As I said above: In my (isolated) case from yesterday, the post that I edited did *not* disappear in entirety. The original post still is viewable in the thread.
    The only thing that vanished is my itty-bitty revision within the post.
    Big apologies for misunderstanding! My posts disappeared altogether after attempt to edit them... And this is an issue for some time at my phone it seems.

1 Not allowed!
    Thx to gsk8 for explaining that the migration was to a more secure server.

Quote Originally Posted by NoNameFace View Post
    Big apologies for misunderstanding! My posts disappeared altogether after attempt to edit them... And this is an issue for some time at my phone it seems.
    I do hope that your separate problem (recurring problem that does sound frustrating ) can be solved.

I seem to vaguely recall seeing other mentions (scattered among various threads, I think?) that others using GS on a phone have had the same problem as you?

So happens that I do not use GS on a phone, so I do not really remember whether there ever was a specific thread to focus on the phone-related problem. (Or whether there was any resolution.)
    Maybe you could start a thread?

In any case, good luck.

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar

3 Not allowed!
    When you edit a post, the first option at the top of the page is Delete Post. When using a phone, I have seen that option be inadvertently checked.

When on a phone, especially, be very sure the Delete option is not checked before hitting Save Changes.

Bona Fide Member

3 Not allowed!
    ice coverage and dorispulaski - many thanks for your response!
    I have to be more careful while posting on the phone, I always uncheck delete option automatically selected while editing, but sometimes it goes back, I have to be just more diligent in checking