For the Female Skaters Only | Page 3 | Golden Skate

For the Female Skaters Only

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
For me, my problem is that I can’t use tampons — they go in and don’t come out 😂 but I loved them while I could ...

jf12

Final Flight
I've been unprocessed-whole-foods high-carb-low-fat (HCLF) vegan for 4+ years now. (lost 80lbs in the first year and have maintained my weight.) I never drink, smoke, or take any drugs whatsoever.

OT but congrats on your weight loss!!

sarahspiral

Rinkside
I've been using DivaCup (menstrual cup) for years now and haven't had to buy any tampons or pads anymore. While the cup may be pricey, it should last like 20 years or more. You're saving a ridiculous amount of money by not having to buy pads or tampons every month.

I did pads for years, but switched to plastic applicator tampons in college because I was sick of carrying a bloody bag around in my pants and it was giving me a rash from the rubbing. Then I switched to menstrual cup after learning they existed and haven't looked back. Menstrual cup is definitely the best solution in comfort, price, and environmental-friendliness.

I've met girls who stay with pads because they're afraid to put anything inside of them. But then I think "how in the world do you plan to have sex? Have a baby etc one day?" Menstrual cup is teeny tiny compared to having sex or having a baby. Plus, because I was already so comfortable with menstrual cup for years, it actually made me far less nervous about having sex for the first time, when the time came, because I was already familiar with that part of my body for a long time.

I'm also someone who uses a diaphragm for birth control instead of taking the pill or IUD or anything unnatural. --> https://hclfvegan.neocities.org/birth_control.html
I've been unprocessed-whole-foods high-carb-low-fat (HCLF) vegan for 4+ years now. (lost 80lbs in the first year and have maintained my weight.) I never drink, smoke, or take any drugs whatsoever. While my period flow is still heavy (a sign of fertility), I get far less cramps, acne, and other PMS-like symptoms. My period is also much more regular and predictable. Regular, steady periods are natural and a sign of good health, and we shouldn't "suppress" them just because we find them inconvenient.
And as far as keeping the blood contained, menstrual cups have the least amount of chemical substances in them, since its just a silicone cup. Pads and tampons have a ton of chemicals in them, to bleach them white etc. --> https://www.google.com/search?source=hp&q=chemicals+in+menstrual+pads

I am going to check out the cup because it would be so nice not to have to wear a pad during my competition! Thank You! Congratulations on your weight loss!

- - - Updated - - -

For me, my problem is that I can’t use tampons — they go in and don’t come out 😂 but I loved them while I could ...

I've had some trouble with that too! Thanks!

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
I am going to check out the cup because it would be so nice not to have to wear a pad during my competition! Thank You! Congratulations on your weight loss!

- - - Updated - - -

I've had some trouble with that too! Thanks!

Even the ones with the strings?! Don't put them in too far and pull the string when it's time to get it out. Seriously. :confused:

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Also, to the chemical statement. Yes, chemicals in these things are bad and gross.

But...there are companies that make unbleached and all natural tampons and pads.

Even Tampax has gotten in on it lately.

Arwen17

Final Flight
Also, to the chemical statement. Yes, chemicals in these things are bad and gross.

But...there are companies that make unbleached and all natural tampons and pads.

Even Tampax has gotten in on it lately.

And I'm totally cool with those types as long as they're biodegradable. But even then, a single divacup purchase is waaaaay cheaper than those expensive "organic" tampons/pads etc.

Rozeamide

Rinkside
What do female skaters wear under dresses?

This might be a stupid question but do female skaters just wear skating tights then the dress or do they wear some type of underwear underneath the tights? Or do they not wear any underwear at all

Nimyue

On the Ice
Really? The first time I skated in a dress (last Friday) I wore underwear. The Mondor tights don’t have the “underwear” liner so I assumed I was meant to plus my dress was dark so no issues there...

These are the sorts of things I appreciate learning on a forum online rather than asking my coaches lol

sandraskates

Final Flight
Country
United-States
There is no "one size fits all" answer to this question.

Some skaters wear nothing, other do wear underwear (of various types / styles).
Do what is comfortable for yourself.

vlaurend

Final Flight
I wear cotton thong underwear so it's functional and comfortable but guaranteed not to show.