Daisuke Takahashi to Return to Competition | Golden Skate

Daisuke Takahashi to Return to Competition

Interspectator

Record Breaker
Guys, I can barely believe this is true, but all the Sports News outlets are publishing it so I think it is!
Daisuke Takahashi is going to compete this year. (EDIT: Yes, it's true!)

https://twitter.com/sponichisports/status/1013259653730332675
:eeking:

On July 1st, the first day of the new season, (Daisuke Takahashi) Announced through his agency that he was returning to competition.

He watched the 2017 Nationals, as a part of the TV broadcasting and was moved by the situations and goals of each of the skaters at Nationals, and wanted to feel that tension and compete and skate within it.

Once more, (I) want to bully my body, retrain, and perform in a way that I can feel "I have completion in my competitive career" that I wasn't able to feel before my retirement.

--That was my very simple translation of this article. Please correct or add if you see an error or a better use of words. :luv17:

http://d1sk.com/en/ A statement in English has been posted on Daisuke's official site.

First and foremost, I would like to announce my return to the competition from beginning of the new season, July 1st. In 2017 Japan Figure Skating Championships, I had the privilege to be present at the site from Media's standpoint and I was really moved by each skater's respective positions thus motivations, which made me realize that I want to fight and skate again in such tensed environment.

In 2014, due to my injury, I was unable to compete in the World Figure Skating Championships which was held in Japan, and Sochi Olympics Game became my last competition. In the same year in October 14th, I had retired as an eligible skater. It took me nearly 4 years from then, but now I would like to face fully with Figure Skating, and for me to catch up on my skating from the old days, I realized that returning to the competition is the answer....
More can be read in the link.

Update: There will be a press conference this evening, July 1st, where we will hopefully have more information.

Last edited:

friedbanana

End Turandot!
Final Flight
WHATTTTTT DJKLSLkddk

This offseason is very, very wild!! I'd love to see Daisuke back in competition :love:

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
I just heard. OMG is this real or has Dai's site been hacked??????.

He has been in France for about a week getting a new program choreographed by Benoit silly
me thought it was new exhibition program.

yude

Record Breaker
Today is not April 1, it is July 1 right? :shocked:

If he really wants to do it, why not?

I'm already worried about ticket battles in Japan :laugh:

dobrevaria

Rinkside
This off season is wild ! But well happy to see him in competition if he does come back for real.

Interspectator

Record Breaker
Today is not April 1, it is July 1 right? :shocked:

If he really wants to do it, why not?

I'm already worried about ticket battles in Japan :laugh:

I'm speechless, but this is his chance to finish (or continue???) his career on his own terms, and in whatever way he likes. I can't wait to see him.
-But I won't even try to get tickets. :laugh:

charlotte14

Medalist
Daisuke has proven that the Japanese can win when it comes to dramas. Eteri/Zhenia breakup whut? No one brings the drama like the Russians? Think again.

On a scale of wilding, this is truly the one that wins this offseason.

Wait until Yagudin says he wants to come back as well maybe.

Do you think it is because right now Japan does not have a third man in the same calibre of its first and second ones?

Interspectator

Record Breaker
Do you think it is because right now Japan does not have a third man in the same calibre of its first and second ones?

Dai's comments are too vague to tell if he's actually going for the National Team or if his main goal is to get to Nationals and do his best.
We'll have to wait and see if he tells us more.