Daria Usacheva | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Daria Usacheva

Good Vibes Only

On the Ice
Good job Daria!! That double axel looked so effortless!! She has always been a favorite of mine and I am so happy for her. Hopefully she will skate just as good in the free. I don't know why, but she kind of gives me Yulia vibes. Maybe it's because her body is so expressive and she has that ability to draw me into a performance the same way that Yulia did. I also love her hands and how they are pointed:thumbsup:

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
Would Dar'ya be a reader of Emily Bronte novels and other such literature and able to appreciate it? That could explain her maturity in presenting these images.

meadow

Rinkside
Congratulations to Daria for the silver at JGP Croatia!
Too bad for the fall and the little mistakes, but she's always so so good to watch even if not clean! When I see her skate, I can't believe she's only thirteen. She shows such maturity and musicality! Today she seemed nervous, tbh, I hope nerves aren't affecting her too much.
With two silvers, is her spot at the GPF guaranteed? :confused:

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker

Last year's cutoff was 26 JGP points, which Dar'ya has achieved. Het total score is 391.59, which considering this seasons' scoring is only beatable by Kseniya Sinitsyna, who needs to score at least Silver and 187.34 to end above Dar'ya but will not displace her.
Park of KOR needs a Silver and 205.01 to end above Dar'ya, which seems impossible.
Matsuike of JPN needs a Gold and 198.55 to end above Dar'ya, which is doable if Sinitsyna and Park both falter, but will not displace Dar'ya.
So she is in the final.

All contestants start with a clean slate and the draw for the short program is random (?), so clean slate for all.

Dar'ya has proved herself as a medal contender, and 10 weeks of skating at her home rink will give her confidence and stability, wether she will have other domestic starts in between, I don't know.

Happy Skates

Final Flight
Too bad for the fall and the little mistakes, but she's always so so good to watch even if not clean! When I see her skate, I can't believe she's only thirteen. She shows such maturity and musicality! Today she seemed nervous, tbh, I hope nerves aren't affecting her too much.

Yes, she's 100% qualified. She's currently fourth in the standings, and only two girls can possibly jump over her in the standings at Egna. So worst case scenario she will qualify in sixth. Congratulations to her, and may she skate two clean programs in the final!

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic

Yes, it is, just like Edwin confirmed. There are four contenders for medals in Egna:
Kseniia Sinitsina: 13 points (score 204.25)
Yeonjeong Park: 13 points (score 186.58)
Rino Matsuike: 11 points (score 193.03)
Anna Frolova: 11 points (score 181.96)

Daria is fourth in overal stangings, so it would require 3 skaters to get before her, which is impossible, of those four only two potentially can get before her in any variant.

Now I only wish to see first two clean skates from Daria in Turin :thumbsup:

meadow

Rinkside
Last year's cutoff was 26 JGP points, which Dar'ya has achieved. Het total score is 391.59, which considering this seasons' scoring is only beatable by Kseniya Sinitsyna, who needs to score at least Silver and 187.34 to end above Dar'ya but will not displace her.
Park of KOR needs a Silver and 205.01 to end above Dar'ya, which seems impossible.
Matsuike of JPN needs a Gold and 198.55 to end above Dar'ya, which is doable if Sinitsyna and Park both falter, but will not displace Dar'ya.
So she is in the final.

All contestants start with a clean slate and the draw for the short program is random (?), so clean slate for all.

Dar'ya has proved herself as a medal contender, and 10 weeks of skating at her home rink will give her confidence and stability, wether she will have other domestic starts in between, I don't know.

Yes, she's 100% qualified. She's currently fourth in the standings, and only two girls can possibly jump over her in the standings at Egna. So worst case scenario she will qualify in sixth. Congratulations to her, and may she skate two clean programs in the final!

Yes, it is, just like Edwin confirmed. There are four contenders for medals in Egna:

Daria is fourth in overal stangings, so it would require 3 skaters to get before her, which is impossible, of those four only two potentially can get before her in any variant.

Thank you all for the answers! :)
I'm really happy she qualified for the final, I'm really looking forward to see her skate in Turin!

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
Dar’ya is from Khabarovsk, in the Far East of Russia.

How did she come to Moscow and Khrustalniy? None of her profiles list any details, and I cannot remember Dar'ya herself telling about herself in this detail in an interview.

I asked around and was told her parents moved to Moscow with baby Dasha before she even started in FS. Dar'ya has been with Khrustalniy ever since she put her first little toddler foot on the ice in 2009. Her first trainers were Oksana Bulucheva and Anna Tsareva. So Dar'ya is a true #TeamTutberidzeForProgress skater.

'Speed is your friend', and Dar'ya certainly doesn't lack any speed, only today she landed a couple of jumps not with the 'good exit' she so much wanted and worked towards to as she told in the Test Skates interview. Perhaps some nerves or just the desire to be 110% perfect played its part, or the late hour which takes a huge concentration effort. Experiences gained, nevertheless.

Giltedge

Final Flight
Would Dar'ya be a reader of Emily Bronte novels and other such literature and able to appreciate it? That could explain her maturity in presenting these images.

...novel...
Emily wrote only one, Wuthering Heights, considered by many to be far the best of the Brontës' output. She published it at 29. The next year she died.

skatergurl7

On the Ice
Such an expressive skater! If she can just skate clean in the final I think she can definitely get the bronze

MarinHondas

Final Flight
Such an expressive skater! If she can just skate clean in the final I think she can definitely get the bronze

I really want to see her skate cleanly in that free skate! Also, wonder if she’s close on any 3a or quads. Don’t want Daria to get stuck like Kosto with only triples, Daria should be on top of podiums because of her beautiful musicality and extension. Just needs a quad or 3a to really challenge the best.

Ziotic

Medalist

It’s actually not impossible for her to not make it.
Rino or Frolova wins
Yeonjeong 2nd
Sinitsyna 3rd with a higher combined score (187.34)

Although unlikely it’s actually more possible than I initially thought as it could go Rino(193), Yeonjeong (189), Sinitsyna (188). So Daria basically needs Sinitsyna to not many mistakes.

Mawwerg

Final Flight
It’s actually not impossible for her to not make it.
Rino or Frolova wins
Yeonjeong 2nd
Sinitsyna 3rd with a higher combined score (187.34)

Although unlikely it’s actually more possible than I initially thought as it could go Rino(193), Yeonjeong (189), Sinitsyna (188). So Daria basically needs Sinitsyna to not many mistakes.

Daria has two second places, Sinitsyna has one. If Sinitsyna will be third then no matter how big her score will be she loses to Daria.

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
We don't know what Dar'ya or any other Khrustalniy skater has in her arsenal apart from the skill shown in competitions. For good reasons the athletes and trainers remain tight lipped about anything that is still 'under construction', until the skaters probably have been given permission to publish something on their official social media. By then a new skill should be almost ready for exposition.

Dar'ya seems to me a bright and serious girl, very dedicated to the quality of her skating in all its aspects, she will want every new skill of her to be as perfect a possible before displaying it to the public.

She might try to improve on her Lutz'es, avoiding any chance of edge calls as best as possible and perhaps work on stabilising her step sequences at level 4 under almost any circumstance. New big skills, esp. ultra-si like triksels and quads are best left out until after JGPF.

Good Vibes Only

On the Ice
Daria's SP performance from Denis Ten memorial:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RzPgOpVbK8Q

Good job Daria!! That was a super good program!! Imo she looked less nervous here than at her JGPs, which is understandable. Hopefully she is learning how to deal with her nerves. That combo was so good and the step sequence was so expressive!! She has such a gift with expressing with her body. Good luck in the free program!!:hap10:

Last edited:

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
Good job Daria!! That was a super good program!! Imo she looked less nervous here than at her JGPs, which is understandable. Hopefully she is learning how to deal with her nerves. That combo was so good and the step sequence was so expressive!! She has such a gift with expressing with her body. Good luck in the free program!!:hap10:

The fact that she has qualified for JGPF after all may have taken some nervousness out of her. If she will skate like this there the results can be still interresting :)