Daria Usacheva | Page 7 | Golden Skate

Daria Usacheva

Decoder

On the Ice
Daria's SP performance: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d6EizjJIWSE (and with Ted Barton's commentary: https://youtu.be/gPdd4ZZxPYM?t=4023)
Daria's FP performance: https://youtu.be/TH5E14tnC9A?t=7491

For me, Daria is such a marvellous young skater. She really does seem to connect with her music, not necessarily in terms of being perfectly musical, always keeping to the rhythm, but in the way she expresses it. Seeing how good she is right now, as a junior, makes me want so very much for her to have a long and successful senior career, so that she can grow into this talent.

Also, the flexibility in her back during her layback spins is astonishing - she just folds right over as supple as a cat, while staying pretty neatly centred as well; I think she's quite a good spinner. I was so happy to see her complete a clean FP - may she continue to grow in confidence and consistency with her jumps, so that she can have more wonderful clean free programmes in the future. She is just such a pleasure to watch, and I am happy that she made it to the podium here at Nationals and will be off to Junior Worlds. The more of Daria's skating I get to see, the happier I shall be.

Yes, and these are Ted's words right after she finishes the SP:

Wow there are very few skaters that actually make you believe that they are singing the song, even though you know they are not, their body movement and choreography seems to be directing to the words, the emotion of the voice.

eterislouisvuitton

On the Ice
Dasha has been named to the jr worlds team, so hopefully we will see more of her there :)

She and Stephen Gogolev are my favorite juniors this year, Dasha struggles with nerves but she has beautiful ability, her interpretation, skating skills, and all of that are impressive for her age. She can get lost in the quad novices but I see a 3A in her, and I also see a jr world medal now that Ksenia isn't going.

Молодец Дарья!

eterislouisvuitton

On the Ice
Dasha will skate in the sp of the junior world championships in Estonia. Her SP is usually brilliant, it is quite possibly my favorite junior program of the entire season. SHe's a beautiful girl and beautiful skater as well. Her layout will be 2A, 3Lo, 3F+3T. In a training session earlier today, she delivered a nice 3Lz+3T so I wonder if that is part of the plans to bring the base value up a little bit.

Good luck Dasha! Show your brilliance!

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
Similarly to Maiia, Daria was nervous a little, which caused one smaller mistake on the combo. Still, solid position for the free skate, if she deliver the same skate as during junior nationals, she has very solid chance for a podium.

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
Similarly to Maiia, Daria was nervous a little, which caused one smaller mistake on the combo. Still, solid position for the free skate, if she deliver the same skate as during junior nationals, she has very solid chance for a podium.

Good luck for the FS, and may it result in a medal! :pray:

Vemvane

On the Ice
Yay, yay, yay, Daria skated clean in the free! She has become so much more consistent this season, and she can really give this programme the passion it deserves now that she is more secure in the jumps. And congratulations to her on her silver medal - I really wasn't expecting her to place ahead of Alysa, as she doesn't have the technical arsenal to match just yet, but she just went out there and laid down a quality performance.

SkateSkates

Medalist
Well deserved Silver Medal for Dasha today! I’m so glad she got out of her own way and was able to skate clean when it counted the most!

Lunalovesskating

Moonbear power 🐻
Record Breaker
Really happy for Daria. She has improved so much! That tricky Flip finally did not betray her at the end of the program. She kept her nerves and delivered a beautiful program! She flows across the ice. I was also happy to see Daria happy, she looked a little bit sad and disappointed during the JGP season. Here she could not contain her smile!

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
Really happy for Daria. She has improved so much! That tricky Flip finally did not betray her at the end of the program. She kept her nerves and delivered a beautiful program! She flows across the ice. I was also happy to see Daria happy, she looked a little bit sad and disappointed during the JGP season. Here she could not contain her smile!

Both Dar'ya and Maya pulled themselves together when it counted. Dar'ya certainly skated her best free program performance in the World Championships: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QMhjLdwGpsc , hopefully there will be good quality fancam recordings too :)

The visible relief and excitement showing in Dar'ya and her rink mates means they are glad the competitive season is over and they've managed to end it on a high. Mission accomplished, and now the fun of gala performances and exhibitions begins, and perhaps some invitations to foreign shows, photo shoots and what else during the off season?

She'll finish her triksel no doubt and come next season will emerge stronger than ever.

PS: Dar'ya will compete in Spartakiad Final, which will be held March 16-21 in Krasnoyarsk!

PSS: Dar'ya trying to waltz at the banquet, she'll want to improve her dancing skills ;-) : https://vk.com/eteritutberidze?w=wall-97272391_255172

eterislouisvuitton

On the Ice
Daria skated completely clean and performed beautifully. I knew she was capable of it all along! Good job on the silver!

I wonder what is in for her this off season. 3Lz+3T and 3A are priorities, and hopefully continuing to nurture her ability in components (3 pts lower than Kamila? I think not) Maybe even a 4S? I just hope she stays injury free.

Can't wait to see new programs performed by the beatiful Dasha!

bytheriver

On the Ice
Do we think the junior solo jump next year will be lutz? If so, I hope Dasha continues to get more confidence on her 3F since she will have to keep that combo in the short program. I definitely think she has 3A potential given her floaty 2A. 4T might be a possibility too.

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
Dar'ya grateful: https://www.instagram.com/p/B9hXy_lJaRb/

d_usacheva_
"My first junior world championship has ended��. Thank you very much, to all my coaches for the work done, your patience and support. It was very interesting, a great experience for me. I also want to thank @d_usacheva_team for the great support. Thank you all"