Summer Skating | Golden Skate

Summer Skating

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
Well, you really do know you're a figure skating fanatic when you grab your skates and head up to your local rink for a few lapse around the rink during summer. I used to love summer skating school. It's especially refreshing to hit the ice on a on a hot summer day. While everyone else is heading for the swimming pool or nearest lake, I love taking to the ice. I just checked the community centre brochure and we have a loony skate ($1.00) starting in July and running until the end of Aug. What a great way to spend the summer! I might just check it out this summer!

:biggrin::yahoo:

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I think it was Javier Fernandez who said he loved heading for the cool space of the ice rink during hot summers when he was a kid, too. :luv17:

BillNeal

You Know I'm a FS Fan...
Record Breaker
Summer vacation=more time to skate!

What is a loony skate?

The "loonie" is what we call our one dollar coin in Canada, since the loon appears on it. In the context of the OP, it seems that is the entrance fee.

VegMom

On the Ice
My skater started in the Summer. We wanted to cool off. He fell in love.

It’s a great time to skate. No school so there’s more free time to practice.

gkelly

Record Breaker
My rink has switched to the summer schedule this week.

In the spring when I skated midmorning sessions there would be up to 10 skaters on the ice, mostly adults. The session I skated today had ~25 10- to 20-year-olds.

likevelvet

#Bless this mess
On the Ice
Country
United-States
I never did do well in the heat. Probably how my parents coaxed me onto the ice so easily :agree:

Massively jealous of a $1 ice time. My public sessions at literally 7x that, freestyles are 14x. :bang: At least in the summer no one thinks to skate so public ice time, especially in the mornings, the ice is essentially all mine!

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
Such fun..I'll be skating until the beginning of July and start again second part of August. And it's true: going onto an ice rink when it's all sweaty and hot outside is perfect. Better than swimming even (And I like to swim too).