Favourite jumps of the last season | Golden Skate

Favourite jumps of the last season

Tulipstar

Medalist
What were your favourite jumps of the last season?

I hope to see a specific jump from a skater at a certain event. So, for example, I thought Mai Mihara's 3S at the Cup of China was very good.
Anything else?

yoloaxel

Record Breaker
- Yuzuru's Ballade 3A
- Yuzuru's Ballade 3A
- Yuzuru's Ballade 3A
- Yuzuru's Ballade 3A

Grin

Medalist
Trusova 4s at JWC 2018, her 3lz-3lo combos
All Polina's sucessfull 3lz jumps and 3lz-3t combos )

combo

Rinkside
All of Kaori Sakamoto's successful 3Lo, but I particularly loved the one in her FS at Skate America

yume

🍉
Record Breaker
Yuzu's 4T-3T in SP at olympics: I lost a tear.
Boyang's 4lz in his FS at 4CC: Watch how my two ankles got well.
Shoma's 3A-1lo-3F at worlds: I'm a fighter.
Rika Kihira's 3A-3T at JGPF: History.
Trusova's 4T : History, first 4T by a lady.
Wakaba's 2nd 3lz-3T in FS at worlds: boom! take that!
Zagitova's 3lz-3lo in FS at olympics: Badass!
Yuhana Yokoi's 2A-3T-2T at the end of her FS: Badass×2
Nana Araki's 3lz at....i can't choose: Great great great!!!
Osmond's 3F-3T in SP at olympics: Let me show you how this should be jumped.
Daleman's 3T-3T: Definition of good height and distance.
Mihara's 3S at CoC: That's how a rippon jump highlight a program.
Midori Ito's 2A at oberstdoff: Try to beat that.

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
A good triple axel is nearly always my favourite jump so I'll vote for Yuzuru's because.. well it's lovely.

Also Javi's quads, when done well, are always a thing of beauty.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
Tarakanova 3z rippon with the blade grab on a very nice curved exit :love:

https://youtu.be/mE9IXqb4wXs?t=2m2s

Okay, so I appreciate the intricacies of this jumping pass, but there is something so contrived about the exit of this. It's almost like you can picture Eteri commanding her from the boards to grab her blade for that extra GOE bullet. I know she's a junior, so nuancing will come with time, but there's something so frenetic and "Okay I did this.. now I gotta do this... and okay, then I should do this" about Tarakanova's skating. Someone like Kostornaia is much more natural and her choreography and movements "breathe" more.

Like, that 3Z would look so much better if it was just a pivot on the exit, instead of the forced grab of the blade to get higher GOE. One of my favourite "creative exits" was Yu Na Kim in her Send In the Clowns program (I think) where she landed a jump on a RBO edge and then did a simple LFI choctaw. Such a simple subtle movement, still difficult, but effective.

For exit transitions, I like to see a bit of control on the landing.. like when Hanyu kicks his leg up after his 3A or Chan does a falling leaf after his 3A, you can tell that he is in control of the landing and it actually works as a landing transition leading into the next movements.

I'm actually glad that creative exit is no longer a GOE bullet because hopefully that will allow us to see jumps with more controlled landings, which to me has more impact than most of the "creative exits" we see.

Shayuki

Record Breaker
Okay, so I appreciate the intricacies of this jumping pass, but there is something so contrived about the exit of this. It's almost like you can picture Eteri commanding her from the boards to grab her blade for that extra GOE bullet.
Ugh, that's just your projection. How about just judging the movements as they are without these ridiculous interpretations? I've seen a 5yo girl use the blade grabbing exit, it's not some Eteri invention. And it's certainly far more interesting than a LFI choctaw, especially with how deep the landing edge is. I can't help but roll my eyes at the "LFI choctaw" suggestion, in fact. Sheesh. We've seen enough of those for a couple of lifetimes.

Ulrica

On the Ice
Yuzuru's 3A from any competition
Yuzuru's delayed axel at the Olympic Gala
Yuzuru's 4T-3T in SP at the Olympics
Any quad from Yuzu when well landed, really
Rika Kihira's 3A-3T in FS at JGPF
Alina's 3Lz-3Lo in FS at the Olympics
And most of her jumps at the Olympics
Javi's 4S when well landed
Boyang Jin's 4Lz in FS at 4CC