Tuktamysheva bringing back 3A and artistry | Golden Skate

Tuktamysheva bringing back 3A and artistry

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
“My programs are ready and almost finalized and we started earlier learning new jump combinations and elements,” she said. At the training camp in Tartu last month, Tuktamysheva felt she was in better shape than in previous years at this time. She was working on the triple Axel – posting a video of a nice one she landed – plus a triple Lutz-triple toe.

“Another important aspect is that I didn’t have to heal injuries at the end of the season,” she explained. “I kept myself in good tone. I was physically well-prepared and didn’t have any problems.”

More...

She is skating to an upbeat and fun long program to “You Don’t Love Me” by Caro Emerald and “Petite Fleur” by The Hot Sardines this season.

Last edited:

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
Maybe the post Olympic year will always be Tukt time to shine. 2019 World Champion!

I discovered Caro Emerald after S/M used her That Man for their short program. I'll have to look up this song.

Lamente Ariane

Skating Skills -5, Fashion +3, Camp +4
Record Breaker
Really excited to see Liza's new programs! Checking out the music now.

Bluediamonds09

Medalist
It is odd to hear Tuk speak about artistry. I’m hopeful. I hope I love her programs. But I can never be a fan of hers if she doesn’t stop doing the broken leg spin into a tuck position. No!!! NO!!!!

dna5019

Final Flight
I'm really happy to hear this. I can't wait to see her programs and I hope she'll have a strong season! :luv17: Land that 3A! :agree:

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Liza sounds grounded and upbeat about the upcoming season. Looking forward to her new programs they sound amazing
and that 3A was beautiful!

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
YASSSS LIZA! :clap:

I've love her spirit and hope the best for her. And thank god she's not doing a tango or middle eastern program (RIP those Muu muus).

AMAZING song choices for her. Or like, any skater. I know it'll be tough, but I just want to see her slay again. She's like a Leonova 2.0 where I hope she will always be in the mix and have something unique and exciting (other than a 3A) to bring to every competition.

andromache

Record Breaker
Never my favorite skater, but one of my absolute favorite jumpers :love:.

So glad to hear she's doing 3Lz-3Ts!!! Even though it might not be as gorgeous as her 3T-3T.

She's one of the few remaining good female technicians on the circuit. She automatically wins a lot of respect from me. It's a pity people care less about jumping like that, and instead about "consistent" technique.

Tanager

On the Ice
I have a dream that once every four years Tukt can rise like a muumuu-and-ponytail clad phoenix and just be utterly wonderful. I really hope this coming season can be a great one for her.

dante

a dark lord
Final Flight
Country
Russia
With such a 3A she seems to defy the laws of physics. It seems to simply be done automagically.

I'm starting to think that Kremlin has bought GoldenSkate and now they post articles exclusively about russian skaters only :biggrin:

It's been my thought for the last 3 cover stories on GS. :)

rikaquegira

On the Ice
I’m excited for her comeback! She has great jumps and the 3A is a marvel!! I wish her all the best and hope she can find an artistic path to match her technical prowess.

Shayuki

Record Breaker
Hopefully she's in good form! Perhaps a world championship isn't quite realistic but it'd be fantastic if she actually managed to make the worlds team or even medal there! People didn't expect her to do it 4 years ago either.

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
And what a beautiful young woman she's become. I know, that's not really the point, but I was pleasantly surprised by her looks at this time. I'm quite a fan of her jumping, so I truly hope she'll pull it off this season and have a comparable one to 2014-2015, but with some more maturity and artistry. I surely love her attitude. Yay! Go girl!

mrrice

Record Breaker
She looks great! I hope she can keep this up. Like Miki, Maria Butyrskaya had the season of her life following her 4th place finish a Nagano. I love so many of the Russian girls but, I have a special place in my heart for Tuk because she's had some setbacks and doesn't give up. I wish her the best.

drivingmissdaisy

Record Breaker
Okay so she is the Miki Ando of our generation :cool14:

This was my first thought. There are often big events in which the heavy favorites are absent or skate poorly. It isn't hard to imagine an in-form Liza sneaking onto the podium, especially with a 3A and a solid 3-3.