Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

Thread: Daisuke Takahashi to Return to Competition

Bona Fide Member

1 Not allowed!
    What if he achieves great result at the Nationals? I mean-sure they decide the World's team based on many aspects. But I truly wonder if they would question his ability to have a great Worlds comeback, even if he doesn't medal.
    He said his plans so far are very modest. I sort of don't think that is what he truly wants. I think he wants the International success back in his life.

Let’s go crazy

2 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by gerorin View Post
    I know this thread is a few days old already but I've English Subbed Dai-chan's first TV appearance after announcing return here:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=By7yWU6Tm64

(Click on the CC button to see the sub. This is uploaded as an unlisted video in a throwaway YT account of mine as I'm trying not to upload illegal stuff in my main YT account)
    Thank you so much for that!
    Last year Japanese Nat was really good, and many ppl cried for Yamamoto's performance (I did too.), I am so glad that Yamamoto's performance light up the fire inside Dai. I can't wait to see him in competitions.
    I am guessing with Dai shown up in regional competition, we will be getting upgrades with the broadcasting (send the best camera crew please )

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by charlotte14 View Post
    Daisuke has proven that the Japanese can win when it comes to dramas. Eteri/Zhenia breakup whut? No one brings the drama like the Russians? Think again.

On a scale of wilding, this is truly the one that wins this offseason.

Wait until Yagudin says he wants to come back as well maybe.
    Wait until Rodnina will come back to competing

Medalist

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by russianfan View Post
    Wait until Rodnina will come back to competing
    Not that woman, anyone but her.

Skating is Art, if you let it be Blades of Passion's Avatar

8 Not allowed!
    It’s going to be so wonderful to see him skate again. I doubt the quads will be there but that doesn’t matter, beautiful skating doesn’t require any quad.

Quote Originally Posted by CanadianSkaterGuy View Post
    Also while Dai has been underscored in some competitions, he's also been generously rewarded on PCS in spite of tech issues.

I mean, at his most recent competition, the 2014 Olympics, where he was 4th SP/6th LP/6th overall, he had the 12th best TES in the SP (and 3rd highest PCS). In the LP he had the 13th best TES (and 2nd highest PCS).
    LOL, still trying to push this narrative. That’s how the scoring is supposed to work, when appropriate. TES and PCS are separate. Dai was hounded by phantom CoP tech issues more than almost any other skater to begin with, mostly importantly his non-prerotated jumps being wrongly hammered at times, because callers don’t know what they are doing and ISU still doesn’t want to clearly address it.

GS Supporter

6 Not allowed!
    It's so nice to see the skater with superb skating skills, artistic curiosity and originality at competitions again. Olympic seasons are the most artistically boring ones. I was sick and tired of watching warhorses and recycled programs.

Tripping on the Podium

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by charlotte14 View Post
    Wait until Yagudin says he wants to come back as well maybe.
    Sure.
    Coming in on a wing and a prayer
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B69CquvLHgY&t=1m20s

this song was translated:
    На честном слове и на одном крыле

0 Not allowed!
    On the contrary to Daisuke T., Machida says he is retiring from professional skating to be focused on his postgraduate study and his part-time job as a university lecturer.
    https://www.asahi.com/articles/ASL7D664FL7DUTQP03Y.html

Bona Fide Member

5 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by cinnamon View Post
    On the contrary to Daisuke T., Machida says he is retiring from professional skating to be focused on his postgraduate study and his part-time job as a university lecturer.
    https://www.asahi.com/articles/ASL7D664FL7DUTQP03Y.html
    And Machida talked a little about Daisuke's return.

"I think it is more of a chance for young skaters. Competing with an experienced veteran skater is the greatest opportunity for skaters who will play the role in the next generation, so I hope they are stimulated much, and I would rather like to give encouraging words to young skaters."

https://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=2...2-spnannex-spo

5 Not allowed!
    Kazuki Tomono on Daisuke's return:
    He’s a skater I’ve respected since I was little, but he’s a god-like figure that even now I haven’t caught up to… It’s a great honor that we may be able to compete together in the final group at Japanese Nationals. In order to become a skater who can fight and shine at the top of the world, I must practice with the feeling of overtaking Daisuke Takahashi
    http://www.tvguide.or.jp/feature/kis...180711/01.html

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17